PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky Little Elves!

Inquisitor Malaclypse
01-05-2010, 12:04 AM
i have some of the models on this list, but it's mainly more to collect down the road. it's supposed to be a mix of Biel-Tann and Saim-Hann as i figured the jet bikes are good objective grabbers and the Pathfinders are good 'anchor' units to stick at home base.

HQ
Autarch
-jet bike
-mandi-blasters
-power weapon
-reaper launcher

HQ
Autarch
-jet bike
-mandi-blasters
-power weapon
-reaper launcher

ELITES
Striking Scorpions x8
-exarch
-biting blade
-shadow strike

Wave Serpent
-spirit stones
-EML

ELITES
Striking Scorpions x8
-exarch
-biting blade
-shadow strike

Wave Serpent
-spirit stones
-EML

TROOPS
Pathinders x8

TROOPS
Pathinders x8

TROOPS
Jet Bikes x9
-Shuri Cannons x3

TROOPS
Jet Bikes x9
-Shuri Cannons x3

HEAVY SUPPORT
War Walkers x2
-BL
-Shuri Cannon
-spirit stones

HEAVY SUPPORT
War Walkers x2
-BL
-Shuri Cannon
-spirit stones

obviously, the Autarchs join the bike squadrons and lend their abilities to make the Scorps and the War Walkers come in as necessary.

i'm not sure if can use Reaper Launchers on the Autarchs' bikes, but i don't see why it's not possible.

i wanted to have Warlocks on bikes, but the points didn't work out.

i also wanted to include two Wraithlords with BL + Wraith Sword to support the Pathfinders but again the points didn't work out.

i think i'm lacking on a heavy punching units and i could have gone with Fire Prism tanks, but i wanted to see if an army that has a lot of Outflanking units has potential.

C&C welcome of course!

themonad
01-05-2010, 01:52 AM
I like it. The double autarch is neat, giving you an optional +2 to your reserve / outflank rolls. Pretty nice, and its an optional +2/+1/0 so you can make sure they are coming in practically whenever you need them, just dont roll 1s heh heh.

Autarch on Jetbike becomes relentless, so unless im mistaken you can pop off that reaper launcher like no tomorrow so good idea!

However, I doubt the spirit stones on your war walkers are 100% necessary. Since they are squadroned up, they basically have in built spirit stones per the vehicle squadron rules, again unless I'm mistaken. So those points could be used for more walkers, or where ever you see fit.

Fun list man, and keep us updated on some play tests.

Chumbalaya
01-05-2010, 08:29 AM
Autarchs are rather pants, for the points you can get an infinitely superior Farseer.

You have nothing to hurt AV14 barring a few lucky lances, Fire Dragons (2 units at least) are a necessity in any Eldar army.

Scorpions can't assault out of their ride and don't have fleet, don't bother.

Jetbikes could use a Warlock, you've already invested enough in there.

War Walkers are very fragile and only BS3. With Guide they can work, but it's a lot of points you can better spend on Falcons or Prisms.

Chexmix282
01-05-2010, 03:10 PM
HQ
2 x Autarch
-jet bike
-mandi-blasters
-power weapon
-reaper launcher

These guys need Laser Lances, not Power weapons. I would also exchange the reaper launchers for fusion Guns, as 25 pts for a 2 shot gun isnt really worth it IMO.You also need some better anti-AV14. Maybe consider exchanging one Autarch for a Bike/Fortune/Doomseer. He would buff your bikes a lot.

ELITES
2 x Striking Scorpions x8
-exarch
-biting blade
-shadow strike

I would replace the Biting Blades with Fists, and fill out the squads to 10.

2 x Wave Serpent
-spirit stones
-EML

TL Scatter Lasers are better at busting Rhinos, just FYI. I would consider giving them Bright Lances, as your list will struggle against AV 13- 14.

TROOPS
Pathinders x8

TROOPS
Pathinders x8

Okay, pathfinders are decent.They are also the first thing i would take models from to upgrade your other units, however.I would almost consider dropping one unit entirely.

TROOPS
Jet Bikes x9
-Shuri Cannons x3

TROOPS
Jet Bikes x9
-Shuri Cannons x3

These guys need Warlocks w/ Embolden. Really badly.Other than that they are good.

HEAVY SUPPORT
2 x War Walkers x2
-BL
-Shuri Cannon
-spirit stones

5th Edition has made Spirit Stones on Vehicle Squadrons useless.I would definitly not give them Bright Lances. Go all S-Cannons to save points (maybe enough for 2 Bike Warlocks).I would really much rather see a pair of Fire Prisms here, but its up to you.

