PDA

View Full Version : Shooting tactica

El_Davo
01-02-2010, 08:47 PM
hey do you think shooting is a good tactic in wotr?

i dont think shooting is worth it unless you have longbows or cross bows.

S4 shooting is awesome and a 36" range is also very nice. but having a 24 or 18 shooting range is not all that worth it i think.
one trick that got used on me was my oppenent had captins in all his close combat formations, he the called heroic moves with all his captians. he was now in my deployment zones right next to my archers.

so the question is... is shooting worth taking in mass? or like the other games, were its only used to balence out your lists?

moviemonkeyinc
01-03-2010, 02:17 AM
i have seen a shooting armies and i can tell you this that relying on only shooting will lose you the game. i play mordor and all i have to do is call wings of terror first and i have first turn charges with my mordor orcs. you will get maybe one good turn with shooting and then you will die. i recommend taking a balance of shooting, magic, and infantry/cavalry.

Cryl
01-03-2010, 05:46 AM
Relying on only one aspect of the army will lose you the game, doesn't matter if it's shooting or whatever else. Shooty armies can work but you need counter charge units or blocks of infantry to go with them. 24" shooting isn't all that bad really but you're right longbows are amazing if you can get them for a sensible points cost.

I play a quite shooty Gondor list but it's cemented with a couple of large blocks of WoMT and KoMt to protect the archers / bolt throwers / trebuchets etc.