PDA

View Full Version : Sister box set is gone

Necrosis
01-10-2010, 11:19 PM
The sister box set is now gone from the GW website. We can only now order the blister pack that comes with 3 sisters: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat30048&rootCatGameStyle=

Aenir
01-10-2010, 11:24 PM
I know its probably not as technically ok

My LGS has a box set, if anyone is interested, lemme know and I could get it for you and mail it :)

Melissia
01-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Huh. I guess I'll be postponing my purchases then.

wittdooley
01-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Isn't this usually the precursor to very good things?

Melissia
01-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Usually yeah. But I really doubt there will be a Sisters product out this year. Early next year at the soonest.

Sangre
01-11-2010, 12:03 AM
2010: The Year the Sisters Died.

Gotthammer
01-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Yeah, I seem to remember a long gap between the old Space Wolves Codex going off show and the new release.

Melissia
01-11-2010, 12:08 AM
Yeah, I seem to remember a long gap between the old Space Wolves Codex going off show and the new release.

About how long? I didn't really pay attention.

Herald of Nurgle
01-11-2010, 12:12 AM
About how long? I didn't really pay attention.
Left shelves Nov/Dec 2008, returned Oct 2009.

Melissia
01-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Heh. Poor puppies.

Cryl
01-11-2010, 02:03 AM
Left shelves Nov/Dec 2008, returned Oct 2009.

Lets hope it's not that long for the Sororitas or in fact anything again. It effectively removes a (new) army choice from the market for a year

Necrosis
01-11-2010, 02:17 AM
I hope we finally get some new better looking plastic sisters. Were the only army still stuck with 2nd edition troop choices.

rbryce
01-11-2010, 02:22 AM
they may be 2nd ed. minis, but imo, they are some of the best fixed pose sculpts out there from GW. at least from a distance, the heads ARE manly, or theyre on steroids.

Necrosis
01-11-2010, 02:37 AM
As for anyone saying sisters of battle are getting cancelled or squatted, that is not true. Recently GW has been supporting them. They got two new formations in apocalypse and a new stratagem in planetstrike. This may not seem like much by actually compared to before this is a huge increase to attention they've gotten.

Artein
01-11-2010, 03:47 AM
WH and DK Codices are gone as well.

Necrosis
01-11-2010, 03:49 AM
WH and DK Codices are gone as well.

Certain countries still have them but they are disappearing.

ColCorbane
01-11-2010, 06:16 AM
It's a bad sign when codexes get pulled. Perhaps we're getting an inquisition codex .......

Morgrim
01-11-2010, 07:19 AM
It's a bad sign when codexes get pulled. Perhaps we're getting an inquisition codex .......

Generally it's a pretty good sign when a codex is pulled, tends to be the first indicator that things are happening. And pulling both Ordos simultaneously suggests a combined codex. I think that's a good thing, actually, they share some units and armoury and each contains a 'subset' army (GK/SoB) so the mechanisms for them in 5th Ed are likely to be broadly similar.

Yeah, I know most people know this. Shutting up now.

RocketRollRebel
01-11-2010, 07:29 AM
I wont get excited, I wont get excited, I wont get excited..

Faultie
01-11-2010, 07:43 AM
I can excuse this if it's a precursor to plastic SoB models, with enough helmeted heads for every model. That would make my year (as regards wargaming).

Stormlord Aeirling
01-11-2010, 08:36 AM
looks like sisters and grey knights have fallen on hard times. Still, it's looking like they might get an update next year (Or so my sources say). Hopefully some plastic stuff too.

Lerra
01-11-2010, 12:14 PM
The Dark Eldar codex was pulled for at least a year, wasn't it? They re-released it about 6 months ago. Many of the DE models were unavailable for some time, too.

Melissia
01-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Generally it's a pretty good sign when a codex is pulled, tends to be the first indicator that things are happening. And pulling both Ordos simultaneously suggests a combined codex. I think that's a good thing, actually, they share some units and armoury and each contains a 'subset' army (GK/SoB) so the mechanisms for them in 5th Ed are likely to be broadly similar.

Yeah, I know most people know this. Shutting up now.

Screw that. The Inquisition should be and IS the subset army, because it's NOT an army. The utmost best the Inquisition should be capable of doing is providing support units for other armies. Let the REAL armies-- the Sisters and Grey Knights-- be the focus of the TWO codices we get.

I can excuse this if it's a precursor to plastic SoB models, with enough helmeted heads for every model. That would make my year (as regards wargaming).

Would be cool, but I somehow doubt it. They usually release new troops choice sculpts with the actual codex...

