PDA

View Full Version : Super Dungeon Explore will be on Kickstarter soon

odinsgrandson
03-07-2014, 09:50 AM
Soda Pop Miniatures seems to be parting ways with their publisher (Cool Mini) and they'll be starting it up sometime this month with a Kickstarter to launch a new stand alone expansion to Super Dungeon Explore.

It's called the Forgotten King, and the minis look pretty sweet. And the updates to the rules is going to include a cooperative mode.

Anyone else have thoughts?

St. Zondo XXIII
03-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Isn't their last kickstarter, Relic Knights, almost a year past their expected release date?

GrauGeist
03-07-2014, 05:40 PM
@Zondo - Relic Knights was kickstarted by Cool Mini or Not, not Soda Pop Miniatures.

Super Dungeon Explore is being kickstarted by SPM themselves, rather than going through CMoN.

Relic Knights will be more than a year past their original target date. That is looking slightly later than Ogre was, also more than a year past it's original target date. However, RK should complete delivery of all KS stretch goals at that time. Ogre still has a litany of stretch goals unfulfilled, such as promised music, Car Wars launch, expansion, computer game, etc. and it is highly questionable whether Steve Jackson Games will ever make good on all of the promises they made during the Ogre KS. I'm looking to receive all of my RK stuff this summer. *knock on wood*

GrauGeist
03-07-2014, 05:45 PM
@ogs - I'm looking forward to the Forgotten King expansion / alternate starter for Super Dungeon Explore. SDE is one of my favorite games, and SPM looks like they're making this a really great set.

Here's a summary:
http://sodapopminiatures.com/press-releases/SDE-ForgottenKing-PR.pdf

odinsgrandson
03-10-2014, 09:06 AM
@Zondo - Relic Knights was kickstarted by Cool Mini or Not, not Soda Pop Miniatures.

Super Dungeon Explore is being kickstarted by SPM themselves, rather than going through CMoN.

Relic Knights will be more than a year past their original target date. That is looking slightly later than Ogre was, also more than a year past it's original target date. However, RK should complete delivery of all KS stretch goals at that time. Ogre still has a litany of stretch goals unfulfilled, such as promised music, Car Wars launch, expansion, computer game, etc. and it is highly questionable whether Steve Jackson Games will ever make good on all of the promises they made during the Ogre KS. I'm looking to receive all of my RK stuff this summer. *knock on wood*

As I understand it, Coolmini is in charge of Relic Knights' fulfillment as well (since it was their kickstarter). Of course, having long overdue kickstarters hasn't even slowed CMON down (it seems like they have one every other month most of the time).

Sodapop have promised to keep an eye on the scope of this kickstarter, so that the things that went wrong won't happen again. I would expect promises more similar to what we saw in Wrath of Kings (where there were stretch goals that added more minis to the bundle, but most of them were not new sculpts).

GrauGeist
03-14-2014, 03:48 PM
Soda Pop released a picture of the Forgotten King boxed set:

https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10006185_10152322890914459_756686015_n.jpg

GrauGeist
03-14-2014, 03:48 PM
Plus the $100 KS standard pledge:
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/1948077_10152322890934459_345708127_n.png

It's pretty awesome!

lattd
03-24-2014, 04:10 AM
Its up and running https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1257458293/super-dungeon-explore-forgotten-king?ref=users

2 free hero's as well as pets and some tokens unlocked already, well over funding goal. They have said they have limited goals, so if they do go over target they are unlikely to add more new things and will probably just add more minions squirrells etc.

odinsgrandson
03-25-2014, 07:50 AM
And who can't use more squirrels?

lattd
04-08-2014, 07:53 AM
Thought I would bump this again 8 days to go, 8 heroes and 4 mini bosses, and one boss. Over 80 models and 3 of those mini bosses can be used as dark heroes. If the next stretch goal is met you get even more free models ! plus who doesn't want a chciken with an eye patch and rabid squirrels?

Big news EU shipping will be from the UK!!!! As well as this once the $645k goal is met any new unlocks are FREE!

odinsgrandson
04-09-2014, 07:31 AM
Wow. I've been following this one, and it has just started soaring up. It might be that EU shipping has been worked out.

Like most Kickstarteres, the $100 pledge is a crazy good deal. I'm all in, myself. I want everything Super Dungeon.

lattd
04-15-2014, 01:28 AM
So guys this is into it's last 48 hours with 17k to the next stretch goal, the base pledge is £5/$5 to most places and comes with a huge amount of items!

odinsgrandson
04-16-2014, 07:59 AM
Yeah, I'm excited about it. I just have to wait a while for all of those pretty minis to show up. It started shooting up really fast after their shipping announcements.

It's closing later today, so all aboard who're coming aboard.