PDA

View Full Version : New Nids, 2k list led by Swarm Lord

The Custodian
01-04-2010, 11:58 PM
Alright heres my list

Swarm Lord-460
+3 Tyrant Gaurd

Pricey yes, but the darn thing is nuts... Mainly there to counter any deathstars thrown at me (Thunder cav, nob bikers)

Alpha Warrior-105
-Pair of Bonswords
-Adrenalin Glands
-Scything Talons

5 Warriors-205
5 Rending Claws
Toxin Sacs
4 Deathspitters
Barbed Strangler
Can pump out allot of firepower, added with the alpha warrior boost they can lay down a ton of fire before heading into CC with the enemy and with the Toxin sacs and rending claw combo its rather nice.

20 Termagaunts-XXX

20 Termagaunts-xxx

Tervigon-180
Scything Talons
Catylist
Well, not much to say about him walks around and poops out gaunts... <ay also tag with the warriors or swarmlord to give them FNP

12 Genestealers-214
Broodlord
Outflank and hammer something hard... Yeah...

3 Hive Gaurd- XXX
My transport poppers

3 Zoans-220
Drop Spore
My land raider poppers and anything im slightly worried about...

1 Venom Thrope- XXX
This guy will stick behind with my home objective grabbeds to give them the buffs, HOpefully hell hide out of sight so as not to get shot to bits

Trygon-210
Adrenal Glands
Pop up and cause havoc... What is there to say.

Total is 1999 pts

Well yeah thats my list... Sadly until I can see the english version my knowledge is very limited...

*XXX I put this here in order to mask pt costs that would be more than easy to find by simple division. The others are disguised by biomorphs and what not so it wont be as easy...

gcsmith
01-05-2010, 03:06 AM
By looking at it, it would seem quite a nice 'all comers' list, but i can see a weakness. If you look at my list and tips from MVBrandt. Your army needs a Whole objective not just this for that purpose. While within that purpose you have things that can deal with things. Id drop the venom thrope. It really isnt needed and heck even 5-8 spore mines are better if you want some thing for objectives. Simply because he gets killed and if your a smart tyranid player you put ur objectives near cover. You dnt really need him with FnP and gaunt poopers. Also id get rid of the zoans for a Trygon. They really havnt got the mobility to do anything other than 1 shot wander then blow upl. While Trygons can do serious damage to a tank and then shred the troops that leave. Id also swap the genes for another warrior squad, and in fact u can drop the venom for a pod for the alpha squad.

Just my $0.02

Chumbalaya
01-05-2010, 08:36 AM
Swarmlord is crazy, but he'll never see combat since he's walking. A normal Tyrant with venom cannon does the same thing (buff reserves, synapse) but also gets firepower at range for much cheaper.

Get another Tervigon, 2 is always better than one.

Warrior unit looks neat, but they could use a Pod so they'll come in turn 2 on a 3+ and force your opponent to deal with them.

Venomthropes are meh, 1 is too easy to kill, grab another Pod full of Zoeys.

Sneezypanda
01-11-2010, 04:55 PM
The Venomthrope would be more useful if it were moving with the swarm of gaunts instead of sitting on the objective.