PDA

View Full Version : Airbrushing Assistance

Keith Bennett
04-24-2014, 09:21 AM
I wasn't really sure where to post this, so since it's in relation to my Cygnar models I guess I'll just put it here.

I'm just starting to get into airbrushing. I got myself a Badger Sotar 20/20 several long months back, and haven't really had the gumption to sit down and use it until now. I was all read up on how to use and clean it, having browsed several forums and articles on beginner airbrushing(several of them being BoLS articles, actually). When I got started, after putting sufficiently thinned paint in the cup and letting my compressor fill up a bit, I went to spray my first line and the paint went shooting out of the color cup, and no paint came from the tip.

After a bit of investigation, it seems that the air isn't just flowing through the tip, but also through the cup. It honestly seems like the air is coming through the cup, and something is redirecting it, so that it flows mostly through the cup instead of the tip. Does this mean my psi is too high? Is there a loose gasket? I've tried disassembling the airbrush and reassembling it, making sure all of the joints are tight, but it didn't seem to make a difference. I'm out of ideas, and have to turn to you guys.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time!