PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar Talos Pain Engine loadout?

Lost Vyper
04-27-2014, 02:34 AM
Hi,

Just got the model and i was wondering, what seems to be the best/most used loadout?

I´m thinking about going with tl Heat Lance + Ichor Injector...

- Lost Vyper

Lost Vyper
04-27-2014, 08:16 AM
Done! :)..trying it out tomorrow against Astra Militarum...

Anggul
04-27-2014, 10:44 AM
TL liquifier is always a good call due to the very high chance of melting nearly any infantry, although chain-flails make it much more reliable in combat. As for the tail weapon the best option is usually to stick with the TL splinter cannon. You already have dark lances, blasters, haywire grenades and punching things for anti-vehicle, the cannon lets it put a fair number of wounds on things and hopefully get pain tokens.

Ben_S
04-28-2014, 06:01 AM
I magnetised mine, so I have the choice of most options.

While the rules aren't crystal clear, I don't think you can take both the ichor injector and chain flails - I guess the way you've assembled it you can still use it with either though.

Dave Mcturk
04-28-2014, 08:33 AM
leave it home on the shelf ? makes a wraithlord look good!

Lost Vyper
04-30-2014, 01:43 AM
Yep, you cant take those at the same time :(...i was so amped (and in a hurry) that i thought you can do it cos it was a different arm...well, it did ok in a game that i lost to the new Astra Militarum (Purge the Alien really isn´t a game for DE!), it killed Coteaz and few IG troops, also in that combat the awesomeness of Harlequins was shown while being absent a while, they are a murderous hurricane! Two bad, they failed their morale in the end (by the slimmest margin...one)...i´ll use it as either Chainfails and not the Ichor or Ichor and a CC, our FLGC aint that picky :)

Dave Mcturk
04-30-2014, 06:04 AM
someone using quins ! good for you. i've converted all mine to DE wyches... run a squad of 15 with a fearless character - much more effective than quins [and cheaper] and they can all take haywire - 'bye-bye' vehicles - paradoxically the armies they hate to fight are DE and TAU - all that ignores cover / ST 5 / Poison / Night Vision --- just toast.

Lost Vyper
05-02-2014, 01:39 AM
Thats not a bad idea...Fearless + Wyches seems awesome, except the run through the table...yep, Haywire´s work. I give Wyches ALWAYS Haywire plus the Trueborn in a Venom get them too...Maybe Karandras + Wyches = Outflank...muster the fire for a turn and BAM! Right in the kisser! :)

Archon Charybdis
05-02-2014, 10:36 AM
The Ichor Injector really isn't that great to begin with, especially in the era of Smash. The Chain Flails give a lot more reliability and are universally useful. As for the ranged weapon, I'd either stick with the splinter cannon or the stinger pod.