PDA

View Full Version : Just started Infinity!

Vangrail
03-03-2014, 07:39 PM
I bought my first infinity box a couple days ago. I built them and played a game. The game is awesome for anyone who has not tried it. I bought the Morat Aggression force. One of my guys has a Feuerbach and the gun does 14 damage, but then I saw ap and da in the profile so naturally i looked them up. AP armor piercing rounds half armor of a figure? Then the double action ammo makes them roll two armor save? Can the shot cause two wounds or what?

Quaade
03-03-2014, 10:50 PM
Yes, if a weapon have two different ammunition types and the types are seperated by a "+" then both rules applies at the same time, so a Feurbach both halves the armour and is capable of making a model lose two wounds.

DarkLink
03-04-2014, 12:04 AM
Just got in my first day of Infinity, and it was awesome. Played four 120pt games, and killed Achilles with a Fusilier the first time I played against him.

Quaade
03-04-2014, 07:45 AM
Just remember that at some point that will happen to your shinies too :p

Psyfer
03-04-2014, 12:58 PM
I think it must be some sort of janky beginner's luck thing... My first game one of my models (Nisse w/ HMG) effectively put the enemy into retreat before my first turn. Every time someone shot at her, she returned fire and out of 4 rolls got four hits, two of which were crits.

It's probably the best streak of luck I've had in 15-odd years of gaming.

More seriously, Infinity is the bomb. Easily the most fun I've had gaming in a long time.

Chronowraith
03-04-2014, 04:35 PM
I think it must be some sort of janky beginner's luck thing... My first game one of my models (Nisse w/ HMG) effectively put the enemy into retreat before my first turn. Every time someone shot at her, she returned fire and out of 4 rolls got four hits, two of which were crits.

It's probably the best streak of luck I've had in 15-odd years of gaming.

More seriously, Infinity is the bomb. Easily the most fun I've had gaming in a long time.

As a note, this shouldn't have happened. AROs limit the burst value to 1 unless you have a special skill (nuerocinetics, which nisse don't have).

I'm happy to say that I finally convinced all four of my frequent gaming buddies to give Infinity a shot. After some initial concerns about Ramboing and the balance of TAGs were put to rest we are gearing up for some training games in the next week.

DarkLink
03-04-2014, 11:24 PM
I actually wasn't particularly lucky playing against Achilles. I won first turn, ran an Auxbot up and flamed his cheap guys he was using to generate orders, but the Auxbot died to an ARO. He moved Achilles up, but was short on orders, so couldn't really get to me. I got LOS with my Nisse HMG, put two wounds on him before he dodged out of LOS. Then he ran up, killed the Nisse, killed my ORC trooper, but had to expose himself to the rest of my army to get to them, and I put a bunch of Fusiliers into him. Didn't take long for him to take his last wound.

Other than that, my Nisse has failed me. First game he ran up into LOS and crit'd her to death, second game she moved up and unloaded into a random bad guy, whiffed, and died to the ARO. My ORC trooper was a boss in all of my games, though.

Mkvenner
03-05-2014, 02:34 AM
So glad to hear other people enjoying the game. There are many crazy moments like that. Stuff that will make you kick and scream, but at the end of the day you'll laugh it off and enjoy the game for what it really is. A tactical skirmish game that rewards attentive and skilled players. The models are kinda cool too. Maybe. (;

Rattlernxt
03-05-2014, 01:58 PM
I have moved almost totally into Infinity from 40k. The game is wonderfully tactical and filled with real Narrative moments. The tournament scene is well thought out and a real joy. This is one of those just amazing games that you should treat yourselves to play.

Vangrail
03-05-2014, 10:48 PM
I personally love both games.They are both great in their own way. 40k is small armies to massive battles kind of game that people need to relax while playing. The 40k gaming community needs to chill out the game is gonna change for the best. I defiantly approve of the direction it is going. Infinity is a great skirmish game its a little easier to play because you do not need a giant table and games are much quicker. Also im thinking about picking up the avatar for infinity is he a good buy?