PDA

View Full Version : 1750 Dread List

Magos
08-02-2009, 11:54 PM
This is a serious dreadnaught list I am putting together for a tournament. I could really use some pointers on what really is effective on this list. Though I would really like to not buy anymore models atm. (Need some small car repairs...)

HQ

Master of the Forge w Conversion Beamer

Elite
Ironclad w Meltagun, Heavy Flamer, Ironclad Launchers, Dropod
Ironclad w Meltagun, Heavy Flamer, Ironclad Launchers, Dropod
Dread with Missile, Lascannon

Troops
Tac Squad, 10 man, power weapon, plasmagun, cannon, rhino
Tac Squad, 10 man, power weapon, plasmagun, cannon, rhino

Heavy
3xDreads with Assault Cannons (Most people dont think of this, but these things are frightening....)

I think this is around 100 points short ATM. I also have available another tactical squad, a scout squad, all of the Marine HQ choices, 20 Assault Marines, and a Rhino. So what do people think would be best added. I was thinking power fists for the tac squads, but beyond that...

Chumbalaya
08-03-2009, 06:23 AM
You'll need another Pod so both Ironclads drop turn 1. I'd probably take 3 Ironclads in Pods and put the Tacs in Pods so they all drop turn 1. The Heavy Dreads should either dual TLAC (nailing transports). Leftover points can go to Speeders (DS with MM/HF, kills infantry and tanks alike) and a big Scout unit with snipers and camo to sit on an objective with the MotF.

Inquisitor Lord Haestus
08-04-2009, 04:19 AM
Personally I would break down your tactical squads to 5 man and take an additional one and a rhino, or add some scouts with the rhino. That is my opinion.