PDA

View Full Version : Any Rumours re Hydra release?

imperialsavant
01-02-2010, 05:49 PM
I just wondered if anyone might have heard if the Hydra will be included in the next wave of IG vehicles release?:rolleyes:

gwensdad
01-02-2010, 06:10 PM
No idea, but it looks like per the drawings in the book that the Hydra and Manticore could be done as 1 kit so we could expect them to be announced about the same time.

Stormlord Aeirling
01-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Rumors say there will either be a sprue for a hydra upgrade included in the new chimera kit, or there will be a separate artillery upgrade kit sold that you can use to upgrade a chimera to a hydra.

More rumors can be found here. http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=182031.0

Bigred
01-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Lartest word (old) is that each of the tank "families" will get a combo-plastic kit over several IG release waves.

We have the Demolisher combo kit, and the Hellhound so far. The Chimera and the Basilisk-arty-combo kit are coming this March.

A hydra-manticore kit was said to be in the works for a future wave. The real question is will the Deathstrike ever get a kit? Even Forgeworld doesn't offer one.

ggg
01-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Chatting to a GW staffer and he informed me that the official word was that there was "a commitment for all vehicles and units in the Imperial Guard Codex being produced / supported eventually". This commitment was not said to be extended to the tyranid codex but specifically applied to the Guard Codex. The process was however, expected to be spread over years, rather than months.

It seems that this could be a rather drawn out process!

Lord Azaghul
01-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Chatting to a GW staffer and he informed me that the official word was that there was "a commitment for all vehicles and units in the Imperial Guard Codex being produced / supported eventually". This commitment was not said to be extended to the tyranid codex but specifically applied to the Guard Codex. The process was however, expected to be spread over years, rather than months.

It seems that this could be a rather drawn out process!

From a marketing perspective it makes sense. If you overload the purchasable options people will only buy a few things, and some products won't sell as welll. If you drop a new toy every six months, you can keep the 'somethin new' factor AND you can keep the high price.

Melissia
01-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Also makes sense from a design perspective, lets you focus on each release individually and do the best you can for them, rather than doing them all at once.

imperialsavant
01-29-2010, 09:07 PM
:rolleyes: Ahhh! Cant wait any longer! Just ordered the FW one & also a Mk 1V Grey Knights Dred with Psycannon & Blade arm. Tremble Chaos Scum!!!! :p

RocketRollRebel
01-30-2010, 10:24 AM
I thought about waiting for it but I said screw it and built my own which turned out to be a lot of fun. I copied the ones by "CrazyredPretorian" from the BoLS article and I'm pretty happy with how they came out. That said I'd love to see the Manticore kit tho. Dont want to buy FW and any other ideas I've had would just look too wimpy for that S10 badass. (ie:valk missiles, whirlwind ect ect.)