PDA

View Full Version : Rules for Huge ships in X-Wing

pgarfunkle
04-22-2014, 02:40 AM
For anyone who has not spotted this on the Gameswire page or elsewher on the net FFG have hosted their rules for huge ships (read: Rebel Transport & Blockade Runner, hopefully for now) and for Epic games in anticipation of the ships arriving soon with retailers.

So energy use has finally been confirmed and is pretty much in line with the final expectations that I have read else where. Determined by movement, up to a certain level and with upgrades either increasing energy or using it.

We've also got range modifiers for firing at 4+ now and I do not fancy shooting at TIEs beyond range 3!

I've included the link for ease, take a gander and reply with your thoughts.

I for one cannot wait to get my hands on these ships and include them in some games!

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4775

Straight JaKeT
04-22-2014, 03:26 AM
For 30 points just take 3 naked ones and start smashing it into ships....

pgarfunkle
04-22-2014, 03:32 AM
Lol you could but I don't think they are going to be manoeuvrable to go chasing ships around the board as part of your main strategy. Also going by the main epic rules there seems to be a limit on the number of huge ships that can be used per side. In a 300 pts game you are limited to 5 epic points with a transport being worth 2 pts and a blockade runner 3 pts meaning you could squeeze in 2 huge ships, either 2 transports or 1 of each.

Houghten
04-22-2014, 03:53 AM
So energy use has finally been confirmed and is pretty much in line with the final expectations that I have read else where. Determined by movement,
F8, F9, F10, anyone?

Nabterayl
04-22-2014, 01:57 PM
f8, f9, f10, anyone?
sss!

Nabterayl
04-22-2014, 02:07 PM
Also, am I reading correctly that these ships are still played on a 3'x3' play area? That would be welcome news to me.

Straight JaKeT
04-23-2014, 01:23 AM
There will probably be a rule where you can't add regular modifications. Can you imagine a engine upgrade and/ or expert handling on it? This huge ship barrel rolling thru space......

pgarfunkle
04-23-2014, 02:11 AM
There will probably be a rule where you can't add regular modifications. Can you imagine a engine upgrade and/ or expert handling on it? This huge ship barrel rolling thru space......

Yep the Huge ships can only equip Huge ship modifications.

Also Epic tournaments are played on a 6x3 area but in friendlies you could try 3x3

Houghten
05-01-2014, 12:58 PM
I just noticed something in the Epic rules... you may take no more than eight of the same Small ship type (eg TIE fighters, regardless of who's piloting them) or four of the same Large ship type.

So full, fluffy squadrons of twelve starfighters still aren't going to be a thing, even in Epic.