PDA

View Full Version : 1850 pt SM/GK Knight Campaign List

Schultzhoffen
01-08-2010, 01:45 AM
Hi

I've always wanted to have Grey knights in my army and I've decided on the following list. I'm not fussed by an optimal list as this is for a Campaign (v Chaos and the new Tyrannids) not for Tournament use.

Also, I find it hilarious that people hate Ultramarines. For this exact reason I've decided to build a new UM army.

HQ

Sicarius
Librarian:Epistolary - Avenger, Gate of Infinity.

TROOPs

Tac Squad: x10 - Sgt: c/flamer, Melta bombs, Teleporter Homer, flamer, ml -rhino (I'd Combat this squad if need be).
Tac Squad: x10 - Sgt: pw, Melta bombs, Teleporter Homer, mg,mm - rhino (Tank Hunters)
Grey Knights: x8 - Justicar: Teleporter Homer, Melta bombs, Incinerator, Psycannon - (I'd put Sicarius and the Librarian here) -Hopefully some GofInfinity can give these guys some much needed mobility.

ELITES

Grey Knight Terminators: Br Captain: Psycannon, melta bombs
x5 Terminators: x1 Incinerator, x1 Psycannon

Dreadnought: Assault Cannon, Missile Launcher

FAST ATTACK

x2 Attack Bikes: Multi Meltas

HEAVY SUPPORT

Predator: Twin Las, Heavy Bolters
Predator: Auto Cannon, Lascannons

I like having the Predators each capable of some anti tank and infantry.

I designed a list around the models I have and as I have another Marine army (as well as Death Guard) I usually play and I'm not going to buy anything else for this one. However, I do have some scouts, Telion, x6 Terminators, x10 Assault Marines, Calgar, Cassius and a x4 ML Devastator Squad available for this army. I'd love to have a Whirlwind or Vindicator but that ain't going to happen.

Any comments would be valued.

Unholy_Martyr
01-08-2010, 09:37 AM
The only mentionable point in this list is your Dreadnought.

1) Why the combination of Assault Cannon and Missile Launcher? Seems a little indecisive there. Is this how you have him modeled, or can you change to the Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon. From my experience, the Missile Launcher usually drops the ball when it comes time and it can't hurt to have another Heavy Flamer :-)

Outside of that, I think you'll give Demons alot to worry about and give your Chaos friends something to worry about.

Schultzhoffen
01-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Hi. Thanks for the input.

The reason for the Dread's configuration is purely to add some firepower to the army. The Assault Cannon's 4x Str 6 Rending shots are handy v anything but DPs and MCs in particular. The ML has a dual role: anti-horde and the Str8 Ap3 is good v light vehicles, Dps and MCs.

I thought that the x2 Incinerators and a flamer (not to mention the Librarian's Avenger) would do.

I could add a DCW instead but I don't see the Dread in a combat role. I see it as a mobile firebase that pumps out a lot of anti-horde fire supression.

Comments?

SlavesToDarkness
01-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Only 37 guys? A tough row to hoe.

I might recommend dropping some things (particularly the librarian and the dreadnaught missile launcher - just keep the dreadnaught close combat weapon). Then pick up a Land Raider Crusader or Redeemer to stuff the Grey Knight Terminators into and cram up your opponent's a**. It would be waaay better to drive your boys into the fray in a land raider rather than hoping for a lucky gate roll.

Finally, swap the weapons around on the Predators. I think having each dedicated to one role will be better.

Schultzhoffen
01-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Hi

I'm not buying any more models so the LR is a nix.

You'll note that all units cunningly have Teleporter Homers.

The idea is for the Librarian to Gate those Grey Knights after the Rhinos have moved. The Terminators are kept in Reserve and Teleport near one of 3 Homers.

As for numbers? The Chaos army has 30 Plague Marines, 5 Terminators, 10 LSD, a DP (winged) and 2 Oblits (not mentioning assorted vehicles). Not really outnumbered there.

The 'nids may be a problem as I'm not sure what'll be in the new Codex (the Campaign starts the end of this month). However, the player is new to 'nids and I'm hoping that my greater experience will see me through.

Thanks for the comments.

bigrob281
01-08-2010, 07:18 PM
i got some bad news you can't have a group of termies with a BC w/ a psycannon and the unit with an another psycannon and incinerator its max 2 special weapons 1 in the group and you can give the BC whatever other then that looks good