PDA

View Full Version : Space Wolves 1500pts

Duke Rich
01-03-2010, 06:16 PM
I know people are probably fed up with all the SW lists being put up here, but meh, I decided I'm gonna put mine under fire anyway. I've gone from playing Necrons to this so my upgrades/weapon choices might be a bit odd seeming as I'm only used to +Disruption Fields.
Here we go:

Ulrik: 180
Wolf Lord: Frost Axe+ Storm Shield: 155

10 GH: 2 Flamers, Powerfist, Drop Pod, Wolf Standard: 210
10 GH: 2 Meltas, Power Weapon, Wolf Standard: 185
9 BC: Flamer, Power Fist, Rhino: 195

5 Scouts: Meltabombs on all, Power Weapon: 115
Lone Wolf: Term. Armour, TH+SS: 85
5 Wolf Guard: Wolf Claws, TH+SS, H.Flamer+Power Fist, Drop Pod: 260

5 LF: 2 'hit'ile launchers (as opposed to them 'miss'ing), 2 H.Bolters: 105pts

Ulrik goes with the Blood Claws and uses his +1 WS on the LoneWolf
Wolf Lord goes with Wolf Guard

Only been able to play 1 game with this army, was against Daemons, off which I killed all of them :) Although in the end the match was a draw due to kill points, if my Lone Wolf got killed It would've been a victory, but that's the first draw-back I think of in this army, after that it's probably the drop pods.

Any advice/help is thanked in advance :)

bigrob281
01-03-2010, 06:56 PM
if you kill everything they bring you win period.

Duke Rich
01-03-2010, 07:09 PM
I never thought of that....thanks :)

Duke
01-03-2010, 07:45 PM
I would put a chainfist on the lone wolf... Much better in all aspects. (except looks)

duke

Erik Morkai
01-03-2010, 08:00 PM
I would put a chainfist on the lone wolf... Much better in all aspects. (except looks)

duke

I'd say that the Thunder Hammer is better at fighting monsterous creatures, due to its ability to make them strike last after being wounded by the hammer. However, the Chainfist is clearly superior at popping vehicles. If your opponents use lots of walkers and vehicles, then the chainfist may be a better tactical choice. So really it comes down to what you intend to use your Lone Wolf to fight. Personally, I think fighting the biggest monster he can find is definitely more suited to his fluff.

Had the joy of watching my lone wolf take full firepower from 2 Baneblades and a Leman Russ the other day before finally being killed by a lascannon Havoc Squad. I've found him to be different and enjoyable to play with. Have fun with him. :)

Chumbalaya
01-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Ulrik sucks, too pricey to make BCs into WG (just get WG).

Wolf Lords should be on Thunderwolf Mounts, otherwise just field Rune Priests.

BCs in general suck, especially in Rhinos.

Powerfists on GH are a waste, they only have 1 attack.

Scouts are not Lone Wolves, TWolf Iron Priests, WG or Dreads, therefore they should not be. You have much better ways of popping armor than hoping they're silly enough to leave vehicles static by the board edges.

Fangs should do MLs all day, every day, get more if possible.

Podding in general is not the best plan, you can get hosed if your opponent goes into reserve since your entire army is short ranged and slow. All your ranged power comes from 2 MLs, that isn't so hot.

If you want to Pod, bring Logan and make WG Troops since they can fit in lots of melta/flamers, cyclones, and can hit hard in combat.

Also, if you wipe out your opponent you always win.

Denzark
01-04-2010, 02:00 AM
haha can't type

Duke Rich
01-04-2010, 04:42 AM
Powerfists on GH are a waste, they only have 1 attack.

I always thought a carging GH unit had 3 attacks, 1 basic +1 charging and +1 for 2 hand weapons. Or, if they get charged have 2 attacks because of the Counter-Attack special rule.

Chumbalaya
01-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Powerfists don't get the extra attack for 2 ccw any more.

Duke Rich
01-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Ulrik sucks, too pricey to make BCs into WG (just get WG).

Wolf Lords should be on Thunderwolf Mounts, otherwise just field Rune Priests.

Scouts are not Lone Wolves, TWolf Iron Priests, WG or Dreads, therefore they should not be. You have much better ways of popping armor than hoping they're silly enough to leave vehicles static by the board edges.

Ulrik isn't too expensive really, 180? Where as Nigel the painful drizzle is 245 (270 with Runic Terminator armour).

If I took my Wolf Lord on a thunderwolf mount, it would probably then be best to take some thunderwolf cavalry or a wolf pack, and pretty much changing most of my army list which I personally don't want to do at this point. I'm trying different things but I don't think 1 game is experience enough for an army list.

I'm probably going to take away the meltabombs from the scouts.

Chumbalaya
01-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Ulrik doesn't offer anything you can't get cheaper elsewhere. Buffing 1 model's WS while he himself is pretty terribad in combat just isn't useful, not that Wolf Priests were good to begin with. If you want combat troops, take WG, they get Land Raiders, multiple PF and WS4, everything BCs need to not suck.

Njal is definitely worth his points. Cancel every power on a 3+, dish out 2 of the awesome SW powers, BS5 for shooting, and his storm powers make him easily the best character SW have access to. His price tag does require you to put him in an army that can make best use of it (foot typically).

A Wolf Lord with Wolf Claw, Storm Shield, Thunderwolf, Saga of the Warrior Born and Wolf Tooth Necklace is a killing machine and a pain to kill. Run him behind your transports and pounce on anything you want dead. Infinitely superior to Podding him in and hoping your enemy stays within 12" so they can be assaulted.

unsafercat
01-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Nigel the painful drizzle

that is epic win.

On the subject of space wolves, i'd put one flamer and one melta on each unit, keep the firepower spread out so if you lose the melta unit early you arn't completely boned vs land raiders, other than that it's pretty decent, as long as ulrik passes as many saves as he did last time

Duke Rich
01-06-2010, 01:35 AM
I looked back and remembered, I had Ulrik with the WG 'cos of him making them fearless.

And I might just do that Chris.