PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Space Marines

Israel5236
01-05-2010, 12:52 AM
Well I made this list in hope of ardboyz and so far I yet to lose to my friends or brother but what do you all think of this list.

HQ Chaplain with storm bolter
Chapter Master with bolter, power sword and artificer armor

Elites 3 Venerable dreadnoughts two with assault cannons, one with melta all in drop pods

Troops 9 scouts 8 with shotguns
4 full tactical squad with flamers and missile launcher, two in drop pods other two in rhinos

Fast full assault squad with two plasma pistols, the sergeant has a power sword
a squad of 3 land speeders with assault cannons and heavy bolters

Heavy one whirl wind with nothing else

Cryl
01-05-2010, 02:20 AM
I think you're wasting points on what are mediocre assault troops. The chaplain (if he had a jump pack) would make them acceptable just about but it's a lot of points for something that won't get the job done against anything that's really capable of assault. If you want assault troops take terminators, LC or TH/SS (my pref is the later) most likely in a landraider, they will kill things.

Whirlwinds, whilst a nice looking model imo, just aren't very killy. They're not powerful enough to kill anything that really needs to die and the range limitations don't help. Sure they're cheap but there are better things the points can be spent on imo.

My other worry is that you've only got two pods which means you're podding in a lone tactical on turn one. That's not particularly safe for the contents of the pod. I'd rather see the dreads in pods especially with that many, if you can get two of them arriving on one turn you can cause some damage

Dreads are great, venerable dreads are even better and three of them is going to be nasty if used right. The landspeeders are also a personal favourite although I'd tweak the weapons a little.

Personally I'd drop the assault squad, the scouts, the whirlwind and the HQ choices, take myself a LRC with TH/SS termies on board, a more killy HQ (termie librarian with SS or Lysander type model) and probably swap out some of the heavy bolters on the speeders for MM as you're low on tank killing stuff. Consider changing some missile launchers out for Lascannons for that 'reach out and touch someone' killy effect.

As always, my opinion and YMMV, good luck :)

Israel5236
01-05-2010, 02:27 AM
Thanks alot really helped, I forgot to put down that I do have the dreads in drop pods.

Cryl
01-05-2010, 02:32 AM
Now that makes a big difference, those dreads in pods will be amazing

Chumbalaya
01-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Venerable or no, a Podding Dread is dead turn 2. Re-rolls won't save it from enough melta. Go MM/HF, suicide drop, and focus on the rest of your army.

Assault Squads are not good assaulters, Termies are infinitely superior.

I'd go for a Librarian and MotF so you can cancel enemy powers (new bugs in particular), get null zone and have Dreads in Heavy.

For your Elites, Termies in LRCs joined by the Libby. For Heavy, more Dreads.

You also need to bust up tanks, multi-meltas scattered around will help a lot. Look into Typhoons to give you more oomph at range.