PDA

View Full Version : [500 Points] DWARF ARMY LIST

Hissteria
05-17-2014, 10:59 PM
Hi there everyone

I am putting together my first Warhammer army and would love some constructive criticism before I start building them all.
Please note that I am trying to make a close combat themed army with a few things to support them like Gyrocopters or maybe even a few war machines.
The current list is only 500 points while I learn how to play the game with a few mates but I will be expanding it to 750 then 1,000 points in the future.
If you have any ideas, comments or criticism please feel free to tell me and your reasons why because I'm new to playing the hobby. :)
I am partial to a strong defensive unit in the mix so I was thinking of maybe swapping a unit of Longbeards out for a unit of Ironbreakers.

Kind Regards
Hissteria

WARHAMMER DWARF ARMY LIST – 498 Points
HERO – 16%
THANE [78 Points]
Unit(s): 1x Thane
Upgrade(s): Shield & Rune of Fire (or 10 points worth of runes)

CORE – 68%
LONGBEARDS [170 Points]
Unit(s): 10x Longbeards
Upgrade(s): Great Weapons & Full Command

LONGBEARDS [170 Points]
Unit(s): 10x Longbeards
Upgrade(s): Great Weapons & Full Command

SPECIAL – 16% (Choose 1 of the two)
GYROCOPTER [80 Points]
Unit(s): 1x Gyrocopter
Upgrade(s): None

OR

BOLT THROWER [80 Points]
Unit(s): 1x Bolt Thrower
Upgrade(s): Rune of Accuracy

dms505
07-09-2014, 02:39 PM
You might be over-extending on attack with both units as 2HW longbeards. They don't have a lot of armor and strike last. I also doubt a full command will be needed in such a small game. While I realize that in larger games most people don't use shields anymore you may consider it in a small game like this. Heavy armor units can be much better when armies can't bring all of their cool bells and whistles. Also definately use the Gyro. You need something with movement and it has decent armor against light shooting and if someone has a 400 pt deathstar you just owned it.

HOWEVER, if your not wanting to buy multiple boxes of different models right off the bat you'd still be ok doing the two longbeards until you get your practice games in. For small 500-1000 point games cannons aren't quite as useful either but still CAN be useful due to grapeshot and very useful if the opponent has cheap knights.