PDA

View Full Version : [SM][1850][Tournament Tomorrow]

Crimthaan
01-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Tournament is tomorrow, what do you guy think of this all around list?

HQ:
[200] Lysander.

Elites:
[200] 5 Assault Terminators, TH/SS.
[155]Dreadnought, Extra Armour, MM, DCCW, SB.
-Drop Pod.

Troops:
[230]Tactical Squad, 10 man. Powerfist, Flamer, Rhino.
[230]Tactical Squad, 10 man. Powerfist, Flamer, Rhino.
[195]Tactical Squad, 10 man. Powerfist, Multi-Melta.

Heavy Support:
[250]Devestator Squad, 10 man. 2xPlasma Cannons, 2xMissile Launchers.
[260]Land Raider, Multi-Melta (Lysander and Terminators Dedicated Transport)
[130] Vindicator, Extra Armour.

[1850]

The general idea is to drop the Dreadnought first turn and use it as a speed bump/pop something first turn. My Land Raider and two Rhino's move up to attack.

Devestator Squad is in combat squad so that the plasma cannons can fire at one target, while the missile launchers can fire at anouther. The unmounted Tactical squad provides mid-range fire support and moves up later in the game to contest/capture objectives. The vindicator can either move forward to provide extra unf to the attack or can hang back and deny an area of terrain to the enemy.

Please be as brutal as you want to be. This is my first tournament. My only question is should I switch the CC Terminators to normal terminators so I can take advantage of Lysander's Bolter Drill.

Chumbalaya
01-09-2010, 12:50 AM
Give all your Tacticals multi-meltas and flamers. They're free and the flexibility is well worth it.

Devvies are overpriced and not as effective and you'd think. Take 2 dakka Preds and make your LR a LRC and dedicated transport.

Extra armor can go too.

Cryl
01-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Give all your Tacticals multi-meltas and flamers. They're free and the flexibility is well worth it.

Devvies are overpriced and not as effective and you'd think. Take 2 dakka Preds and make your LR a LRC and dedicated transport.

Extra armor can go too.

I completely agree with Chumbalaya's first two points but not the third. Personally I think extra armour is worth it on the LRC and the dread, you need to get them to where you want to and the extra armour increases your chances of doing that immensely in my experience. Of course YMMV as Chumbys clearly has :)

Chexmix282
01-12-2010, 03:45 PM
My only question is should I switch the CC Terminators to normal terminators so I can take advantage of Lysander's Bolter Drill.

Never do this BTW.

How'd the tournament go?