PDA

View Full Version : Space Wolves: Erik Morkai Great Company Ideas

Erik Morkai
12-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to make a 2000 pt Space Wolf list to represent a strike force led by Erik Morkai. His fluff in the Space Wolf codex reads:

"If the other Wolf Lords still knew fear, they would fear Erik Morkai. Named after the Deathwolf long before he took the sign of the two-headed beast, Erik has always been grim and stern of aspect. His company boasts a great many Wolf Scouts, fellow veterans who appreciate their master's taciturn demeanour and no-nonsense approach. Erik usually solves the problems that come his way with swift and bloody acts of violence- he was elected because of his terrifyingly effective methods rather than his personality. His more stable twin, Irnist the Wise, left Erik's side to serve as Rune Priest to the Great Wolf; an act for which Erik has never truly forgiven him."

So if anyone has suggestions on how to represent this fluff on the tabletop, either with a Wolf Lord set-up to represent Erik or ideas on what types of units to include in the list, it would be much appreciated.

Unholy_Martyr
12-30-2009, 11:26 PM
I was thinking of this guy as well, my biggest thought would be to have a Wolf Lord with Saga of the Hunter (Until the FAQ is out, you're going to have to have a clear understanding with your opponent as to how he works out), and place him with some Wolf Scouts, in addition, run all of the Elite Slots as Scouts. Additionally, I wouldn't use a Rune Priest in his force almost as a sign of his disdain towards his brother's choice. Outside of that, I would just go for intense rush/assault units and just crush your opponent in your jaws.

Bard of Twilight
12-31-2009, 04:39 AM
I agree . Consider many Pods and Speeders; no Heavy armour;plenty grey hunters; some Fenrisian Wolves; perhaps a Lone Wolf would match the army's background.:-)

jdog2018
07-26-2011, 03:09 PM
yeah i agree lots of hunters and many fenrisian wolves and a few wolf guard without term. armour and many scouts.