-- Superior w/ BoSL and Bolter
-- Rhino w/ Pintle SB, Blessed Ammunition

9 Battle Sisters w/ Flamer and Meltagun

Heavy Support
Exorcist
Exorcist

This list uses Imperial Armour rules for vehicles.

thecactusman17
01-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Experimenting with Blessed Ammunition.

749 Pts

HQ: 331 Pts
Canoness w/ Auspex, CoSA, BoSL, Frags, Blessed Weapon, Bolt Pistol
-- 4 Celestians w/ Heavy Flamer and Flamer, Frags, Sacred Standard
-- Superior w/ Eviscerator
-- Immolator w/ TLHBs, Pintle SBs, Blessed Ammunition

Troops: 412 Pts
9 Battle Sisters w/ Heavy Flamer and Meltagun

9 Battle Sisters w/ Heavy Flamer and Meltagun

1000 Pts

HQ: 330 Pts
Canoness w/ Auspex, CoSA, BoSL, Frags, Blessed Weapon
-- 4 Celestians w/ Flamer and Flamer, Frags, Sacred Standard
-- Superior w/ Eviscerator
-- Immolator w/ TLHBs, Pintle SBs, Blessed Ammunition

Troops: 400 Pts

Heavy Support
Exorcist
Exorcist

This list uses Imperial Armour rules for vehicles.

Sorry, but your squads are not correct. i think you are reading the idea of "A Superior and X sisters/Celestians" as "an optional veteran and x additional troops." You don't have to take the veteran, but you do need to take a minimum of 10 Battle sisters or 5 Celestians. (Edit: This is to say that like other upgrade troops from the 3rd/4th edition games, Veteran status is an upgrade to a "commander" model in the squad. You have a commander and X models, and then may upgrade the commander toa Veteran who can take wargear etc.).

A Battle Sisters squad of 10 sisters, a Flamer, a Melta, Veteran status, A Book, and a Rhino costs 196 points already. Then you add in Pintle Storm Bolter and Blessed Ammunition? Either the Rhino costs vastly less in IA or the squad is wrong. Blessed ammunition alone should have your total troops at about 420 points. BTW, blessed ammunition doesn't work on storm bolters in the regular codex, only heavy bolters. (IE only the Immolator).

Difficult to respond to the IA vehicles, but I'd suggest dropping the Standard Bearer and replacing the Auspex with frag grenades and a bolt pistol. Also, Heavy Bolters on the Immolator remove its greatest strength, that being that it is essentially a fast vehicle. Instead, use the points to buy all your transports extra armor and smoke grenades. At 50+ points a pop, sisters transports are too expensive to risk a turn 1 loss of your mechanized units.

Nabterayl
01-12-2010, 10:18 PM
The celestian squad is fine. The codex says that the unit size is 1 Sister Superior and 4-9 Celestians.

As for the list, I get the point of blessed ammunition on Sanctis-pattern Immolators, Mel, but I'm not sure what you're going for on the storm bolters. Those seem like they'd be useful only against Guard and orks ... is that the idea?

thecactusman17
01-13-2010, 03:59 AM
The celestian squad is fine. The codex says that the unit size is 1 Sister Superior and 4-9 Celestians.

As for the list, I get the point of blessed ammunition on Sanctis-pattern Immolators, Mel, but I'm not sure what you're going for on the storm bolters. Those seem like they'd be useful only against Guard and orks ... is that the idea?

Yes. One sister superior. Whom you can then upgrade to a Veteran Sister Superior. You must have the superior, she's just not actually different. Yet.

And I updated the previous post to show why I think it's been done wrong with a demonstration.

Melissia
01-13-2010, 11:23 AM
thecactusman17: I've been doing this since third edition, I know what I'm doing and it's quite obvious what I mean by what I've posted. Veterans are pretty much mandatory purchases in Sisters armies (and the veteran on a Celestian squad is no different, because Celestians need the added assault power of a hidden eviscerator or power weapon, or at least a combiflamer, in order to be worth getting), and you can assume that every single squad I have has a veteran.

And yes, all of those numbers are all correct. Imperial Armor Sisters of Battle Rhinos cheaper, have smoke and searchlight, and the costs for various upgrades are matched with other more recent codices (Such as 15 point extra armor, which is why I did not purchase it). Those rhinos I have there are 55 points total, all upgrades included. imperial Armor Sisters of Battle Immolators are the same cost as normal immolators, but have smoke and searchlights, and updated equipment costs (as well as the option to purchase a pintle storm bolter, which normal Immolators do not have).

Nab: With this setup, each rhino has 4 S4 AP5 shots at 24" range firing at BS4, which ignore cover. Quite useful against horde armies of any kind.

thecactusman17
01-14-2010, 11:00 AM
thecactusman17: I've been doing this since third edition, I know what I'm doing and it's quite obvious what I mean by what I've posted. Veterans are pretty much mandatory purchases in Sisters armies (and the veteran on a Celestian squad is no different, because Celestians need the added assault power of a hidden eviscerator or power weapon, or at least a combiflamer, in order to be worth getting), and you can assume that every single squad I have has a veteran.

And yes, all of those numbers are all correct. Imperial Armor Sisters of Battle Rhinos cheaper, have smoke and searchlight, and the costs for various upgrades are matched with other more recent codices (Such as 15 point extra armor, which is why I did not purchase it). Those rhinos I have there are 55 points total, all upgrades included. imperial Armor Sisters of Battle Immolators are the same cost as normal immolators, but have smoke and searchlights, and updated equipment costs (as well as the option to purchase a pintle storm bolter, which normal Immolators do not have).

Nab: With this setup, each rhino has 4 S4 AP5 shots at 24" range firing at BS4, which ignore cover. Quite useful against horde armies of any kind.

OK, then the costs make sense. Surprised you upped the rhinos to 55 points though. Seems like between them and some of the stuff on the celestian squad you could have added another squad of celestians or even some seraphim. I'd disagree on the usefulness of a close combat celestian squad veteran ( they're already faithful a great bonus to having a 5-man sisters force that can genuinely hide your canoness). I guess we just play with points differently.

Also, that Immolator would probably come out to about 100 points. Why not give it the Heavy Flamers back? More points to spend elsewhere and you can still put out a bunch of s5 AP4 wounds without cover saves. The celestians clearly aren't using it for a transport at that price, so you must have intended for it to be heavy artillery. If you wanted that, then could I suggest scrapping the vehicle entirely and instead using the points on Heavy Bolters in a Retributor Squad? You'd have more shots, could faith them up, and could have an excellent anti-horde unit in the backfield with your CC canoness for defense against genestealers etc.

I'm just trying to look at the game from a points conservation perspective and responding to a public list on a criticism board with some interesting options to try and figure out what the goal here was. Respectfully, I think you are coming across a little hostile for that.