Forever_Bunny
01-11-2010, 01:32 PM
I am hopeing for 50% plastic, but in reality it will probablily be 35%

But today is turning out to be a great day Blood Angels and now Sister/Grey Knights - (I know it will be next year if all) coming soon to my modeling cabent. :)

Faultie
01-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Would be cool, but I somehow doubt it. They usually release new troops choice sculpts with the actual codex...
I don't care when, I just want it to be true eventually.
I'm not new to this. I've been waiting this long, I can wait a couple more years for plastic Sisters.

rbryce
01-11-2010, 03:16 PM
well, we got a plstic torso in the immo/SoB rhino set years ago, its taken em a while to get this far...

...but an end is (possibly) in sight.

wittdooley
01-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah, Melissa is totally right. The Sisters should not be in an Inquisition codex; they simply aren't Inquisition, they're the military arm of the Ecclisiarchy.

Speaking of Sisters, Melissa, I just read Faith and Fire, enjoyed it for the most part--though it could have been much stronger--and the Sisters absolutely have enough options to be, and should be, their own army book. When they redo it, though, the Sisters Repentia need some serious love, because in that book (and I know it's only one instance of the SoB fluff) they're badasses.

Wicked Seraphim
01-14-2010, 02:25 PM
I guessing they are getting plastics in maybe the new battle missions and I would love to see a standalone Sisters codex.

Necrosis
01-16-2010, 12:34 AM
The box set is back. Looks like it was a false alarm.

DarkLink
01-16-2010, 12:51 AM
looks like sisters and grey knights have fallen on hard times. Still, it's looking like they might get an update next year (Or so my sources say). Hopefully some plastic stuff too.

Grey Knights have been on hard time for a long, long time... but it sounds like it won't be for too much longer

Dvastator
01-16-2010, 03:42 AM
I guess that means that I don't get to add any more squads to my girls! :(

Melissia
01-17-2010, 11:43 AM
The box set is back. Looks like it was a false alarm.
Yep, it certainly is back. (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat30048&prodId=prod1080206)

Brilliant, GW. Brilliant. It's amazing how little they need to do to get people to start talking about the army.

DarkLink
01-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Yep, it certainly is back. (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat30048&prodId=prod1080206)

Brilliant, GW. Brilliant. It's amazing how little they need to do to get people to start talking about the army.

"Hey, let's see how many speculation threads we can start up if we pull this product for a week or so!"

Artein
01-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Well, if that was hype building, I must say that it was very effective. :cool:

andrewm9
01-18-2010, 06:39 AM

Well technically the boxed set never left the site. The WH codex is however gone form all sites now.

Turbo_MMX
01-18-2010, 07:14 AM
Strange. I Can still see it in the Witch Hunters army main page.... The codex not the box set.

Dreg Warpspawn
01-18-2010, 07:14 AM
Strange, you know I was looking for Chaos Furies and saw they were only available in a three pack blister the other day. The Box set of 10 was gone, so I thought the Sisters and Furies were just the new way models were going to be sold now, and box sets were on the way out. But now the Sister's box is back (hooray!) and so is the Furies box, but the Furies box says 'No longer available', weird, huh?

andrewm9
01-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Strange. I Can still see it in the Witch Hunters army main page.... The codex not the box set.

The codex tab is still there, but if you click on it the spot is entirely blank. I wouldn't make it up I promise.

DarkLink
01-18-2010, 02:20 PM

I just checked and it'd gone when you actually click on the tab. Daemonhunters codex is gone, too.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
01-19-2010, 06:16 AM
Why not just ring up GW and ask them if either the WH or the DH codex is still available and if they say no, then ask why not??
Hey may get a reply like we are replacing them soon....who knows.

Melissia
01-19-2010, 10:33 AM
"Hey, let's see how many speculation threads we can start up if we pull this product for a week or so!"

Regardless of if this is sarcasm or not, yes, that's actually what I had in mind. I'm fairly certain GW has people reading the various rumormonger websites like this one, and they know how we react to every little thing.

It could be just a simple mistake, but somehow that seems unlikely.

Melissia
Which begs the question how and why exactly those specific items were dropped off.

Madness
Speaking from a webdev perspective, and with a technical eye to their site and the housekeeping they have I think it's likely not a marketing maneuver.

Madness
01-19-2010, 12:31 PM
My money is on out of stock stuff that was long overdue for removal. But Rosette might be onto something, calling them up inquiring about the missing stuff might be a good indicator.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
01-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Tell you what, its only 2.06pm Wednesda here in Australia.
So i will ring them later my time tonight and ask just that....are the WH/DH codex stil available and if not why?

So will take about 9hours before i can call them, dont want to upset the GW staff with early calls.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
01-20-2010, 07:01 AM
Ok 10 hours later i have called the Customer Service desk and spoke to a nice guy.

