PDA

View Full Version : Valve

Dominion
04-09-2014, 08:48 PM
Don't get huffy, but I think people have got tired at moaning about Valve, which I find quite sad. I just need to vent my annoyance at how its been 3 years since they released an original game, Portal 2 namely (DOTA 2 & Global Offensive were not Valve's idea & developed independently respectfully)

Apparently they're making a Source 2 Engine but the fact this came from a leak & not announced is quite sad. In this 3 year period all that has been announced was the Steam Box, which will hopefully do a bit better than OUYA... But I still have no intention of buying it, I feel Valve isn't even trying to please its consumers, I know this sounds all self righteous, I know this is all pointless, & I know people moan about Valve constantly, but I just needed to get this off my chest.

Wolfshade
04-10-2014, 01:53 AM
OUYA?

Valve is Steam, I am very happy with steam. Though to be fair I've not seen any anti-valve sentiment.

Psychosplodge
04-10-2014, 02:50 AM
Only people moaning about valve are those desperately wanting half life 3.
Valve could never release another game, but as long as they keep running steam as they do now I'll be quite happy with them.

White Tiger88
04-10-2014, 03:39 AM
Only people moaning about valve are those desperately wanting half life 3.
Valve could never release another game, but as long as they keep running steam as they do now I'll be quite happy with them.

Pretty much this, i love steam........ Hate DOTA mind you.....

Psychosplodge
04-10-2014, 06:56 AM
http://i58.tinypic.com/6rk1lz.gif

Wolfshade
04-10-2014, 07:05 AM
The updates do annoy me...

Dominion
04-17-2014, 05:31 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love Valve, I'm just annoyed at how much of a lack of communication for the game fanbase for the last couple of years.

Wolfshade
04-17-2014, 05:35 AM
I think as fans of anything we always want more information, like Fallout 4 or HL3 or the next codex being released. Enough is never enough!

Chronowraith
04-17-2014, 01:55 PM
Not that there is anything wrong with TF2, but I'd love to see an upgraded version. I don't think we'll see it happen anytime soon though.

While I have minor quibbles with Valve about functionality of steam and how it could be streamlined to load faster or be made alittle more customizable... I'm happy that they exist. I love that whenever I choose to swap computers out or do a complete reinstall (either recovery or just to refresh) that I don't have to go searching throughout my basement for CD/DVDs and all those damn codes.

With the exception of TF2 I really never cared for many of Valve's games. Portal and Portal 2 were an interesting distraction but really nothing more. Half Life I loved the setting and atmosphere but I always found the gameplay and writing a little lacking for my preferences.