PDA

View Full Version : ERMAHGERD, THERNWERTCH! (Thornwatch)

OmahaRenegade
03-02-2014, 10:19 AM
If anyone follows Penny Arcade, Gabe announced a few days ago that his RPG "Thornwatch" will be Kickstarted soon:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2014/02/26/thornwatch-update1

Who's got two thumbs and is excited? THIS GUY! :D

SaveModifier
03-03-2014, 04:12 AM
great, an rpg written by a guy who started playing rpgs a few years ago and draws pictures on the internet, thats bound to be a quality release.

Idiots will throw money at it, like they did for the kickstarter for them to take off the adverts from their site or the money to get them to record a free podcast.

Morgrim
03-03-2014, 06:18 AM
With the other people he's got working on it with him I think it should turn out to be a decent game. That said there are a lot of 'decent' card games and only time will tell if it is actually a good one.

OmahaRenegade
03-06-2014, 02:55 PM
great, an rpg written by a guy who started playing rpgs a few years ago and draws pictures on the internet, thats bound to be a quality release.

What's wrong with that?

He has an idea he wants to create and market. He's put time and effort into it and has had others help him test and improve it. And a lot of people think it's cool. Market forces will determine whether it gets funded or if it's a flop.

If you have a better idea for an RPG why don't you create it and work to get it Kickstarted instead of just knocking someone else's idea?

ElectricPaladin
03-06-2014, 03:12 PM
From the description, it reads like it will be less "RPG" and more "boardgame with some tactical and narrative elements," so not really for me. I wish he'd contract out some of the guys behind FATE to write a game about the boy scouts in a D&D world learning how to kill monsters by memorizing rhymes. That would be way awesomer.