PDA

View Full Version : Space Hulk: future expansion sets?

Hive Lord
12-30-2009, 07:46 AM
Any rumors or official news about expansion sets for this awesome game???

Gotthammer
12-30-2009, 01:02 PM
It would really depend on if the rumours that hulk will return as a permanet addition to the inventory are true or not. If it stays out of print, I don't think they will release anything. If they do bring it back in a non-limited form, I'd say they probably would.

Either way I'm still (slowly) making my own campaign :)

Herald of Nurgle
12-31-2009, 02:42 AM
Rumour has it that Deathwing is next Mystery Box release.

Cyberscape7
01-04-2010, 06:13 AM
Apparently the sales were so good that GW is thinking of re-releasing it for good.
Please note this information was supplied by a friend. I have no actual proof.

energongoodie
01-04-2010, 10:35 AM
I was going through some old White Dwarves and I found the issue with all the rules for using imperial guard, Eldar, Chaos marines, Chaos Terminators. They are not really compatable with the new spacehulk as things stand. I'm gonna take a really good look and try and work out a good way to adapt them. I really like the idea of my elysians exploring a Hulk.

Gotthammer
01-04-2010, 10:57 AM
I don't see how they're not compatible, 3rd ed is basically the same as 1st ed + Deathwing and a few minor changes like guard and (which is a variation of the Harlequin's Defensive Stance) the Broodlord and the Librarian's powers.

They're not very good though, rather clunky and too many modifiers for my liking though, so I'd like to see another take on them.

david5th
01-13-2010, 01:06 PM
I was told by a GW store manager that thelLimited release was it. Even with the immense sales they do not believe they can sustain it long term it and don not want it to go the way of GorkaMorka etc and i qoute him - " die a slow and ignoble death ".

I perosnally would lovw to see expansions etc but i do not thinks its going to happen.

Matt
02-28-2010, 08:17 AM
I can tell you that there will be NO further releases in support of this game. It will not be released again. It was used as a financial 'shot in the arm' to GW which is exactly what they got. The only thing that may be done is an occasional scenario or download from GW but that will be it. Gotten this from several managers & staff members.

odinsgrandson
03-03-2010, 10:54 AM
I was going through some old White Dwarves and I found the issue with all the rules for using imperial guard, Eldar, Chaos marines, Chaos Terminators. They are not really compatable with the new spacehulk as things stand. I'm gonna take a really good look and try and work out a good way to adapt them. I really like the idea of my elysians exploring a Hulk.

Oooh. I really want to find articles like that. What issue was it? How can I get a copy of it? Is that stuff contained in the Space Hulk Compendium?

I'd also like to find a copy of the rules from Genestealer. I mean, I don't need new expansions if I can get a hold of the old ones.

I can tell you that there will be NO further releases in support of this game. It will not be released again. It was used as a financial 'shot in the arm' to GW which is exactly what they got. The only thing that may be done is an occasional scenario or download from GW but that will be it. Gotten this from several managers & staff members.

That is definitely the official position- no more Space Hulk.

I think it is possible for them to change their minds, though. It has happened in the past.

However, since Lord of the Rings, they've pretty much stopped supporting third games altogether, and are unlikely to bring Space Hulk back up.

Gotthammer
03-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Oooh. I really want to find articles like that. What issue was it? How can I get a copy of it? Is that stuff contained in the Space Hulk Compendium?

http://spacehulk.barsoom.cc/mirrors/shc/

I'd also like to find a copy of the rules from Genestealer. I mean, I don't need new expansions if I can get a hold of the old ones.

The Genestealer rules are terrible - they massively slow the game down and add what is essentially a mini-game for the psychic phase. The only good thing about it was the big corridor board sections.

Commander Dante
03-16-2010, 12:36 PM
http://spacehulk.barsoom.cc/mirrors/shc/

The Genestealer rules are terrible - they massively slow the game down and add what is essentially a mini-game for the psychic phase. The only good thing about it was the big corridor board sections.

Actually, once you get a hang of them, the Genestealer psyker rules aren't half bad. Indeed, since the Marine Librarians get the Aegis hood, it is good to handicap them to 3rd or 2nd level psykers (unless you have just one squad of Grey Knights, all level 4).