PDA

View Full Version : 2 valks 2 land raiders gk list

bigrob281
01-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Hey everyone i came up with this list and i was trying to get some feed back . take in to account my gaming group allows IA rules . so let me know what you think

HQ
grey knight grandmaster
w/psycannon,halocaust 4 gk terminators

Elites
termiator squad
brother captain 3xgk terminators
(i was thinking maybe TH/SS don't know)

Troops

10xInquisitorial stormtroopers 2x meltaguns
w/veteran combi melta, homing beacon
dedicated transport valkyrie w/heavy bolter sponsons

10xInquisitorial stormtroopers 2x meltaguns
w/veteran combi melta, homing beacon
dedicated transport valkyrie w/heavy bolter sponsons

8xPAGK homing beacon

8xPAGK homing beacon

Heavy support

gk land raider

gk land raider redeemer

ok so basicly gk's in land raider strormtroopers in valks termies deep strike using one of many homing beacons. i think it could do alright have not tried it yet what to get some opinions first so let me have it thanks for the help :eek::D 2000 points didn't mention the list point value

bigrob281
01-04-2010, 11:28 AM
i bet if it was a space wolf list i'd get lots of feedback

Lerra
01-04-2010, 11:35 AM
I'd run plasma in the stormtrooper squads over melta. The storm troopers should stay in the valk unless the valk gets blown up, and in that case you'll probably want plasma for the number of shots and range.

bigrob281
01-04-2010, 02:04 PM
that is do able same point cost but i play ork and guard alot so insta-killing nobs and mega nobs and making short work of armor is important

SlavesToDarkness
01-04-2010, 03:44 PM
I was under the impression Valkyries do not have fire points.

Take meltaguns for the anti-armor capability. No imperial guard army fields Veterans + Plasma in Valkyries.

Lord Azaghul
01-04-2010, 04:13 PM
I was under the impression Valkyries do not have fire points.

Take meltaguns for the anti-armor capability. No imperial guard army fields Veterans + Plasma in Valkyries.

You are correct sir! No fire points on valks or vedettas - access points only.

bigrob281
01-04-2010, 04:14 PM
thats what i was thinking melta or flamers but i really like melta

Duke
01-04-2010, 04:52 PM
I like the TH/SS termies... Can you bring Marines and Gk's in the same list? I thought it was one or the other...

Anyhow I woudl comment more if this was a Space Wolves list. lol

Duke

bigrob281
01-04-2010, 06:30 PM
you can give gk termies TH/SS to replace NFW storm bolter .they have cool TH but the old crappy SS

Cruor Vault
01-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Not only are Valks not a transport option for Inquisitorial Storm troopers, they do not appear to be on the list of units available in the allies section of the codex.

bigrob281
01-05-2010, 01:54 PM
if you use imperial armour rules you can . inquisitors and stormtroopers can its in the update for IA2( i believe it was IA2 ) you can find it on the forge world site .

Cruor Vault
01-06-2010, 01:00 PM
if you use imperial armour rules you can . inquisitors and stormtroopers can its in the update for IA2( i believe it was IA2 ) you can find it on the forge world site .

While that might be fine for your local game store, many tournaments will not allow the use of Forgeworld rules. Just FYI.

bigrob281
01-06-2010, 01:47 PM
i realize that but i think it is a cool list and i don't really play to many tornaments and if i do i don't play my DH