PDA

View Full Version : Relic Knight backers forces Soda Pop to release new previews

killerbanshee
05-30-2014, 01:33 AM
Accusing Soda Pop Miniatures of releasing low quality photos of their recently manufactured miniatures line to hide sub-par quality pieces, a group of backers pressed SPM to release new photos. The newly relesead photos, who still aren't featured in a Kickstarter update for all backers to see, are in fact a dissapoint to all.

You can see the discussion here:

http://community.sodapopminiatures.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2537

And the photos of the retail product:

http://community.sodapopminiatures.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2537&start=60#p33026

What do you think?

eldargal
05-30-2014, 01:39 AM
I think we need to see primed pictures before we judge, plastic looks a bit similar to the Reaper Bones material which photographs terribly. some sculpts do look disappointing though.

euansmith
05-30-2014, 03:28 AM
Ouch, poor Relic Knight. Their sculpts used to be so cool. About half of these still look bearable to quite nice, but the rest do look like they belong in a big bag in a £1 shop. One must presume that they chose the best examples to display, and yet most of the rank and file look warped and badly cleaned up. Worst though are the figures when the basic pose is simply ugly with bad proportions and awkward positioning; like that first model in the CERCI SPEED CIRCUIT section. I hope they can turn this around, as their limited run figures where often lovely.

How overdue is this campaign now?

eldargal
05-30-2014, 03:37 AM
Ages, like a year maybe? Long time. Kind of done with it regardless, it's taken so long enthusiasm is just gone, will probly sell mine when I get it.

Gotthammer
05-30-2014, 03:41 AM
It's a year this month. Same here on the done with it, especially by the looks of the photos. Really disappointing, I can see why Soda Pop split from Cool Mini now if that's what's being given to them - it's like Sedition Wars all over again.

killerbanshee
06-07-2014, 02:30 PM
There's been some new shots from Minx Studios of their WIP of the models, but there's nothing else and Soda Pop is suposed to begin shipping in a few days. Still nothing new and SPM it's quite, like dead quite.

NockerGeek
06-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Just got my Relic Knight KS rewards today. Well, most of them - they acknowledged that some orders were missing the bonus Cerci Speed Squad minis and base inserts, and I'm in that lucky group. Fortunately, the extra should be here in a couple of days. I've been going through the rest of the minis, though, and so far the detail on the models is pretty decent. There's a couple here and there where some detail or other is softer than I'd like, but for the most part they're nicely detailed. The larger ones, though, could do with some instructions on how to assemble them. Definitely do some dry-fitting trial and error with them until you figure it out.

There's some odd sprue-connection placement on some models, although I imagine they'll clean up well enough. A couple might need to be bent around a bit to make the pieces line up properly. It's not current GW quality, but really the kits don't seem that bad.