PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar Pit of Slaves

Master Bryss
01-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Partially inspired by Soulstorm, and also to give the Prisoners rule a point.
You may take up to 3 Pits of Slaves in your army. They use up a Heavy Support Slot, and you must have at least one Haemonculus in your army for each Pit you include.
Pit of Slaves- 120 points.
Front Armour-11
Side Armour- 11
Rear Armour- 11
TypeImmobile Vehicle Crew: None Weapons: None

Rules:
Deployment- The Pit is deployed normally, and during Dawn of War missions it may deploy alongside any other units you may normally deploy (it is assumed the Pit was built before the start of the battle and has been there for a while.)

Slaves: Each Pit contains 10 Slaves at the start of the battle. If a Dark Eldar unit takes prisoners these prisoners are automatically sent to the nearest Pit. Each prisoner counts as one slave, and an Independant Character counts as 2.

Energy Release: Torturers inside the Pit can extract energy from tortured slaves and use it for various purposes. Each Pit can use up to 2 abilities per game turn, each killing off a number of slaves. For every 10 Slaves killed by the Energy Release rule the Dark Eldar player gains a Kill Point. Abilities are:

Shriek of Terror:Used in the Shooting Phase, costs one Slave. The Pit of Slaves may launch up to D3 Terrorfex Grenades with no line of sight required and a range of 24". You may re-roll the D3 any number of times by sacrificing one slave per re-roll.
Shriek of Horror: Used in the Shooting Phase, costs one Slave. The Pit may shoot one Xenospasm grenade with a range of 18" and no line of sight required.
Open the Gate: Used in the Movement Phase, costs 2 Slaves. During this Movement Phase the Pit counts as a Webway Portal.
Evil Cloak: Used in the Shooting Phase, costs 3 Slaves. During the enemy's next Shooting Phase all Dark Eldar units within 6" of the Pit count as having a Night Shield, including the Pit itself. Counts as using 2 abilities.
Soulstorm: Used in the Shooting Phase, costs 4 Slaves. The Pit fires a weapon with the following profile:
Range 24", S10, AP 4, Assault 1, Large Blast, Ignores Cover, Pinning.
The Soulstorm may only glance vehicles, and counts as 2 abilities.

What are everyone's thoughts?

Herald of Nurgle
01-09-2010, 05:18 PM
1. Needs a way of moving on to the board during Dawn of War missions - either it is deployed as a Troops choice, has Infiltrate, or can Deep Strike.
2. Perhaps, at the cost of 2 slaves or something, the Pit may be 'moved' (an abattoir on stilts)

I love the idea! ^_^

Master Bryss
01-10-2010, 08:07 AM
Herald, I'd love to see a walking screaming Pit on spider legs too. How about an upgrade to give it walker legs and the Fleet Rule for, say, 20 points?

I'll add in a clause for Dawn of War deployment.

Cyberscape7
01-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Very good idea, I love the idea that dark eldar would actually be able to use their slaves like any other aliens would. I wouldn't have a mobile pit of slaves though. Instead you could create another vehicle like a walking prison with better stats. It could be the dark eldar wraithlord!!!!!
~~must~~configure~~dark~~eldar~~wraithlord~~

Nabterayl
01-11-2010, 03:25 PM
1. Needs a way of moving on to the board during Dawn of War missions - either it is deployed as a Troops choice, has Infiltrate, or can Deep Strike.
2. Perhaps, at the cost of 2 slaves or something, the Pit may be 'moved' (an abattoir on stilts)

I love the idea! ^_^

Remember that immobile units can still be held in Reserve. If they do so, they enter by Deep Strike when they arrive - page 94.

Cyberscape7
01-13-2010, 01:26 AM
Looks wierd but I think it could work with some other configuring
DEW
http://www.azurevision.co.uk/warseer/harlequin-wraithlord-based-1.jpg

Master Bryss
01-13-2010, 10:49 AM
I quite like that, although the Wraithlord would be more of a 'soul prison' than a prison prison.

At some point in the near future I'd like to do my own version of the DE Codex, to stop me getting so annoyed about how long the actual new codex is taking. Suggestions for units and wargear are welcome.

vulkan_tu'shaun
01-13-2010, 06:47 PM

I love the idea! ^_^

it does say it is placed at the begining next to any unit to represent it being there b4 the battle.

Herald of Nurgle
01-14-2010, 01:03 AM
it does say it is placed at the begining next to any unit to represent it being there b4 the battle.
At which point I note that it was edited after I posted that, fooo.

sirrouga
01-17-2010, 02:16 PM
I don't think buildings fit the Dark Eldar "way of war" very well. They are supposed to be hit and run pirates and such and having buildings around don't really sound right.

Perhaps have the prisons as a kind of Ravager, instead of the dark lances they have the prison complex but also ends up not being a fast vehicle. This gives it mobility and to me makes more sense on how the army operates. I would also have a range of which prisoners can be taken to it, but it could be something like 24". Also the bonus kill points is a bit too extra in my opinion, the kill points gained form killing and taking prisoners during the game is good enough.

I do like the powers through, but I would change the "Shriek of Terror" a bit. Having 3 of those grenades hit one target hit a single unit just promises a pinning. And keep it to one reroll to keep things in line with the rest of the game. Maybe something more along the lines of...

The Slave Pit hits d3 enemy units within 24" with terrorfex grenades with no line of sight required, the d3 may be rerolled if you sacrifice an additional slave. Only one grenade per enemy unit.

May even do the same for the "Shriek of Horror".