PDA

View Full Version : Mordor 2000pts

moviemonkeyinc
01-03-2010, 02:33 AM
ok here is my 2000pts for my mordor army. let me know what you think.

Epic Hero
Gothmog
The Betrayer
Khamul
The Knight of Umbar

Common
(9 companies) Mordor Orcs
-banner
(9 companies) Mordor Orcs w/ shields
-banner
(6 companies) Morannon Orcs w/ shields
-captain, banner
(6 companies) Morannon Orcs w/ shields
-captain, banner
(6 companies) Warg Riders w/ shields
-captain, banner

Rare
(1 company) Morgul Stalkers Warband

Legendary
(1 company) castellans of Dol Goldur
(1) Shelob

Khamul will go in the unit with the orcs with no shields so i can bounce back all the attacks back into my opponent. Gothmog and The Betrayer will for into the Mordor orcs with shields as my main block. Morannon Ocs have no characters. The Knight of Umbar is in the Warg unit taking the fight value or strength of a hero within 12". Castellans are just beasts by them selves. both shelob and the morgul stalkers will ambush. SOOOOO let me know what you think. I am actually going to write a 1500pt list for a tournament in Feb.

LEGION
01-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Holy crap that is a lot of models. 304 just from the company count. I might worry about enemy hero monsters but this looks pretty solid. Another factor might be table space. 3x3 units are very big. You might actually have trouble maneuvering if there is any terrain on the table. Also they won't be able to sit in defenses like woods or ruins.

Cryl
01-14-2010, 03:02 AM
I'd agree with LEGION about hero monsters. I've seen what a single Isengard Troll Captain can do to a formation of WoMT and it'll do similarly terrible things to morannon orcs. Duel followed by a regular fight can easily take out a couple of companies of troops. A couple of trolls of your own wouldn't hurt imo although the castellans have the potential to hurt trolls quite badly if enough survive the initial attacks.

Also I'm deeply unconvinced by Khamul. A decent duel and he's out of the game leaving you with little benefit from the unit, if your opponent has decent shooting then they can take out plenty of models before you're close enough to bounce hits onto anything that they control. As always YMMV though.

Weirdly your Mordor Orcs are actually safer with no hero in them but that's just an annoying oddity in the game that I personally don't like. It just doesn't seem right that my unit is safer with no captain than with one...

moviemonkeyinc
01-16-2010, 01:25 AM
what are you guys talking about Khamul is a beast even in a duel. yea he might loose but he can still bounce those attacks in a duel. the tables that i play on are 4x6 so there is plenty of room. i've played this before and its actually pretty crazy. Hero monsters are alittle tough but i can usually out last the hero or magic it to death. i will be doing a tournament in Feb and i will be working my list down to 1500pts. i'll post it soon.

Oz56
02-11-2010, 06:39 PM
thats a pretty solid list

thats basically my list but i have morgul knight allies and 4 companies of uruk hai allies. I dont have catellians or stalkers