Inquisitor Malaclypse
01-05-2010, 09:18 PM
thanks themonad and Chexmix282, this is what i came up with after consideration from Heresy and BoLS Lounge:

HQ
Autarch
-jet bike
-mandi-blasters
-power weapon
-fusion gun

HQ
Autarch
-jet bike
-mandi-blasters
-power weapon
-fusion gun

ELITES
Striking Scorpions x9
-exarch
-scorpion's claw
-shadow strike

Wave Serpent
-spirit stones
-TL BL

ELITES
Striking Scorpions x9
-exarch
-scorpion's claw
-shadow strike

Wave Serpent
-spirit stones
-TL BL

TROOPS
Pathinders x8

TROOPS
Pathinders x8

TROOPS
Jet Bikes x8
-Shuri Cannons x2
Warlock
-embolden
-singing spear

TROOPS
Jet Bikes x8
-Shuri Cannons x2
Warlock
-embolden
-singing spear

HEAVY SUPPORT
War Walkers x3
-scatter lasers
-scatter lasers

comes out to 1994. i know i've been told to use a Farseer on a bike, and i still may, but i'm holding out (not refusing to; there is a difference) because the point of this army is to utilise Outflanking units in tandem with the Autarchs' ability to modify reserves roll.

i'm still leery of the fusion gun since it's so short range, but then again, so are the Shuri Cats. I added the Spear to the Warlocks for that extra armor punch, and expanded my Scorps to 9 troopers.

i read the rules for Laser Lances and i simply don't like them. for their points and what they do i'd rather stick with the Reaper Launchers. the PW and mandi-blasters are there for situations when I have to choose to assault or be assaulted.

the question is, is this a step in the right direction?

Chexmix282
01-06-2010, 02:04 AM
Yes, this is definitely a step ion the right direction.

I would really suggest Laser Lances on the autarchs. Seriously, Power Weapons just suck on them. they shouldnt be entering into a prolonged combat anyway, and with a Laser Lance they will kill 4-5 Marines each.

I would drop 2 Pathfinders from each squad to pay for the Laser Lance upgrades, then i would add a 9th bike w/ cannon to each Jetbike unit. Ideally the Scorpion Units would be 10 strong, but 9 works as well. I would consider dropping both Pathfinder units altogether for 10 Guardians w/ SCannon in a Bright Lance/Spirit Stone Wave Serpent, but thats just because i love Grav-Tanks. If the Pathfinders work for you then thats great.

Inquisitor Malaclypse
01-07-2010, 12:21 AM
sorry to keep dragging this out, but i think this is it. i changed out the PW to Laser Lance on the Autarch like Chexmix suggested: dude, sorry it took me so long to get the point. best advice on the Autarchs ever.

to pull this off i dropped one Pathfinder and one Singing Spear, and i replaced the other Pathfinder squad with a Dire Avenger/Serpent unit, for a total of 3 BL's in the list.

and i do get the point on the Pathfinders, and tend to agree, but i'm purposely putting together a theme based on sneaking around with infiltrate and outflank.

sorry to brag, but damn, i like this list.

HQ
Autarch
-jet bike
-mandi-blasters
-lase lance
-fusion gun

HQ
Autarch
-jet bike
-mandi-blasters
-lase lance
-fusion gun

ELITES
Striking Scorpions x9
-exarch
-scorpion's claw
-shadow strike

Wave Serpent
-spirit stones
-TL BL

ELITES
Striking Scorpions x9
-exarch
-scorpion's claw
-shadow strike

Wave Serpent
-spirit stones
-TL BL

TROOPS
Pathinders x7

TROOPS
Dire Avengerx x5

Wave Serpent
-spirit stones
-TL BL

TROOPS
Jet Bikes x8
-Shuri Cannons x2
Warlock
-embolden
-singing spear
<249>

TROOPS
Jet Bikes x8
-Shuri Cannons x2
Warlock
-embolden
<246>

HEAVY SUPPORT
War Walkers x3
-scatter lasers
-scatter lasers

davel
01-07-2010, 02:15 AM
Ok if your army is planning an out flank stratergy you ( if I am remembering what the names of scorp skills are correctly) planning to out flank with scorpions.
you may be able to save some points as they will be able to shoot side/ rear armour.
bright lances get no advantages shooting from the side with the lance rule (unless land raider or monilith)
with spare points I would either.
upgade serpent to have cannon as well ( for times when there are no tanks). though your list seems to be equiped for dealing with hords.
or get the move through cover for the scorps. It's cheap and helps ensure your elite unit does what supposed to do instead of tripping over a hedge and standing in front of potential victims in rapid fire range.

dave l