PDA

View Full Version : 1500 IG vs. Space Wolves

SlavesToDarkness
12-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Hello All -

Got a game coming up fast! He'll probably have drop-pods. If I take the inquisitor, I HAVE to take the psy-cannon (only model I have). Here's a quick rundown - help is appreciated!

HQ - CCS w/ Plasma Pistol, 3 x Plasmagun, Vox-Caster
Chimera w/ Multilaser, Heavy Flamer
(165)

HQ - Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord w/Psycannon, Psychic Hood, 3 x Warrior w/ Meltagun, Sage, 2 x Mystic
(232)

Troops - Veterans w/ 3x Meltagun
(155)

Troops - Platoon Command w/ 3 x Flamer, Vox-Caster
Squad 1 w/ Power Weapon
Squad 2 w/ Power Weapon
Squad 3 w/ Power Weapon, Comissar w/ Power Weapon, vox-caster
(blob)
Squad 4 w/ Autocannon
Heavy Weapons Squad w/ 3 x Autocannon
(485)

Fast Attack - Banewolf w/ Heavy Flamer
(130)

Heavy Support - Leman Russ Executioner w/ Plasma Cannons, Heavy Flamer
(230)

It leaves 103pts left over. No idea what to do with it - help!

Unholy_Martyr
12-30-2009, 10:50 PM
I think you're going to run into a few problems with the current set up you have going for you.

1) Your Infantry Blob is just a little large. A single Thunderwolf unit slams into in and I guarantee you that your blob would be wiped off the board in a single turn.

2) Your Leman Russ needs to stay still to make use of its full potential and well...that's just not a good plan with Wolves...They'll chew up your static units like nobodies buisiness.

3) You look a little confused with what you want to do. If you're concerned about Drop Pods the mix of static with a few fast movers is just going to lead to a painful end.

A few suggestions:

1) Don't bother with a blob to tie the Wolves up, you're much better off mounting up everybody in Chimeras (if you can) and sticking a Heavy Flamer on all of them. i.e. Drop Pods arrive, surround them, hit them with 3-4 Heavy Flamers and spray with various weapons.

2) If you could, go for a Demolisher or a Medusa (drop one of the squads and replace with an aforementioned unit). This way you capitalize on destroying a drop podding unit (as in pie plate centers on drop pod and destroys everyone underneat, even Terminators :-P).

These are my ideas, just a few thoughts.