PDA

View Full Version : 2500 lizardmen stegadon stampede

Sinistermind
04-14-2014, 08:59 AM
Well the name says it all. Not looking too much for list changing advice just some thoughts on it. Thanks in advance!

Slann mage
Focus(loremaster of high)
D scroll

Skink chief
Egg of Q.
Ancient steg w blowpipes
Stampede

Skink chief
Ancient steg w blowpipes
Stampede

25 saurus
FC

10 skinks skirmishers w javelin shield

17 skink skirmishers w javelin shield

bastilidon w solar engine

stegadon w giant bow
stampede

ancient steg w blowpipes
sharp horns

ancient steg w blowpipes
sharp horns

Chronowraith
04-14-2014, 07:00 PM
With only 25 Saurus to hide the Mage-Priest I'd expect most people to focus their effort there or, if CC oriented, to charge and just melee him to death. Then, without his magic support and leadership boon the list falls apart because, mighty as a stegadon is, they won't break large ranked units and the smaller elite units will eat them alive (Phoenix Guard, Chaos Warriors, etc).

Another problem, if you play scenarios or in tournaments (that usually use scenarios) you will lose Blood and Glory every time. You lose the Saurus unit (and your singular banner) and it's game over.

To alleviate this, I'd drop a stegadon and a unit of skink skirmishers. Grab another unit of Saurus, and then maybe some Salamanders. A second Bastilodon wouldn't be a bad choice either. Same goes for Terradons/Ripperdactyls.

dms505
07-07-2014, 08:41 AM
I think you'll be ok with the single saurus unit. remember you have stubborn stegs. You send out 3 and hold 1 or 2 back to charge units getting close to the Slaan or countercharge them. While it's not ideal in a Glory scenario it's pretty much the same deal if you take a Slann at all due to two banners and a lord in a single unit. Anyone who plays lizards knows that if your Slann unit goes down, the game is already lost.