PDA

View Full Version : Just announced Eisenhorn!

Chanderzz
03-19-2014, 04:39 AM
http://www.talkwargaming.com/2014/03/news-eisenhorn-xenos-mobile-game.html

Saw this, this morning. Another start up company making a 40k game... mobile too. Don't know how I feel about this.

Apologise if this has been posted before.

-Chanderzz

Psychosplodge
03-19-2014, 04:53 AM
NO NO NO.

Eisornhorn/an inquisitor game is crying out for something using the fallout engine/game mechanics

Not some mobile platform shovelware.

This makes me overwhelmingly angry/sad

Wolfshade
03-19-2014, 04:56 AM
That would be so cool.

There you go splodgy your task is to create a fallout mod for eisenhorn...

Psychosplodge
03-19-2014, 05:01 AM
You mean an inquisitor mod for fallout?

Chanderzz
03-19-2014, 05:22 AM
For my money an Eisenhorn game would be amazing as one of the Telltale point and clicks. I mean each books is kinda like a big investigation after-all, but yeah with some better action sequences!

GW really need to look at who they are giving licenses to, to make their games. So much wasted potential :(

Psychosplodge
03-19-2014, 05:25 AM
Possibly, but do we really just want a remake of the books?

Chanderzz
03-19-2014, 05:37 AM
I guess you're right, I mean I love the Walking Dead comics, but don't like the TV series as it takes too many liberties and it annoys me when they change things... which would undoubtedly happen if they just remake the books. However the Walking Dead games are a spin off and this sits better with me as a Walking Dead fan, I'm wondering if they could create shorter new stories set throughout his illustrious career, this might be a nice middle ground?

Obviously Abnett would have to be on-board to write them or it would be no dice!

Psychosplodge
03-19-2014, 05:42 AM
Possibly.
I can agree with that sentiment. As Someone that's a nightmare for reading the book then criticising the film/series I would definitely find something wrong.
I just don't think mobile platforms are the appropriate place to make the best use of the material.

Chanderzz
03-19-2014, 05:59 AM
On this we totally agree, GW's fluff is rich and deep, 5-10 minute blasts on a game during your bus ride to work or whatever is never going to do that justice. I want an epic game where the fine threads of story unravel and I can absorb the tone and background stories.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
03-19-2014, 06:07 AM
I agree, Eisenhorn is crying out for a 3d universe, an actual decent gaming engine.