PDA

View Full Version : 1750 SM Mechanized

Forteller
01-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Ello Guys,

Got a 1750 point tournie on saturday and i figured some additions to my current list 'd be fun,my line of thinking was always,focus on one power of your list,and keep strengthening it till it ll steamroll everything else.
So here goes :)

HQ

1 Master of the Forge with Conversion Beamer on a bike=155 Points

1 Master of the Forge with Conversion Beamer and a multi melta servitor=165 Points

Troops

2 x Tacticals with one multi melta,one rocket launcher and 2 flamers=340 Points

Elites

10 Sternguard,2 plasma guns,3 combi melta=285 Points

Heavy Support

1 Land Raider Reedemer with multi melta=250 Points

2 x Vindicators=230 Points

Dedicated Transport

1 Drop Pod (Throws down the Sternguards)=35 Points

2 x Razorback with Lasscannon and Twin-linked Plasma gun=150 Points

Fast Attack

2 Land Speeders with MUlti Melta and Heavy Flamer each=140 Points

Well thats it and thanks for your time in advance :)

Unholy_Martyr
01-07-2010, 02:28 PM
So I'm not sure if I fully grasp what your "strength" is but to me this list seems, well for lack of a better term...misguided.

1) Master of Forge on a bike: Do you intend on getting this bad boy into close combat? If you are, I hope you seriously reconsider it. Master of the Forge is phenomenal as a static unit in that he can lay down some nice firepower as well as give a unit a 3+ cover save (2+ cover save for scouts with cloaks). I would take one, and if you're going to throw in a servitor, I would invest in some range, being 12" away with a one shot weapon and a BS 3 is not a good combination.

2) Land Raider Redeemer: An empty Land Raider is a wasted Land Raider. Seriously, make some use out of it. Terminators, Tacticals, do something with it..

3) Sternguard: 285 points that are destined to die in the first turn...I would not take such a gamble. If I were you, I'd invest in some more troops and something that can actually survive in combat.

4) Land Speeders: People swear by them...I don't. However, this is your list and the way it is set up right now, they could make a difference. Keep'em.

5) Razorbacks: I would keep these as well, gives your combat squads some good mobility.

6) Vindicators: I like, keep'em.

Overall considerations:

1) Your tacticals would be more effective, especially if you're running them in Razorbacks, to go Missile Launcher, Flamer, with a Power Sword on the Sgt. Combat Squad up, hold back the Missle Launchers with the Master and let the pain fly (can't hurt if you have a missile launcher with 3+ cover save :-)).

2) Save yourself some points, run the Master on foot with Tacticals with just the Conversion Beam.

3) Drop the Sternguard, and replace them with Ironclad Dreadnoughts. Preferably 2.

4) Take a squad of Assault Terminators with the Land Raider and take the fight to the enemy. If that's not an option, take advantage of the Master of the Forge's ability for you to take Dreadnoughts as Heavy's and Elite's.

By no means am I telling you that you have to make these changes, I just think that they could help you out in the long run. Hope I helped out or gave you some fresh prospective. As always, good luck.

Forteller
01-07-2010, 02:32 PM
So I'm not sure if I fully grasp what your "strength" is but to me this list seems, well for lack of a better term...misguided.

1) Master of Forge on a bike: Do you intend on getting this bad boy into close combat? If you are, I hope you seriously reconsider it. Master of the Forge is phenomenal as a static unit in that he can lay down some nice firepower as well as give a unit a 3+ cover save (2+ cover save for scouts with cloaks). I would take one, and if you're going to throw in a servitor, I would invest in some range, being 12" away with a one shot weapon and a BS 3 is not a good combination.

2) Land Raider Redeemer: An empty Land Raider is a wasted Land Raider. Seriously, make some use out of it. Terminators, Tacticals, do something with it..

3) Sternguard: 285 points that are destined to die in the first turn...I would not take such a gamble. If I were you, I'd invest in some more troops and something that can actually survive in combat.

4) Land Speeders: People swear by them...I don't. However, this is your list and the way it is set up right now, they could make a difference. Keep'em.

5) Razorbacks: I would keep these as well, gives your combat squads some good mobility.

6) Vindicators: I like, keep'em.

Overall considerations:

1) Your tacticals would be more effective, especially if you're running them in Razorbacks, to go Missile Launcher, Flamer, with a Power Sword on the Sgt. Combat Squad up, hold back the Missle Launchers with the Master and let the pain fly (can't hurt if you have a missile launcher with 3+ cover save :-)).

2) Save yourself some points, run the Master on foot with Tacticals with just the Conversion Beam.

3) Drop the Sternguard, and replace them with Ironclad Dreadnoughts. Preferably 2.

4) Take a squad of Assault Terminators with the Land Raider and take the fight to the enemy. If that's not an option, take advantage of the Master of the Forge's ability for you to take Dreadnoughts as Heavy's and Elite's.

By no means am I telling you that you have to make these changes, I just think that they could help you out in the long run. Hope I helped out or gave you some fresh prospective. As always, good luck.

Well the idea is,the drop pod falls in the space between the opponent's heavy support tanks,split half the sternguard to combi melta one tank,and the other half to combi melta the other tank,gives a round 1 KO for two of the op's AV vehicles,supported by 2 conversion beams and vindicators for the rest,you blow a hole in the opponent and you use the momentum to carry you over to the later rounds...

Thanks for the thought anyhow,appreciate it :)

Unholy_Martyr
01-07-2010, 02:48 PM
I assumed this was the case. My main concern is that you could possibly not get those Combi-Meltas off and be out of range for the Demolisher Cannons, leaving you with 2 Missile Launchers, 2 Lascannons, and 2 Conversion Beams. For an Alpha Strike, its capable but then you're risking an intense counter attack. But you have more experience with the list and if it plays to your strengths, then go for it.

Chumbalaya
01-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Your opponent can always reserve and leave your Sternies high and dry, that's why I always bring a Librarian w/ gate along just in case.

For everything else, Unholy Martyr covered it fairly well.