PDA

View Full Version : 2k mostly mechdar

ashnaile
12-30-2009, 01:31 AM
Im New to eldar, thinking something like this is what i want my 2k points ima get to look like, any comments and such would be great...

Autarch on jetbike with power weapon, mandiblaster and fusion gun 130

Farseer on jetbike with doom, fortune, runes of warding 175

7x warlocks on jetbikes, 2x singing spear, embolden, 2x enhance 2x destructor. 376

5x firedragons in waveserpent with tl scatter and spirit stones. 205

7x Dire avengers +1x exarch with twin catas + bladestorm, in waveserpent with tl shuricannon and spirit stones. 238

7x Dire avengers +1x exarch with twin catas + bladestorm, in waveserpent with tl shuricannon and spirit stones. 238

7x Dire avengers +1x exarch with twin catas + bladestorm, in waveserpent with tl shuricannon and spirit stones. 228

3x warwalkers with 2x scatter lasers each. (outflanking) 180

Fire Prism 115

Fire Prism 115

davel
12-30-2009, 03:44 AM
you don't need those spears on the council not with the rest of your anti tank. doom is a better option than guide. The guardians plus war walker do need it how ever your council is unlikely to stay with the guardians and war walkers wo't be on the table that long. every thing is high balistic skill or twin linked. Your shooty advengers will love doom.
we don't have many good troop choices. the better leave behind option is rangers/pathfinders. neither is good at defending base objectives.
War walkers in out flank may be better off with shuriken cannon ( un less they end up on other side) though can't say I use them.

dave l

Chexmix282
12-30-2009, 04:48 AM
Jet bike farseer, Runes of witness, guide fortune doom singing spear.
Okay... drop guide if you are outflanking the Warwalkers..

6x warlocks on jetbikes, 1xenhance, 1xembolden, 4x destructor, 6x singing spears.
Drop the spears, they just arent worth the loss of an attack. As your only combat unit i would definitely buff them up to 8 or 10.

5x firedragons in waveserpent with spirit stones & tl scatter laser, tl shuricat

5x firedragons in waveserpent with spirit stones & tl scatter laser, tl shuricat
Solid choices.

8x dire avenger +1x exarch /w twincatas, bladestorm & defend, in
waveserpent /w tl scatter lasers & shuri cannon, spirit stones

8x dire avenger +1x exarch /w twincatas, bladestorm & defend, in
waveserpent /w tl scatter lasers & shuri cannon, spirit stones
I would drop defend for sure. They shouldnt be needing it.

10x guardians /w brightlance platform, + warlock /w embolden

10x guardians /w brightlance platform, + warlock /w embolden

Dont trust a bright Lance to a BS3 model. Give them Shuricannons or Scatter Lasers. You have plenty of Dragons for AV13/14 busting and a Scatter laser is statistically better at busting AV 11 than a Bright Lance.

3x warwalkers /w 2x scatter lasers each
Okay, these guys are good but fragile. Use them wisely and you should be good.

by dropping the Singing Spears + Guide on the Council, Defend on both squads of avengers, and exchanging the Bright Lances for Scatter lasers you have enough points for 2 more Warlocks and another Embolden and Enhance on the Council. For larger games i would add a Jetbike autarch w/ Laser Lance, Mandiblasters, and a Fusion Gun.

EDIT: Here's a list for you.

Farseer
-Fortune, Doom, Spirit Stones, Jetbike
Autarch
-Laser Lance, Mandiblasters, Fusion Gun, Jetbike
8 Warlocks
-2 Enhance, 2 Embolden, Jetbikes

2 x 5 Fire Dragons
2 x Wave Serpent
- TL SL & Stones

2 x 10 Avengers
-Exarch w/ 2 Cats & Bladestorm
2 x Wave Serpent
-TL SL & Stones

2 x 10 Guardians
-Scatter Lasers, Warlock w/ Embolden

3 Warwalkers
-Scatter Lasers

I'm pretty sure this is 2k, i just dont feel like doing math right now. This list has a ridiculous amount of S6 firepower and a tough-as-nails CC unit. I feel that a Bike Council should be in CC most of the time so you really dont need the Destructors. You might consider putting Bright Lances on the avenger's serpents if AV 13/14 becomes a problem.

