PDA

View Full Version : new wave 4 pics

spaceman91
03-05-2014, 03:25 AM

The finished models look so much better then the prototypes seen before. Looking forward to this now.

eldargal
03-05-2014, 03:38 AM
Does want.

spaceman91
03-05-2014, 05:26 AM
Everyone on the FFG forums is having fun trying to guess what the new cards say.

Patrick Boyle
03-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Kinda sad Corran Horn won't be an X-wing pilot, but nice to see him all the same.

spaceman91
03-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Kinda sad Corran Horn won't be an X-wing pilot, but nice to see him all the same.

The rage generated by him not being in an x-wing in funny as ....

White Tiger88
03-05-2014, 03:43 PM
I can't wait for the Tie Phantom!!!! (it has gotten me interested in this game as i remember it from the old star wars Pc games!)

Brother Horatio
03-05-2014, 03:48 PM
This just in, I have gotten this from a FFG manager who gave me the information under the condition that he would not be named, this is TOP SECRET guys.

Corran Horn's pilot text:
Mary Sue: Action, spend a focus token to get a better pilot skill than Luke, and your own lightsaber, and you're the best pilot in the galaxy, oh and your lightsaber is super special like it can extend, oh and you get three girlfriends.

/sarcastic criticism of the Xwing novels I read when I was 13.

To tell this joke, I had to reveal that I actually read those. Many self-esteems died to bring us this information...

spaceman91
03-05-2014, 03:57 PM
This just in, I have gotten this from a FFG manager who gave me the information under the condition that he would not be named, this is TOP SECRET guys.

Corran Horn's pilot text:
Mary Sue: Action, spend a focus token to get a better pilot skill than Luke, and your own lightsaber, and you're the best pilot in the galaxy, oh and your lightsaber is super special like it can extend, oh and you get three girlfriends.

/sarcastic criticism of the Xwing novels I read when I was 13.

To tell this joke, I had to reveal that I actually read those. Many self-esteems died to bring us this information...

You feeling ok? °~°

Patrick Boyle
03-05-2014, 04:19 PM
You feeling ok? °~°

He's exaggerating, but not by much. Corran was a little too good at everything; one of the best pilots in the reformed Rogue squadron, gun fighter, police investigator, speeder bike rider, spy(though that apparently applied to everyone in Rogue Squadron. Your best of the best fighter pilots are the guys you send to infiltrate Courscant? :rolleyes: ), so on and so forth, and then got to be a Jedi on top of everything else. Then as though being a Jedi wasn't enough, he happened to have talent in particularly rare areas of Force manipulation. About the only thing he didn't do right was figure out who the spy was across the arc of the first three books until he actually looked it up on an Imperial computer...while breaking out of an impossible to break out of prison.

All that said the books were still a fun read way back then.

spaceman91
03-05-2014, 05:01 PM
He's exaggerating, but not by much. Corran was a little too good at everything; one of the best pilots in the reformed Rogue squadron, gun fighter, police investigator, speeder bike rider, spy(though that apparently applied to everyone in Rogue Squadron. Your best of the best fighter pilots are the guys you send to infiltrate Courscant? :rolleyes: ), so on and so forth, and then got to be a Jedi on top of everything else. Then as though being a Jedi wasn't enough, he happened to have talent in particularly rare areas of Force manipulation. About the only thing he didn't do right was figure out who the spy was across the arc of the first three books until he actually looked it up on an Imperial computer...while breaking out of an impossible to break out of prison.

All that said the books were still a fun read way back then.

Just started reading the books. Friend put me on to them plus I really like wedge. Does sound like the books paint him in the fan boy style.

Patrick Boyle
03-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Ah, well, apologies for spoiling a bit then, but in my defense they are 20 years old at this point. I'm glad I at least didn't drop any hints to the spy's identity in my comment on that one, even if I vaguely spoiled everything else...

spaceman91
03-06-2014, 01:26 AM
Ah, well, apologies for spoiling a bit then, but in my defense they are 20 years old at this point. I'm glad I at least didn't drop any hints to the spy's identity in my comment on that one, even if I vaguely spoiled everything else...
You didn't spoil anything. Its fine. By the time I get to the parts your talking about I would have slept and thing don't tend to hang around in my brain much when I do that.

eldargal
03-06-2014, 05:22 AM
As much as I enjoyed reading the novels on many levels they were really terrible.:rolleyes:

60-second swordsman
03-06-2014, 07:30 AM
Terrible? I haven't read them but I'd expect they'd be literary masterpieces, like all tie-in fiction.

Psychosplodge
03-06-2014, 07:31 AM
Stop ruining my favourite star wars novels :mad:

AND Corran Horn is so totally a X-Wing pilot ffs...

eldargal
03-06-2014, 07:42 AM
The novels weren't terrible, just some elements of them. Women, ridiculously fanwanky characters a few other things I've forgotten...

Psychosplodge
03-06-2014, 07:54 AM
I can get onboard the Horn is OP thing though, but they're mostly written from his POV(or Wedge "greatest active fighter pilot in the galaxy" Antilles), if it was a game he'd be the player character.

Patrick Boyle
03-06-2014, 08:47 AM
I can get onboard the Horn is OP thing though, but they're mostly written from his POV(or Wedge "greatest active fighter pilot in the galaxy" Antilles), if it was a game he'd be the player character.

To be fair though, Wedge at least is pretty much established in the films to be a total badass. He's the only pilot shown on screen to live through all three movies, without the benefit of the plot armor conferred by being a main character or the Force. He's just that good.

As for the Corran in an E-wing thing, I think Rogue Squadron switches to them at some point? I never got that far in the EU but I seem to recall that coming up in Star Wars encyclopedia or vehicle guide I had or something like that.

Psychosplodge
03-06-2014, 08:50 AM
No Rogue Squadron remains an X-Wing unit. Unless its in the comics?

Nabterayl
03-06-2014, 10:23 AM
They've flown things other than X-wings, both before and after they were a squadron, though they keep returning to X-wings as they get updated from time to time. They definitely have flown E-wings, so it's not totally weird for Horn to be flying one.

Psychosplodge
03-06-2014, 10:28 AM
No its not against the realms of possibility.
I can't think of where it happens in any of the books between the han solo trilogy and the legacy of the force arc...

Nabterayl
03-06-2014, 12:51 PM
The Crimson Empire arc from Dark Horse Comics, according to Wookiepedia.

EDIT: Though I'm pretty sure they put Corran in an E-wing mostly to get around the fact that most of the famous Rebel pilots are X-wing jockeys. Same thing they did with Ibtisam. Did she fly B-wings? Yes. Was she "a B-wing pilot?" No.

Psychosplodge
03-07-2014, 02:37 AM
Ah as I thought, not the books.
And you're right, they probably flew anything and everything at times.

spaceman91
03-30-2014, 01:50 AM
Some close ups of the wave 4 stuff

- - - Updated - - -

And the big ships