This is the basics of what he had to say:
Firstly he has confirmed that WH and DH codex are no longer available to purchase online anymore. He went on to say that at this point they may to his knowledge bring it back in a new form or codex, but is unsure as to when.
Secondly he said it may or may not mean that it could mean the cancellation of both armies but he does'nt think that likely with such a great range of miniatures.

So in conclusion he as a staff member is unsure when they will bring a new DH/WH codex out or possibly has been told not to say anything to escalate rumours. Me personnaly i just dont think the guy knew anything on product release dates thats all.
This alll could just mean they are or ar not working on new codex's and we just have to wait for GW conformations.
So im off to bed, never good staying up with the flu just to make a phonecall taking into account time zones.

Madness
01-20-2010, 07:35 AM
Cheers, that was helpful.

Melissia
01-20-2010, 10:09 AM
IF the guy did know anything, then he was likely told not to spread rumors around. Thus the non-committal statements.

Necrosis
01-22-2010, 03:11 AM
It seems that the sister box set of 10 has been taken from the UK and France Website but is still avaiable in North America. Their codex has also been removed from North America.

rbryce
01-22-2010, 02:36 PM
just to let you guys know, but gw stores in the uk cant order in any more dexs(both DH and WH), and sister squad boxes. went in to get some today, and this is what ive been told, as they had none. the store gremlin wasnt happy, as he wants to start on grey knights! he seems to think new minis are imminent, but thats the same story from the past 5 years at least lol

DarkLink
01-22-2010, 03:29 PM
just to let you guys know, but gw stores in the uk cant order in any more dexs(both DH and WH), and sister squad boxes. went in to get some today, and this is what ive been told, as they had none. the store gremlin wasnt happy, as he wants to start on grey knights! he seems to think new minis are imminent, but thats the same story from the past 5 years at least lol

Except this time there are actual rumors supporting new models, rather than pure speculation. It's something.

MadCowCrazy
02-02-2010, 04:02 PM

GASP!! HERESY!!! I prefer my sisters without helmets, give them more personality imo. Only wussy SM guys wear helmets, squad leaders dont so atleast they got some balls. Sisters must be REAL BADASS since they usually dont wear helmets. Wish GW would make a SoB head sprue, would make my day.

Yeah, Melissa is totally right. The Sisters should not be in an Inquisition codex; they simply aren't Inquisition, they're the military arm of the Ecclisiarchy.

Speaking of Sisters, Melissa, I just read Faith and Fire, enjoyed it for the most part--though it could have been much stronger--and the Sisters absolutely have enough options to be, and should be, their own army book. When they redo it, though, the Sisters Repentia need some serious love, because in that book (and I know it's only one instance of the SoB fluff) they're badasses.

I just read this book the other week, I really disliked the ending, felt so clishe but other than that the book was good and gave a bit of insight into the Sisterhood.
Felt really cheesy though when they made refferences to codex rules in the book, like the Acts of Faith. If I remember correctly the sisters used atleast Divine Guidance and Hand of the Emperor was used to open the prison door or some such. I believe Shield of Faith protected them from a psychic attack as well :D
When reading the book I got the impression gun servitors are pretty useless though, no wonder Inquisitors with gun servitors suck :P
I would suggest you read the Daemonifuge about Ephrael Sten, its an awsome comic series but it sucks it has no ending (just a cliffhanger).

Madness
02-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Nothing should be in the inquisition codex, except maybe inquisitors, the only units they have are requisitioned, grey knights are permanently req., kinda like an exception to the rule. Then again everything should be in the (a?) IQ codex as they can requisition any unit, included ecclesiarchy units.

Melissia
02-02-2010, 05:39 PM
From what I've read, the Inquisition can requisition Ecclesiarchal units but in the case of the Sisters they don't really have to respond. The purpose of the Sisters is to root out heresy and protect the faithful, and Inquisitors do go Rogue, so the decision of the Legatine is respected when it comes to responding to Inquisitors. They're very likely to heed the call if they are not currently on a mission, but they don't have to.

It would be no good, after all, to have the Sisters fight for a heretical Inquisitor.

GASP!! HERESY!!! I prefer my sisters without helmets
I prefer my Sisters to have brains not shot out fo their heads by random fire or snipers, but then I suppose my Canoness is quite intelligent in that regard (unlike many Marines).

Faultie
02-02-2010, 05:53 PM
I prefer my Sisters to have brains not shot out fo their heads by random fire or snipers, but then I suppose my Canoness is quite intelligent in that regard (unlike many Marines).

Again, we agree 900%.

DarkLink
02-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Soooooo much easier to paint, too.

Madness
02-02-2010, 08:10 PM
About the hemlets thing, sadly rule of cool applies succesfully here. Btw, in RT era iinm EVERY power armor also included a small forcefield which might have allowed for helmetless non-dead dudes.

I don't really worry tho, all the characters I like either wear a helmet or have a forcefield on them.

