PDA

View Full Version : The Herd Marches Forth

Old_Paladin
01-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Pics of a bunch of new beastmen models.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228039&page=86
And a thanks and shout out to Waaagh_Gonads at Dakka and Scryre at Warseer for the posts.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the 'brown orcs and goblins' look; everything is in ranks. Where are the mixed herd and the running wild look?

Aldramelech
01-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Goodbye

Lord Azaghul
01-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Did they lose skirmish?? OR was that just for the picture sake?

Aldramelech
01-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Goodbye

Randroid
01-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Slightly easier to digest size:

Full poster ad
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8L7_ydYa4BY/S0Nn9dro_PI/AAAAAAAAAq4/Ey6lpb92Dvw/s320/Beastmen_promo1.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8L7_ydYa4BY/S0Nn9dro_PI/AAAAAAAAAq4/Ey6lpb92Dvw/s1600-h/Beastmen_promo1.jpg

Minotaurs
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8L7_ydYa4BY/S0Nob1ZNJpI/AAAAAAAAArg/0F2C8bj48Kc/s320/Beastmen_promo2.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8L7_ydYa4BY/S0Nob1ZNJpI/AAAAAAAAArg/0F2C8bj48Kc/s1600-h/Beastmen_promo2.jpg

Bestigors
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8L7_ydYa4BY/S0NoWrG7bAI/AAAAAAAAArY/1-K-_HIxNy4/s320/Beastmen_promo3.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8L7_ydYa4BY/S0NoWrG7bAI/AAAAAAAAArY/1-K-_HIxNy4/s1600-h/Beastmen_promo3.jpg

to be continued ...

Randroid
01-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Characters
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8L7_ydYa4BY/S0NoSl-9e1I/AAAAAAAAArQ/JCMz7cZSj9I/s320/Beastmen_promo4a.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8L7_ydYa4BY/S0NoSl-9e1I/AAAAAAAAArQ/JCMz7cZSj9I/s1600-h/Beastmen_promo4a.jpg

Ungors
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8L7_ydYa4BY/S0NoOE7ulYI/AAAAAAAAArI/hUK67caWlvY/s320/Beastmen_promo5.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8L7_ydYa4BY/S0NoOE7ulYI/AAAAAAAAArI/hUK67caWlvY/s1600-h/Beastmen_promo5.jpg

Gors
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8L7_ydYa4BY/S0NoJ6hFRvI/AAAAAAAAArA/js3SB6K71XI/s320/Beastmen_promo6.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8L7_ydYa4BY/S0NoJ6hFRvI/AAAAAAAAArA/js3SB6K71XI/s1600-h/Beastmen_promo6.jpg

Also this picture of the new Razorgor from the same thread:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8L7_ydYa4BY/S0NpyUkY4dI/AAAAAAAAAro/SwNTtycb4RA/s320/Razorgor.JPG

And this bit of new information from the Beasts over at the Herdstone:

Herds have split, both ranked up but ungor get the option to skirmish
Unruly has gone
New rule for "herds"- when in combat take a leadership check.
If passed the unit gets hatred, if you roll insane courage you get hatred and frenzy. Didn't seem to be a downside if you failed.

Bestigor capture standards if they simply win a round of combat, get to add it (and any others they capture) to their combat res.

Minotaurs get frenzy if they win a round of combat, for every round they win they get a cumulative extra attack! Minos can only ever pursue or overrun 1d6 (they can now overrun)

Chariots STILL CORE

Centigor, still special not fast cav. No drunken every turn, instead roll a dice at the beginning of the game. Effects range from +2 I, to -1 movement to something else he couldn't remember.

New unit Harpies

New unit. Some kind of jabberwoky thing. Enemy units in 12" take Ld check, for every number they fail by take a wound no armour. seemed to be 5's across the board. If it takes a wound in combat enemy takes a S5 hit. 275 points.

Think he said about a gorgon thing, mainly 6's.

There was a normal giant, then there was a cyclops giant which was basically a giant with only Ld8, but armed with a stone thrower and every (enemy?) wizard within 24" has to pass a leadership check or not be able to cast spells.

I'm not sure I love the new models but I am still getting pumped up about the new monstrous gribbly things lurking in the woods. We'll see them in the flesh (or plastic and pewter) soon enough.

Lord Azaghul
01-05-2010, 11:27 AM
New unit. Some kind of jabberwoky thing. Enemy units in 12" take Ld check, for every number they fail by take a wound no armour. seemed to be 5's across the board. If it takes a wound in combat enemy takes a S5 hit. 275 points.

This is the kind of thing that I hate seeing in the game: Automatic, mass effects. It seems to be the new thing in all gw new books - and I really hate it. Its like fear/terror part 2. Boo!

It sounds similiar to the skaven vein: they really changed the feel and function of the army

Azaghul heads off the grumble some more about not liking the current 'feel' of the game

Dosadi
01-06-2010, 07:58 AM
While I always reserve final judgment until I have the minis in my hand I have to say I’m not all that impressed by this release.

