PDA

View Full Version : gondor wotr list

El_Davo
12-26-2009, 02:01 AM
hey first post and first army list for wotr
and i need some help
i wanna do a 2000 point pure gondor list.
this is what i got so far

Epic heroes
Aragorn on horseback 200

boromir on foot 175

faramir on foot 90

pippin on foot 75

Common formatins
MT knights
6 companies w/shields, captain, banner 265
MT knights
4 companies w/shields, captain, banner 205
MT knights
MT knights

Rangers of gondor
4 companies w/captain 170

Mt archers
3 companies w/captain 140
Mt archers
3 companies w/captain 140

fortunes
untainted palantir on aragorn 75
total = 1945

so this is my list so far. i'm thinkin about makin the rangers either blackrootvale or grey company. havnt decided yet. lemmie know what you think

Cryl
12-26-2009, 04:15 AM
Big blocks of infantry are where Gondor really excells. 4 / 6 company formations of Warriors of Minas Tirith with full command should be the basic building blocks of your army. The Knights are good for flank attacks on units tied up with the infantry blocks, if you like the pure cav approach then Rohan might be better for you.

List wise you've spent a lot of points on heroes which might seem great but you don't need both Aragorn and Boromir in my opinion and for the points cost of either you can get a lot of infantry companies! Personally I'd take Aragorn and put him in the Grey Company with Halbarad and the Banner of the King, that's a really nice unit. Faramir is amazing for his points cost and is a "must take" as far as my lists are concerned. Pippin I've never used mostly because I'm not convinced he's worth the points but YMMV. Final note on heroes in WotR is that they come both foot and mounted and can freely swap between cav and infantry formations with no penalty so it doesn't matter if you take them with a horse or not :)

Basically if you're taking a Gondor list then take big blocks of infantry supported by cavalry is what they do really well. I know you said pure Gondor but Swan Knights of Dol Amroth are amazingly good, expensive models to buy both £ and points but really good.

Consider something like Aragorn, Faramir, 3ish blocks of 4 companies WoMT with full command, couple blocks archers and then cav for counter attack. I'm assuming that you have access to other models but if you want to stick to certain things let us know and we can work with that... good luck with your list and welcome to BoLS :)

El_Davo
12-27-2009, 02:23 AM
haha yea im not sure why i put in "on horse back" haha
thats good i like your points youve made. yea i think i'll drop boromir and add in some warriors.

i think pippin makes faramir better. but only if they're in a cc unit. pippin makes them steadfast on 4 or better, so i think he is pretty cool. i'll go play some games and let you know how it works out.

tahnks again

Bob la Frankie
01-26-2010, 12:13 AM
I am also going to go with gondor in war of the ring. Also if u opponent has low courage units warriors of the dead are the way to go, using courage rather than defense to wound. The king of the dead has drain soul killing units no matter how many wounds they hve(fate can be used as normal), and also if u can use boromirs-banner of the white tower