PDA

View Full Version : Hive Fleet Megiddo

Cyberscape7
01-10-2010, 09:18 AM
I have invented a new tyrnid colour scheme and fleet and I want to see what everyone thinks of the backround story. To be honest the colour scheme was inspired at my local GW. Its regal blue skin with bleached bone carapace basically. Ok heres the story...
"The three great hive fleets; Leviathan, Kraken and Behemoth. Man think that these fleets are the greatest in history, however there was an origin fleet. found at the very edges of the galaxy was the remains of a collosal hive fleet. Looking at its projectory it seems to be following the paths of the three great fleets. This leads many sholars of the Imperium to believe that this was the original Hive Fleet of the Tyranid race. It still exists today as a smaller, but no less powerful, splinter fleet known as Megiddo. An elusive fleet, hiding in the shadow of other fleets until it regains it strength, Megiddo could very well be the destruction of the Imperium. Hope is not lost however. This fleet was obviously weakened, nearly destroyed, somehow. And the Imperium will not rest until they discover who or what was able to do this..."
I know it sounds a little eldary with the fall of the greatest but I really think this could make some nice narrative stories. please respond with comments(nice ones:o)

Andrew283
01-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Pretty good. However I prefer to make my fluff a little ore silly concerning my Nids such as them attacking from the galactic west and heading straight towards Terra. At the same time however Abbadon decides "what the hell" and launches his 14th Black crusade :L

Cyberscape7
01-10-2010, 12:00 PM
If anyone would like to see my tyranid colour scheme go onto the tyranid army painter and use these codes:
Body-08085A
Carapace-EFD9A8
Carapace Highlights-FFFFFF
Claws-000000
Claw Highlights-FFFFFF
Eye-106B21
Fleshbits-FFFFFF
Hooves-000000
Teeth-EFD9A8
Weapon-08085A

Master Bryss
01-17-2010, 09:26 AM
The colour scheme is very...blue. The bone colour didn't really show up well, I wish it could have been on a contrasting background.

Gotthammer
01-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Looking at it on a gaunt I'd make the gun a lighter colour otherwise the deep blue does overwhelm everything.

Jiggs
01-17-2010, 02:51 PM
When I started reading your fluff all I could think of was what if the fleet wasn't actually weakened by another race but instead it weakened itself by creating three smaller fleets (using up its resources) to 'test' the defenses of enemy species and is infact just healing itself and waiting for its final strike. The imperium would of course still be wasting their time trying to figure out what could have weakend such a massive fleet. Just a thought.