Nikephoros
12-30-2009, 09:33 AM
Runes of Witnessing is pretty poor. Runes of Warding are fantastic. Guide is fairly useless on a jetseer.

ashnaile
12-30-2009, 01:58 PM
I hadnt thought abpout guide not being so useful, thats true. Also anything to get more warlocks is a good idea :D

I figured for 3 points singing spears couldnt hurt so much? but i guess your right, theyre trading 1 extra "attack" i.e throwing it in shooting for the +1 attack for being cc+pistol hmmm

Why would you put 2x enhance and embolden? i had thought they didnt stack like that?

edit:

heres a revised list.

Farseer on jetbike with doom and fortune, runes of warding and witnessing and spirit stones.

7x warlocks on jetbikes, 3 with singing spears, enhance, embolden and 5x destructor. (singing spears because ive already converted them :( and they look pretty sweet :) )

5x firedragons in spirit stone wave serpent with tl scatter and shuricat
5x firedragons in spirit stone wave serpent with tl scatter and shuricat

8x dire avenger + 1x exarch with twin catas and bladestorm+defend in wave serpent with tl scatter and shuri cannon + spirit stones
8x dire avenger + 1x exarch with twin catas and bladestorm+defend in wave serpent with tl scatter and shuri cannon + spirit stones Defend because i figure theyll probably get charged if anything survives the onslaught, and id rather them have less attacks? just a bit of insurnace for bad rolls?

10x guardians with scatter laser platform, /w embolden warlock
10x guardians with scatter laser platform, /w embolden warlock

3x warwalkers w/e 2x scatter laser each outflanking.,

Chexmix282
01-02-2010, 06:21 AM
you double up on Enhance & Embolden ijust in case wound allocation and bad luck causes you to lose one (or both). a seer council needs Enhance and Embolden to function at maximum efficiency, so i feel that it's a well spent 20 points of insurance.

The Eldar codex never says that a Witchblade is a sword, so spears could be used as Witchblades as long as your unit is exclusively Witchblade equipped. Although 3 Spears really isnt a bad idea, especially with the Autarch's Fusion Gun (if you take him, which i strongly recommend).

and really, drop Runes of Witnessing. they actually increase a Farseer's chance of suffering a Perils of the Warp attack.

I would also consider dropping the Warlock from one guardian squad and dropping the second squad altogether to get a Bright Lance-toting Wave Serpent for the first squad, and you would also want to downgrade their Scatter laser to a Shuriken Cannon because it will see little use and will be better off being cheap.

and do you really need 5 Destructors? I usually just try to get them into CC as quick as possible and 5 Heavy Flamers might kill enough models to deny you the assault. Just food for thought.

Warfare
01-02-2010, 06:43 AM
ALWAYS take runes of witnessing. I don't care what others in this thread say, but losing a wound due to perils of the warp is by far preferable than failing a fortune test (not that rare on 2d6) and having your 400pt unit blown away.

and really, drop Runes of Warding. they actually increase a Farseer's chance of suffering a Perils of the Warp attack.
Runes of warding force your opponent to take psychic tests on 3d6 and choose the highest...

ashnaile
01-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Ive actually changed the list quite a bit, its a lot better now i think anywyays.

Autarch on jetbike with power weapon, mandiblaster and fusion gun 130

Farseer on jetbike with doom, fortune, runes of warding 175

7x warlocks on jetbikes, 2x singing spear, embolden, 2x enhance 2x destructor. 376

5x firedragons in waveserpent with tl scatter and spirit stones. 205

7x Dire avengers +1x exarch with twin catas + bladestorm, in waveserpent with tl shuricannon and spirit stones. 228

3x warwalkers with 2x scatter lasers each. (outflanking) 180

Fire Prism 115

Fire Prism 115