First, the models I had the highest hopes for were the minotaurs and I’m not sure if it’s just the fleshy paint jobs (I would have painted them more like bulls; dark brown and black) but they look awful. They are not much better than the rat ogres which were made almost four years ago now (perhaps longer?). They have a silly amount of muscle mass on them. I understand they are meant to be “bull-like” but c’mon! Also, why no hooves? They have human like legs not the hindquarter like legs of the Gors as they should have. Whatever those things are for their feet, they are not hooves! The minotaurs get a huge FAIL from me for this simple detail.

The Ungors and Gors just seem to be a re-tooling into separate sprues. There are few minor detail changes that improve the gors in big way. There is a new set of running legs it appears and some new details on their belts and some new weapons, but nothing that makes them vastly different. I see this as good thing as they will blend in well with the current ones. The best thing I can say about the now Ungors is that their standard top is really nice and will look great on one of my Orc units. They seem to have mad ethe heads more human like and I kinda like them.
I wasn’t expecting much new with these so I guess these met my expectations. It’s a sad release when the things that stand out the most are the re-tooled models.

The Bestigors are just bland. They could have done so much with them, but instead just made armoured Gors. The poses are all so similar and they seem to not be significantly bigger than Gors, at least it shouldn’t be an issue getting them to rank up (anyone who has assembled plastic black orcs know of what I speak). They are alright and better than the current metal ones, but nothing stands out as “totally awesome!” to me.

The Razorgor is probably one of the worst models I’ve seen come out of Citadel in a long time. It reminds me of 5th edition in a bad way. I know who designed it and I will save them some embarrassment by not naming them, but why this person is still sculpting models for GW is beyond me (they have been with the company since the beginning is my guess as to the why).

I’m not going to comment on the rumored rules as I can’t really say anything without seeing them in the context of the whole army list. I will say I’m not surprised to see the Herd rule go away.

Dosadi

Randroid
01-06-2010, 11:48 AM
More rumors from the Herdstone:

Got to have a look at the Beastmen book today. I must say that the Minotaurs shown in it look much better than the ones on that poster.

Ungor skirmishers (with bows) look pretty good too.

There's a fair few rare choices, 3 giant things and the spawn. Jabberwocky is in there, with a slightly different name. Stonethrowing cyclops with ghostsight and a Gorgon.

I didn't see any Shaggoths at all. Sorry.

Harpies are in (pretty sure it was the same picture as in in the dark elf book..)

Didn't see dragonogres either.

Jabberwocky thing is a large target. No idea on the base size but probably large monster.

Spells - There was a movement one, something to make mounts attack the riders and one that was something like 16+ to cast and summoned one of the rare choices from a board edge.

Rules - a sort of hatred rule that becomes better with a beastlord. Minotaurs become better if they keep winning the combat they are in.

And ...

Gorgon ( i think it was) looks like a giant minotaur, and eats people

Cygor is a cyclops giant-gor that gets rerolls to hit against undead, daemons (I think) and things with ward saves. Tragically WS2. Stone Thrower.

Jabbersclyth is the jabberwocky thing. Flying, poison, terror, largetarget, 12" tounge attack, strength 5

Doombulls have D3 impact hits, normal minos have 1 each. Each round of combat won gives minos an extra frenzy attack for that combat (lost if combat ends or you lose a round).

Beastlord allows a reroll on the beastial roll when fighting against humans (Empire and Bretonians) which basically means it's likely the unit will get what is effectively eternal hatred. Something to do with insane courage adding in Frenzy to the unit he's with with that in-combat-roll thing

Great Bray Shaman are T5.

The Wild Lore has a spell that summons either a Jabber, Giant, Cygor or Gorgon from a board edge of your choice. Not RIP, but may aswell be from the desription. If the monster takes a wound then the caster takes a T test to see if they take a wound. If the caster dies then the monster disappears.

First spell of the lore was something like all friendlys within 6" get to move D6 towards nearest enemy in sight or forward. Not too sure on that one.

There's another that makes the mounts of a unit attack the riders.

2 chariot types, ungor and gor. Ungor one is core, not sure about the gor one, but is pulled by razorgors from what I was told (didn't see that page)

No gargoyles, but we do get harpies.

Ambush yes. Need to confirm who has it and how it works. Pretty sure it was just gors and ungors for it.

I think the bestial roll is for gors and bestigors.

Sadly I didn't get a thorough look at all the stuff, moslty brief glimpses.

The rare choices all looked to be 200+ points each, giant 205(?) the others 275ish and the spawn at 55 or so.

As for the Bestigor stealing banners, pretty sure it just adds an extra combat res to the unit and doesn't confer special rules. Would need to check though.

Randroid
01-06-2010, 04:59 PM
More from the Herdstone (http://z2.invisionfree.com/herdstone/index.php):

No Daemon Prince at all.

No marks what so ever, as already mentioned.

