PDA

View Full Version : Tau City

sirwittyname
04-04-2014, 09:00 PM
8132]8131
These are some home-made "proper-scale" Tau buildings! My father made them because he thought it would make a very different kind of table to play one, and I think he was right! We've played a bit on them already, and they definitely threw a wrench into the normal 40k formula. There were some hiccups as we figured out some rules to handle them, but all around they make for fun games.

These are essentially what the towers are made up of. A trash can, cups, bowls, and pipes. Some other things too, but those made up the majority of it.

On the other hand, the apartment buildings were mostly made of wood.

These buildings were really meant to be played on, and they were built with that in mind. The windows are large enough to fit a model through, and the floors are spaced far enough apart to fit a fist in, giving plenty of room for model placement. The roofs were purposefully kept flat so that we could place vehicles and other models up there, as well as other buildings! Buildings-on-buildings might sound silly, but it helps to breakup the otherwise boring roof scene. We also made sure that the parapets were wide, so that you could place models on them. This makes it much easier when running around with jump troops, and simplifies the placement of models when doing inter-rooftop charges.

monkiman
04-06-2014, 11:41 PM
Fantastic stuff! Hats off to your father. Now how to do an Eldar version...

-Tom-
04-08-2014, 09:56 AM

I'm working on it... I've got a load of laser cut parts to start putting together to make a huge tower, but I need to finish moving house before I can get on with building it :D

Loving this Tau landscape. It's good to see buildings that really get to the sort of size a building ought to be at that scale! :)

sirwittyname
04-08-2014, 07:58 PM

Thanks! We have our sights set on some other stuff for now, but we'll definitely consider it in the future. He's made an Eldar building before, but we traded that to our local game store.

tau4eva
04-10-2014, 10:17 AM
Everything looks great. I would love to play on a table like that!

PaD
04-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Very very cool. Second the request for an Eldar version! LOL