PDA

View Full Version : Games Workshop stock, yes or no?

Grots Life
06-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Despite the nerd rage, is GW a good place to invest now?

Mr Mystery
06-01-2014, 09:15 AM
Dude you need a financial adviser. Not a web forum.

DarkLink
06-01-2014, 10:02 AM
Don't take advice from a forum of fanboi's with absolutely no functional knowledge of how stocks work. I'm sure there are people on here who could give you good advice, but it will be buried amongst so much flak you'll be lucky to sort it out.

David Crossley
06-01-2014, 02:58 PM
Bitcoin or Petfoods are your best bet for investing in at the minute.

Wolfshade
06-02-2014, 02:08 AM
Property or art gives better returns.

The question you need to ask yourself is why you are investing.

If you are looking for large dividends then GW isn't really the thing.

If you are wanting to own a little bit of your hobby, sure why the hell not.

Perhaps another question is what sort of risk are you willing to expose yourself to and what length of turn around are you looking at.

If you want a low-risk long term investment government bonds are a good deal. (usually)
If you want a high-risk short term then emerging markets are the way forwards.

With greater risk comes greater rewards, but you can lose all your investments easily.

As Mystery says: Talk to your advisor and see what they recommend based on your individual disposition
And as DarkLink says: Trying to seperate the wheat from the chaff is ardious, plus this is the interents anyone can purport to be anyone.

Mr Mystery
06-02-2014, 04:20 AM
Oh, and random Forum advice wouldn't be regulated anywhere. So if you took advice from me to invest in say, shares in The Moomins, and lost all your money? That's you stuffed.

Whereas an actual IFA? Not so stuffed, as you can chase them for bad advice etc.

Psychosplodge
06-02-2014, 06:00 AM
Though why wouldn't you invest in Moomins?
Moomins are awesome. And apparently theres a museum in Finland, yes you read right, a Moomin museum!
How cool is that?
Clearly a good investment.

Mr Mystery
06-02-2014, 06:15 AM
Nah.

You want to be in Clangers. I mean, they live on the Moon, so that's space age right there. And they have Soup Dragons, so self sufficient.

I'm telling you man, Bagpuss is done, Moomins are old hat. Clangers are the future.

Wolfshade
06-02-2014, 06:21 AM
Noob, can't invest in them.

The rights are owned by Smallfilms which is not a publicly traded company.

Though buy some of the original memorabilia, and when the new series is launched in 2015 sell it on ebay for profit (hopefully).

Psychosplodge
06-02-2014, 06:23 AM
While clangers are a reasonably secure investment, I believe Moomins are the future due to them being a variant of troll, and we all know that the growth of the internet has seen an explosion in troll numbers.

Gotthammer
06-02-2014, 06:43 AM
I prefer to support the green alternative: Wombles. And they're kinda 40k too.

Mr Mystery
06-02-2014, 07:33 AM
While clangers are a reasonably secure investment, I believe Moomins are the future due to them being a variant of troll, and we all know that the growth of the internet has seen an explosion in troll numbers.

But increasing numbers of Trolls are going to Pris for being Trolls. No Clanger has ever been to Pris.

Though apparently, Hedge Funds are starting to buy up The Herbs. Parsley the Lion in particular.

Psychosplodge
06-02-2014, 07:43 AM
I prefer to support the green alternative: Wombles. And they're kinda 40k too.

In what manner?

But increasing numbers of Trolls are going to Pris for being Trolls. No Clanger has ever been to Pris.

Though apparently, Hedge Funds are starting to buy up The Herbs. Parsley the Lion in particular.

Yeah but these are cute adorable trolls

Gotthammer
06-02-2014, 07:49 AM
In what manner?

I don't put my litter in the bin when I go to a park, helps 'em out you know?

Psychosplodge
06-02-2014, 07:57 AM
No I meant how are they 40k?

Gotthammer
06-02-2014, 08:06 AM
http://www.spectacularoptical.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/tv_wombles1.jpg

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/7f/d0/7fd07b64c1c4d4c9cba5d0161cac48e4.jpg

Family resemblance.

Mr Mystery
06-02-2014, 08:08 AM
WOMBLES!

I love Womble Marines.

Psychosplodge
06-02-2014, 08:17 AM
omfg lols

Asymmetrical Xeno
06-02-2014, 10:34 AM
The Womble heads are practically the same shape, and the Wombles also share a similar level of "bulk" which leads me to believe space marines arent in fact post-humans but are actually wombles in disguise. Think about it. It makes sense. GW doesnt want you to know this truth, and they will probably try to send a Callidus assassin to silence me, so this might be my final post.