PDA

View Full Version : 3000pt Iron Warrior List

Kramanal
01-14-2010, 03:02 AM
Thought I'd put my 3000pt Heavy Assauklt force up for scrutiny.
My Iron Warriors are going to be fighting for the Warmaster probably against Imperial Fists at the siege of Terra.
3000pts either annihiliation or Command and control.

HQ(1-4)
Ferrus Ironclaw - Master of the Armoury (220)
Servo harness, Conversion beamer, Orbital Bombardment
gives Stubborn, Dreadnoughts as HS as well as elite,

Troops(2-9)
2 Tactical Squads(350)
Mg+MM

Elite(0-6)
Nizpal - Tankmaster(155)
allows 3 tank unit as 1 heavy support choice, gives all tanks siege shields.
gives Devestator sqd's "Tank Hunter"
5 Dreadnoughts(650)
TLLC+DCCW+HF

Fast Attack(0-6)
3 Grav Tank(270)
2 Land Speeder(180)

Heavy Support
3 Vindicators under Nizpal(345)
4 Predators(480)
Ac+LCsponsons
Dev squad under Sgt Tourabbadon.(349)
Sgt has special ML(Krak = St8 Ap1)
Gives squad +1 to cover,4 more dev can take his special ML

Army will probably face superheavies or Titans.
Please give me your honest opinion.
I don't expect to win but I want to give a decent showing.
(I don't have any superheavies or titans).
I have most other models available just no aircraft or superheavies.

Cryl
01-14-2010, 05:20 AM
Are these special rules your own or from a BoLS (or other site) type codex? Just interested as some combos might be a little too much. For example those Dev squads with S8 AP1 missile launchers and Tank Hunters are going to be deeply deeply unpleasant for any armour you face, perhaps combination of the two might even be too much, although they're still 'just' marines and so fairly easy to kill so that might balance things.

From what I can see it looks like you've got plenty of anti tank which will take care of superheavies pretty simply. Void shield heavy titans could be a problem as you're going to use up either a lot of your special missile launcher shots or your TLLC just to take them down. I'd guess more than one titan at 3k is unlikey and anything more than a warhound is unlikely too so you should be ok. Reavers will chew up your army very quickly though.

From memory there's a predator based formation you can take that gives bonuses to hunting titans or superheavies (I'm sure someone will know what I'm talking about) that might be worth a look with 4 preds in the list?

Kramanal
01-14-2010, 07:01 AM
Hi
Thanks for the reply.
The force is for use at a Tempus Fugatives campeign weekend at Warhammer World.
They are a great bunch of guys who run campeign weekends in both 40K(actually 30K just now as we are refighting the Heresy) and WFB.
Weekends are great as it is a very friendly event and no one takes things too seriously (power gamers not welcome), still pretty competitive fun.
Check their website!
Ironclaw, Nizpal and Tourabbadon are allowable characters for my legion (Iron Warriors).
Points are usually pretty well calculated for balance over the various forces.
I usually take Iron Hands for the Emperor but this time I was late ordering my ticket so I had to enlist for the Warmaster.
Choices are pretty open for these events from the specially written campeign packs (downloadable)and most people will be taking Primarch's (except Horus who is a non playable character), I didn't fancy building Perturbo so I am not taking him.
I could face a Reaver!
Check their website for last May's event and see the collection of Titan's that were fielded, also a great shot of the Stompa's that were also involved (I counted 22).
You name it and it will probably be fielded!
Due to work comitments I missed the September event.

Cryl
01-14-2010, 07:18 AM
Yeah given what you've said about no powergaming and interesting mixes of scenario rules it sounds like it's worth a look. I might check it out as I'm only about 30 mins drive from WHW

Kramanal
01-14-2010, 07:18 AM
Hi Cryl
I just noticed your based in the Midlands.
Seriously worth checking the Fugatives out.
Great fun in Nottingham.
We come down from Scotland for the events.

Kramanal
01-14-2010, 09:01 AM
As long as you get somebody else to drive!
The Friday and Saturday nights at Bugman's are a main part of the fun!