PDA

View Full Version : Bases - new rules

Levitas
04-21-2014, 11:13 AM
The official word on new bases from CB

Hi everyone!

With the new Kum, there is a big renovation of the bases. You have noticed that those new Kum carries a new 55mm base. It means that there is a new base size in our catalogue. Let's see what changes:

-Ghost-Servant miniatures (like Palbots): 25mm Base

-"Human" miniatures (the standard ones): 25mm Base

-Basic Remotes (like Yaokong or Dronbots): 40mm Base

-Special Remotes: Changes to 55mm Base
Yaoxie
Yáopú Pangguling
Every motorbike (Kum, Pentesilea, Aragotos, Asuka Kisaragi)
Traktor Mul
Mulebots
Armbots: Bulleteer
Armbots: Peacemaker
Kameel
Salyut Zonds
Tsyklon Sputnik
Lunokhod Sputnik
Probots
***Obsidon Medchanoid keeps their 40mm base***

-Big "Human" miniatures (like Ayax or Tarik): 40mm Base

-TAG: keeps their 40mm Base:
Geckos
Sphinx

-TAG: Everyone (except the mentioned before) change to 55mm base.

The new 55mm bases will be included in the references that needs that size of base from May on.

Also, with the April news, we'll launch 3 new products:

-Blister with 20 x 25mm Bases 3.50€
-Blister with 5 x 40mm Bases 3.50€
-Blister with 5 x 55mm Bases 3.50€

Related to ITS rules:

During this season it won’t be mandatory to update the bases of the miniatures. We will keep the rules on the ITS documentation: miniatures have to be based with the base provided with the figure or with one of the same size.

It’s important to remember that both 40 mm and 55 mm bases can go through Wide Gate access markers.

Any doubt you have, please, tell us.

Regards!

Chronowraith
04-21-2014, 11:17 AM
Actually glad to see the clarification come out this quick. Personally, I like 55mm bases for TAGS, the larger remotes, and the bikes.

Rattlernxt
04-21-2014, 04:10 PM
This is the first time I have been pissed off at Corvus Belli. Rules changes are one thing (40k gripe) but having to change my model's bases is definitely not what I want to be wasting my time doing.

Chronowraith
04-21-2014, 07:59 PM
If you don't play in ITS then you really don't need to worry about it.

If you play ITS they at least give you until the next season (January 2015) to make it happen. While I understand some people are upset because they use scenic bases the hate surrounding this is rather bizarre to me. If this was WFB or 40k, I'd be upset as I have a whole bunch of 40mm models in my armies. But this is Infinity...

If you don't use molded scenic bases then just snap off the base, make up another, and glue him back down. I have 4 factions and the new base sizes will only affect maybe 10-15% of my collection.

If you have scenic bases then there is a quick and dirty fix to get you legal. Simply trim off the bottom of the 55mm base (that elevates it off the ground) and glue the 40mm on top of the 55mm. Not pretty, but it keeps you legal until the companies like dragonforge catch up and put out bases that will match.

Rattlernxt
04-21-2014, 09:06 PM
I play ITS. I also have 4 armies. I also have 6 resize necessary remotes and 5 TAGs. And they aren't so easy to rebase when you use steel embedded grey stuff to increase the weight to prevent them from falling over as much. You may not care about snapping off your bases but I sure do. I don't put the effort into them to just break ten and redo it. I know CB has something they are trying to achieve here (Quite probably addressing the base extension problem many of their cool remotes have) but it does represent more time and effort into existing models for me. I am not raging here but I am a little ticked off that I have to put more work into already completed models. Yes I am considering blank 55mm and just sinking the existing bases into them. Hopefully someone ingenious (secret weapon miniatures I am looking at you) and makes them.

Levitas
04-22-2014, 11:57 AM
I play ITS. I also have 4 armies. I also have 6 resize necessary remotes and 5 TAGs. And they aren't so easy to rebase when you use steel embedded grey stuff to increase the weight to prevent them from falling over as much. You may not care about snapping off your bases but I sure do. I don't put the effort into them to just break ten and redo it. I know CB has something they are trying to achieve here (Quite probably addressing the base extension problem many of their cool remotes have) but it does represent more time and effort into existing models for me. I am not raging here but I am a little ticked off that I have to put more work into already completed models. Yes I am considering blank 55mm and just sinking the existing bases into them. Hopefully someone ingenious (secret weapon miniatures I am looking at you) and makes them.

I hear you, it is a pain in the *** to have to re-base intricate models. So i'm not going to until they enforce it, and then I can just slip 55mm discs under them to make them ITS legal.

BUT Warsenal (US) and Customeeple (EUR) have already come up with solutions:

Lord Asterion
04-25-2014, 04:04 AM
I've just bought a load of Infinity stuff, interested in starting the game, I got a few big robots, i think they're TAGs?, unbuilt so am I best waiting to get some 55mm based for them? Also 55mm, where can I get 55mm bases??

energongoodie
04-25-2014, 04:30 AM
I'd wait.
Corvus Belli are gonna start selling them so there will be plenty about soon. I am gonna get a couple of the customeeple rings for my existing tags.

Lord Asterion
04-25-2014, 05:58 AM
Cool, thanks

kuffdaddy
07-11-2014, 09:22 AM
i Really like building bases, that said I want to start painting and modeling these minis. I also dont want to kneecap myself and not be able to play a game because I went over board on the bases. What is ITS is that like a pressganger or henchmen?

Chronowraith
07-11-2014, 05:14 PM
ITS = Infinity Tournament System

It is the officially sanctioned and created tournament system for Infinity. If you end up at an Infinity tournament, they will all follow these rules unless it's just a bunch of guys in a shop who don't know any better (and most Infinity players do).

Check out ITS, Infinity Rules, Army Lists, etc at the Infinity website, here (http://www.infinitythegame.com/infinity/en/downloads/).