PDA

View Full Version : Reliable UK stockists?

Mr Mystery
05-15-2014, 05:53 AM
How do?

So giving X-wing some more thought, and I think I'm going to give it a whirl. After all, it seems cheap enough to start, and if it's not to my taste I shouldn't have issues selling it on.

Next thing I need is a recommend retailer. Given the warnings I've had about occasional issues getting hold of ships (due to popular demand and that), customer service and keeping me in the loop is what I'm looking for.

Not overly fussed about who offers the biggest discount :)

Oh, and UK based. I'm also an impatient sod.

Lord Asterion
05-15-2014, 08:09 AM
How do?

So giving X-wing some more thought, and I think I'm going to give it a whirl. After all, it seems cheap enough to start, and if it's not to my taste I shouldn't have issues selling it on.

Next thing I need is a recommend retailer. Given the warnings I've had about occasional issues getting hold of ships (due to popular demand and that), customer service and keeping me in the loop is what I'm looking for.

Not overly fussed about who offers the biggest discount :)

Oh, and UK based. I'm also an impatient sod.

I'm a big fan of Element Games, not the greatest discount (unlike Wayland), but they won't take your money for things they won't get within the next few weeks and not tell you (also unlike Wayland), they're a reliable store with a cool gaming space in Stockport.

They're great, go with them.

Mr Mystery
05-15-2014, 08:29 AM
Uurrrrrgh. Stockport.

I worked in the GW store there for four weeks. 'Orrible grotty town.

Didn't help I stayed in one of the UK's worst hotels (thanks Head Office!).

But hey, I'll take any reliable stockist!

Lord Asterion
05-15-2014, 08:36 AM
I was only endorsing the company, the town is a horrible place, I agree, I went there for a Tournament, nice people, good shop with an excellent range, they get orders out fast and solve any problems without any fuss, I really like them

Wildeybeast
05-15-2014, 10:31 AM
I'm a big fan of Element Games, not the greatest discount (unlike Wayland), but they won't take your money for things they won't get within the next few weeks and not tell you (also unlike Wayland), they're a reliable store with a cool gaming space in Stockport.

They're great, go with them.

No they're not. I'm still waiting for my imperial aces, which are still out of stock. No problems with them as a retailer, but they seem to have some issues with stock. Worse still, there seems to be no way to cancel my order without having to email them. I'm going to order from chaos cards. Not tried them yet, but they seem to have more products in stock and a friend recommends them.

s12demon
05-15-2014, 12:01 PM
Other than wayland which has real stock control issues as others have said, your best bets for UK based are probably Firestorm games http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/ or Dark sphere http://www.darksphere.co.uk/index.php And unlike wayland both actually show whether stuff is actually in stock via their websites.

Havent used either for a while but both have a pretty good name for both decent stock control and quick delivery.

Mr Mystery
05-16-2014, 03:47 AM
Can also drop into Darksphere now and again, as I work up Nodnol, which is handy. Take a two hour lunch and skip across on the Choob.

Thanks for the heads up about Wayland though. Wasn't aware of stock hiccups.

Brakkart
05-16-2014, 08:50 AM
Krackers Games Shop here in my town of Taunton have a pretty big stock in of Star Wars at the moment, they just got in the big Rebel Transport and have at least 1 of everything in the range currently so far as I know. Very friendly store, no discount but they will get anything they have in stock in the mail to you usually within a day of an order being placed. They also stock a huge range of comics, action figures, board games, card games and wargames.

01823 335057 is their phone number.

Cpt Codpiece
05-17-2014, 04:22 PM
wargames store is pretty reliable, i have ordered all of my x wing stuff through them, live stock levels, honest pre order/restock dates (FF dependent) and a decent price too. the free 5 day shipping is usually 2-3 day, but the 1-2 day (£3 or free if > £40) is literally next day if early ordering.

i did pre order my B wing through weyland and it came as soon as it was released, but id rather use wargames store.....

if you have a forbidden planet or travelling man close they stock it (not sure if travelling man is a chain or not).

Mr Mystery
05-18-2014, 01:22 AM
Cheers guys

And a sneaky side question....what are FFG like at sticking to release dates?

Cpt Codpiece
05-19-2014, 05:47 AM
fantasy flight are pretty spot on, for dates.

they tell you its 'on the boat' so any delays is the freighters from china.... not actually FFG, all waves have hit on time.
im betting shops will be getting wave 4 stock now, just cant/shouldn't sell it.

Mr Mystery
07-22-2014, 05:35 AM
Just want to add a supplier.

www.gameslore.co.uk

Good prices (ships for £9.99), entirely reasonable shipping charges, bonus discounts the more you order (really good for groups!) and reliable.

I'm placing my second order for stuff with them tomorrow.