PDA

View Full Version : Stealer Shock for 5th. 1850

blackjack
01-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Is stealer shock dead? Let's see

Hive Tyrant with
Tactical Insght (gotta have that +1 reserves roll)
Heavy Venom Cannon (Give him something to snipe with while he walks into it.)
220pts

3 ZoanThropes w Drop Pod 220pts (need anti AV14 and this is it)
3 ZoanThropes w Drop Pod 220pts
Death Leaper 140pts

5 squads of 14 Gene Stealers 196 each (brood lords are silly expensive for what they provide)
1 squad of 5 Gene Stealers 70pts (Home objective campers)

Total 1850pts with 75 Genestealers.

Everything starts in reserve comes in on a 3+ starting turn 2. (I assume cumulative reserve bonuses will be outlawed in the FAQ like they were with Guard.)

Let me know what you think.

Unholy_Martyr
01-13-2010, 02:14 PM
To be perfectly honest...from what I have seen of the new Genestealers...this list does not really worry me. Especially with almost 400 points devoted to popping AV 14. With the save the 'stealers have combined with the fact that your shooting is left up to a total of 3 units...at 1850 points you're going to have a bad day.

I would rethink your list before attempting it.

While I would like to give you advice, Tyranids are not my specialty. I make these comments based on what your opponent will think, so don't think I'm just a nay sayer.

Chumbalaya
01-13-2010, 03:22 PM
I like the concept, but I think you'll need more than Zoanthropes to deal with heavy mech forces.

Mawlocs and Harpies can help considerably against lighter mech, disabling them and getting them set up for your stealers to munch on. HG and Tyrannofexes are a good combo too. Also, consider adrenal glands on your stealers just so they get S5 against armor they charge, massed S5 against AV10 can drag it down.

blackjack
01-13-2010, 03:40 PM
thanks Chumbalaya. I will look into malwocs, cutting into my stealer hordes seems nasty though.

Rending makes the STR increase a bit less of a requirement though I do aprechiate the idea. Can't cut down the numbers too much or stealer shock well get shot up before it can do much.

Tacoo
01-18-2010, 07:48 AM
Id consier droping some points somewhere so that u can give the steelers toxin sacs. with that ull be able tu throw more wounds on bigger things like princes and daemons, and also since poision allows reroll against T4or lower, u can also get more rending hits against MeQ.