PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Imperial Guard list.

Force21
01-06-2010, 12:25 AM
HQ.

Company Command Squad.
Carapace Armor, Medi-pack, Vox, 2x Plasmaguns.

Chimera.
Multi-laser, Heavy Bolter, Heavy Stubber.

Lord Inquisitor.
Auspex, Emperor's Tarot, Icon of the Just, Targeter, Frag & Krak Grenades, Bolt Pistol, Force Weapon.
Familiar, 2x Mystic, Warrior.

Land Raider.
Twin linked Heavy Bolter, 2x Twin linked Lascannon.

Elite.

5 Ratlings.

5 Storm Troopers.
1 Meltagun.

5 Grey Knight Terminators.
1 Incinerator.

Troops.

Infantry Platoon.

Platoon Command.
Vox, 2 Meltaguns.

Chimera.
Multi-laser, Heavy Bolter.

5 Infantry Squads.
Vox, Grenade Launcher. each.

4 Heavy Weapon Squad.
1 with Mortars.
1 with Autocannon, 2x Heavy Bolters.
2 with Lascannons.

Infantry Platoon.

Platoon Command.
Vox.

2 Infantry Squads.
Vox, Grenades launchers. each.

Fast.

Hellhound.
Heavy Bolter.

Heavy.

2 Leman Russ Battle Tanks.

1 Hydra Flak Tank.

Probably not the greatest list but its a first for now...

helpful opinions will be much much appreciated.

Unholy_Martyr
01-06-2010, 01:45 PM
My friend, your list has somewhat of an identity crisis from the looks of it. Personally, I would start from scratch with this one. So I'll offer you some insight to work with as much as you have already.

1) If you want a shooty command squad everyone else will suffer if you are trying to use orders. You'll have to decide whether you want the Med Pack or the Vox Caster. Personally, I would leave the Med Pack behind.

2) The Inquisitor is good as is, I would just as much leave out the Warrior because I wouldn't think you'd want the Inquisitor in combat.

3) Your Elites section is just a HUGE point sink. If I'm not mistakened, a 5 man Grey Knight Terminator squad is almost 300 points. Add into that your Storm Troopers and you're now at almost 400pts. (They mey be closer to 45pts a peice so it would be about 260-270pts). Now the Ratlings...these guys can be useful so we'll hold onto them for the time being.

4) Your command squad should have flamers, they're far too useful to have them attempting to tank hunt. Use them for orders and holding the rear.

5) Before I go any further, all Chimera Chassis Vehicles should have a hull mounted Heavy Flamer, you'll use it more often and when you get swamped with hordes, they make life liveable.

6) Spread the goodness of the Heavy Weapons sqads. They're too vulnerable out in the open and you can't order them around as well. Distribute the weapons into the squads and then drop a few Vox Casters and combine squads. Then you can Twin-link Autocannons and Lascannons all day as well as have a more effective force.

7) 1 Hellhound just isn't going to cut it mate. You'll need either another one or more Chimera Chassis.

8) Leman Russ's...are they bare with Heavy Bolters or what? Either way...They're alright, Battle Cannon is pretty decent and well rounded since most of the time you'll be facing AV12-13 with a few Land Raiders here and there. Possibly could replace one with a Demolisher, if not both. However, you sacrifice a large amount of range so keep that in mind.

9) With your massive amounts of points left over (in IG terms), if you can afford it or have the models, I would do Veterans in Chimeras kitted out with Meltas or Plasmas to do drive-by's with. Outside of that, try and add a Hydra or one of the many fantastic Ordanance Battery choices you have to pick from.

That's all I have to offer, best of luck.

SlavesToDarkness
01-06-2010, 02:13 PM
I agree with the above. However, I think your inquisitor is waaaaay overloaded. Take 2 x mystics and the Inquisitor should be equipped with either (a) A psychic hood or (b) a psychic hood and a psycannon. Nothing else. The force weapon in particular is a huge point sink (40pts) since he shouldn't even be in combat anyway and he'll lose to just about anyone with or without it.

Force21
01-06-2010, 09:12 PM
I thank you for your help but... quite a bit of the stuff you see on this list is pretty much all I have...

The one thing is that I really don't like is the Heavy Weapons in Squads...

I have a 2nd list for you guys to look at.

HQ.

Company Command Squad.
2x Meltaguns,(I only have 2 models) Vox.

Chimera.
Multi-laser, Heavy Flamer, Heavy Stubber.

Lord Inquisitor.
Auspex, Emperor's Tarot, Icon of the Just, Frag & Krak Grenades, Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon.
Familiar, 2x Mystic

Elite.

5 Ratlings.

5 Storm Troopers.
1 Meltagun.

Assassin. (I have a Vindicare but I may want to use the others tho...)

Troops.

Infantry Platoon.

Platoon Command.
Vox, 3x Flamers.

Chimera.
Multi-laser, Heavy Flamer, Heavy Stubber.

5 Infantry Squads.

4 Heavy Weapon Squad.
1 with Mortars.
1 with Autocannon, 2x Heavy Bolters.
2 with Lascannons.

Infantry Platoon.

Platoon Command.
Vox, Missile Launcher.

5 Infantry Squads.

Infantry Platoon.

Platoon Command.
Vox.

3 Infantry Squads.

Fast.

Hellhound.
Heavy Bolter.

Heavy.

2 Leman Russ Battle Tanks.

1 Hydra Flak Tank.

Ok this is about all the models I have for The Guard...all I have left is like 2 Commissars, 3 more Storm Troopers & Yarrick.

I believe that I am under points by about 100...

Again I thank you for your help. :)

Unholy_Martyr
01-07-2010, 10:37 AM
I like this second list alot more than the previous. The only modification I would make is to replace the Storm Troopers and Hellhound with the Land Raider you had previously. My only motivation here is to provide a little more fire support and a juicy target to bait monstrous creatures in.

Otherwise, I'm a fan.

Force21
01-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Ahh cool thanks.

Yeah but if I just drop the Storm Troopers alone I just may have enough for the Land Raider.

but I am still not sure which assassin to use...