PDA

View Full Version : Infinity is getting Dropships and vehicles.

energongoodie
04-14-2014, 02:25 AM
At Salute on Saturday I spoke to the guys at http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/ . They had some really cool Infinity news.
First up they had the prototypes of their new Infinity buildings and they looked great! I really liked it and will be buying it as soon as it is out.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/t1.0-9/q72/s720x720/10250099_656206454416999_4117727966890989636_n.jpg

But the big news is their future plans :D
They are going to be releasing faction specific dropships! The designs are currently being reviewed by Corvus Belli. The chap said they had some dropships, then the official Infinity element came in so they had to be re designed with factions in mind. There are 3 designs currently. He wouldn’t tell me which factions though. So I guessed Pan-O, a Yu-Jing and Aleph. He said I got two right. It’s got to be Pan-O and Yu-Jing as Aleph was a stupid guess. He wouldn’t tell me the third 
He then told me about their upcoming kickstarter. It is for civie vehicles designed for Infinity. I’m quite interested in this. I think vehicles make great looking terrain for Infinity. I had a battle in car park the other day 
I then asked about vehicles in games. He gave me a ‘ I’d like to tell you something awesome but I can’t ’ smile. He said something along the lines of Corvus Belli are looking at ‘moving the game on’. I asked him if that meant the drop ships and vehicles can be used by troops in the game and he smiled and repeated that Corvus Belli are going to be moving the game on. I’m choosing to take this as we are getting transport options to move guys around and it sounds like Antenocitis are gonna be at the forefront of this change. So I don’t have anything concrete but I can tell you the guy at Antenocitis was excited  As am I.

Quaade
04-14-2014, 12:16 PM
Nice looking buildings. As for vehicles, I doubt they will be that and he may have been alluding to something else. In any event, it would be nice to have some cars and such for scatter terrain. I just hope it's all affordable.
Here's looking forward to the kickstarter

Chronowraith
04-14-2014, 03:29 PM
I remember being at... I forget if it was Origins or GenCon... but the Infinity guys then said they wouldn't add vehicles other than motocycles because, at it's heart, Infinity is a skirmish level game and they felt that APCs, Tanks and the like would break that down.

As for Dropships... my guess for the third would be Nomads. Also I wouldn't be too certain of Yu-Jing over Aleph. I think the only factions that are unlikely are the Tohaa and Ariadna. The top two most likely that I would guess would be Pan-O and Nomads with Combined Army, Haqqislam, and Yu Jing in the middle tier.

energongoodie
04-15-2014, 05:39 AM
Either way the next couple of months Infinity wise seem like they are gonna be fun :)
I'm looking forward to buying this terrain and getting some vehicles for terrain or otherwise.

my gaming group is getting into this so it's all coming at the right time for me :) Yay Infinity!

Adra
04-15-2014, 07:03 AM
Saw these at Salute myself. Really pretty stuff. The AW guys make great things for Infinity and they keep getting better. Nice guys to :)

Levitas
04-15-2014, 08:07 AM
Exciting times! I do think transports will come, even if they are small 'land speeder storm' type deals. And I trust Corvus Belli to retain game balance, as it's one of their major strengths.

juicy news, thanks for sharing!

Darkeldar
04-15-2014, 08:29 AM
I remember being at... I forget if it was Origins or GenCon... but the Infinity guys then said they wouldn't add vehicles other than motocycles because, at it's heart, Infinity is a skirmish level game and they felt that APCs, Tanks and the like would break that down.

That would of had to been GenCon, as I'm the Infinity presence at Origins. In fact I have scheduled introductory games this year at Origins. Look me up in the miniatures hall.