Gotthammer
02-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Btw, in RT era iinm EVERY power armor also included a small forcefield which might have allowed for helmetless non-dead dudes.

Really? I've never heard of that and have been playing since RT - I specifically remember rules for determining armour being sealed or not, and the only forcefields being refractor, conversion, displacer and stasis. I fyou could provide a source for that I'd be most interested.

rbryce
02-03-2010, 01:25 AM
i guess the head thing comes down to preference between realism(helmets on to protect from shots/blows), and artistic(helmets off just because its cooler). im a bit of both, as i feel my elite girls(celestians, squad leaders etc) should have helmets(and they do), but my normal foot troops dont, this helps me and my opponant know who is who easier.

Madness
02-03-2010, 06:08 AM
Really? I've never heard of that and have been playing since RT - I specifically remember rules for determining armour being sealed or not, and the only forcefields being refractor, conversion, displacer and stasis. I fyou could provide a source for that I'd be most interested.
Tomorrow I'll scan my RT era stuff for PA description.

Melissia
02-03-2010, 08:51 AM
If it's rule of cool, then I'd have to say the helmets win out by a long shot easily. Sisters' helmets, especially Celestian helmets with the Fleur de Lys, look cool, much moreso than the Marine ones.

Possibly the coolest part of the armor, certainly hella better than that stupid corset.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/melissiablackheart/SistersOfBattleHelm.png

Madness
02-03-2010, 09:13 AM
I indeed like the sabbat helmets, but bareface has a badassitude (damn there's no cool sounding portmanteu of badass and attitude) to it. A sort of "I can stop bullets with my foreheard" ring to it.

Melissia
02-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Not enough to make up for lacking a cool helmet.

rbryce
02-03-2010, 10:07 AM
i know the helmets rock, but in a way without allows more expression to come through, i hate the armies where everything has a helmet, as you dont get the feeling and sense of what the little guy/gal is going through, its just a blank helmet. but i know mel likes helmets, and i wont argue with her about it lol.

Melissia
02-03-2010, 10:32 AM
The Sisters aren't about "the little guy", that's what the Imperial Guard is for :P None of the Sisters qualify as "the little guy" (nevermind the inner pedant which makes me want to point out that they aren't guys), as they're all quite damn elite.

Duke
02-03-2010, 10:35 AM
The helmets are cool, butnyoir right it looks god to have some people without helmets.

andrewm9
02-03-2010, 10:56 AM
I'd rather have an all helmets option so i don't have to paint faces. Its very difficult for me to paint them in the first place let alone a whole squad's worth.

Petite Francois
02-03-2010, 11:25 AM
I'd rather have an all helmets option so i don't have to paint faces. Its very difficult for me to paint them in the first place let alone a whole squad's worth.

You said it! I love the faces personally, but everytime I try to paint their eyes they look like deep sea fish:(

---Frankie

SabrX
02-03-2010, 12:23 PM

Depends how devote they are to the Ecclesiarchy. In Ciaphas Cain novel Death or Glory written by Sandy Mitchell, The Order of the White Rose believed faith was a shield and so many didn't wore helmets thinking the emperor protects. Yes it's questionable whether we should consider those novels Canon, but we all know how hardcore Sisters can be. ;)

Edit: Btw, U.S. site temporary took down the 10 Sisters box set around the same time the Witch Hunters codex was taken off, but put it back days later. This is your last chance to get them!

Lerra
02-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Hopefully they will include helmets for all models with a few bare heads as extras. I like to have faces showing for some special models (mainly squad leaders so that they stand out), but I agree that they look better overall with helmets, and SoB helmets are some of the best looking ones in the game.

Madness
02-03-2010, 12:52 PM
It all depends, a helmet is always an hindrance and sometimes a lifesaver, armor isn't everything, I can see how some generals would prefer to be free to move and shout around.

I bought it.

andrewm9
02-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Hopefully they will include helmets for all models with a few bare heads as extras. I like to have faces showing for some special models (mainly squad leaders so that they stand out), but I agree that they look better overall with helmets, and SoB helmets are some of the best looking ones in the game.

I hope we get options for both Sabbat pattern helmets, that way all my girls can have helmets and the Sister Superiors can have the variant (with the fleur-d-lys) along with my Celestians.

andrewm9
02-03-2010, 01:13 PM
It all depends, a helmet is always an hindrance and sometimes a lifesaver, armor isn't everything, I can see how some generals would prefer to be free to move and shout around.

I bought it.

Yeah but the helmet has a re-breather and sensors as well vox communications. thus no Sister Superior would have to yell at her charges which probably can't hear her anyway since they are wearing helmets. :)

Seriously though I hoep a new kit does have all of the options for those of us who love the modelling portion of our hobby. I just hope we get the Sanctum Imperialis, special weapons, and purity seals to go along with it.