Wargors are T5, yes that's a wargor - the hero one. (his stats being 553452438)

Doombull - M6, WS6, BSwhocares?, S6, T5, W5, I5, A5, Ld8, Frenzy, Fear, Bloodgreed (+1 Frenzy if win), D3 Impact hits, and unit gets frenzy if the doombull is (starts frenzied) but doesnt use primal fury

Mutations! - +1 init (cheap), 5+ scaly skin (cheap), armour piercing (cheap), model and unit are stubborn (pricey, but oh so worth it)

4 pages of Items

Minotaurs at mid 50's points wise, same stats as before but 1 less initiative. Option for shields and they do cause 1 impact hit with no min. distance.

Harpies can scout for additional points! (woo)

Magic - Lore of the Wild (7 spells!) 0-6 like the old Tzeentch
0- Bestial Surge - 7+ movement spell, doesn't make you charge though, might be faq'd

1- Viletide - 7+ 5d6 S1 24" magic missles

2 - Devolve, 9+, enemy units within 12" take ld, amount failed = # of wounds with no AS

3 - bray-scream, 10+, one character within 12" makes a breath weapon attack at s3 with no AS (I like this one)

4 - Traitor-kin, 10+, all enemy models within 12" riding a mount of any kind suffer number of attacks = mounts attacks w/ same S. same for monsters & handlers and chariots. no AS bonus for mounted or barding, etc. (Hello Hydras! biggrin.gif )

5 - mantle of ghorok, 13+, friendly character within 6", model gains +d6 S and +d6 S (max 10), if 1 or more 6's rolled, model suffers a wound with no saves of any kind (Interesting one, and can be potentially devastating)

6 - Savage dominion, 16+, 'summon' a giant, gorghon or jabberslythe, place at any point on table edge and move as if returning from pursuing an enemy off the table

Cenitgors can be core from the Warhoof guy (mid 100pts) (who looks bloody terrible IMO), has a Unicorn Helmet, hates Welves and MR2.

Wargors are cheaper than current beastlords by 10pts. Beast lords are around 1 MoN (current book price) more expensive, Doombulls are similarly increased in price.

Gors are same price, however the sheild/AHW costs 1 point.

Unors are 1 point more and come with shield, option for spears. Option for cheap SC upgrade.

Ungor raiders are BS3 and armed with Shortbows, 50% more expensive than currently.

All 3 types can ambush, these are the only ones that can, this includes characters.

That Bestial Roll thing I mentioned before is called Primal Fury, though someone may have covered that

There's a pricey killing blow item - (most of yer points) killing blow plus when the character kills a character in a challenge, they become unbreakable and cause terror. This carries onto whatever unit the character was with.

Edit - All yer points item - Their LD is used for your S

We've got that Bonecrusher mace back, this time Stonecrusher, +3S and not a GW. S10 vs Steamtanks, Chariots, Warshrines, Corpse Cart etc.

Nangelder, cause terror and models wounded by this get -1 ld per wound suffered

Hunting spear, spear in cc, single bolt from bolt thrower, may shoot after moving (not marched) and may S&S

Axes of khorgor, two hands, +1A, re-roll missed to hit in cc (Cheaper this time)

Two handed weapon, +d3 attacks and if a 6 is rolled, they ignore armour - rolled at start of combat, until end of phase

Brass cleaver, single bonus attack against each model in btb

Everbleed, every time suffer a wound, on a 6, model suffers another wound with no saves of any kind and keep rolling as long as you keep rolling 6's

Enchanted items -

Shard of the herdstone, place a herstone marker in your deployment zone at beginning, after forces are deployed - all bray-shamans within 6" at start of magic generate 1 extra power dice

Horn of the great hunt (beastlord/wargor), bound level 3, counts a Bestial surge but with a range of 36" - Sweet!

Horn of the first beast (beastlord/wargor), all beastmen within 36" can re-roll failed primal fury

Stone of spite, bound level 5, every arcane item within 18" explodes, causing d6 s4 hits against bearer per item, items are gone. Costs the same as a dispel scroll, one per army.

No more lores.

Gors are LD 7 now.

Can Ambush on turn 1 if lucky.

You need the same unit size and type for a unit to ambush. Then in the remaining moves phases each turn roll a d6

1 - Lose scent, opponent gets to choose table edge

2-3 Roll again next turn

4 - Beasts left side

5 - Beasts right side

6 - Beasts table edge of choice

Drunk is different too

1 roll at start of game

1-2 Sober! +2 Init
3-4 - hangover from hell! re-roll Primal Fury, -1 M
5-6 Drunken Bravado - Stubborn

No LOS needed for jabber- doesn't affect ITP

Giant is as WOC one, no marks

Malagor SC is a flying LV 4 Shaman, gets +1 to cast (cumulative) for each spell if not dispelled for that turn, units within 6" get frenzied from primal fury if rolling a double and passing

No ward save items bar the Talisman!!

Banner of rust is awesome. All units (F or F) count armour 1 worse than it is, units in B2B count it 2 worse. Range 6 inches for -1 sv. hero level items allowance price, doesn't affect scaly saves

Chariots are true core. Cheaper by 5, S4 tuskers but no charge bonus, but potential hatred.

Razor chariots are 65 points more, but mental STW 5's, 1 Razorgor 4A S5, +1 S on charge, 4+Sv