PDA

View Full Version : Adepticon SW combat patrol help?

syderwarp
01-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Okay I was planning on SW last year, but couldn't finish painting,or getting off work all 3 days. I just hung out and drank, listen to 40k Radio :o

I was thinking of trying a less uber event of combat patrol, but having trouble with my list. I have about every 2nd ed. models so I'm open for suggestions/help.

I was thinking a Fast attack = 1-2 speeders,or attack bikes 1-3. or convert something for thunder wolves. Or some Skyclaws X 5, 1 Wolf guard

Troops 1 x10 GH, flamer,melta, Wolf guard
5-15 BC

Transport
Rhino 1(2)
or RB

heavy 1(2) long Fangs ,(Wulf Guard leader (s) )
Or Vindicator, Dread=, Melta,PC/twin Bolter

Elites= 10 Scouts

that's as far as I got :eek:

Ordo
01-14-2010, 06:24 PM
only problem is dreads are elites in the new codex. and what are u taking for hq. I have found that a wolf lord on thunderwolf with a strom bolter and power weapon and saga of the bear is a good combo

syderwarp
01-16-2010, 11:32 AM
only problem is dreads are elites in the new codex. and what are u taking for hq. I have found that a wolf lord on thunderwolf with a strom bolter and power weapon and saga of the bear is a good combo

I was thinking Rune priest with JoWW with plasma pistol.
But after looking at the "Combat Patrol" rules armor has to be no more than 33 added up. Dread is at 34 :mad:

http://www.adepticon.org/10rules/2010cp.pdf

Rusty Nail
01-16-2010, 12:23 PM
If you are using space wolves you have to take a long fang squad with 5 launchers - can take out hordes or take down any armour on the board, they are also great at thinning out high armour save armies.
I won a local combat patrol comp with aformentioned unit of Long Fangs, a unit of Greyhunters and a Landspeeder Typhoon with Multimelta.
I think I might have a better list but haven't playtested it enough to say for definite.
Tom

syderwarp
01-16-2010, 01:48 PM
If you are using space wolves you have to take a long fang squad with 5 launchers - can take out hordes or take down any armour on the board, they are also great at thinning out high armour save armies.
I won a local combat patrol comp with aformentioned unit of Long Fangs, a unit of Greyhunters and a Landspeeder Typhoon with Multimelta.
I think I might have a better list but haven't playtested it enough to say for definite.
Tom

I like this list! :D But don't have Typhoon :eek: Have 2 LF 2nd Edition packs (0ver shoulder) Fangs.

But that brings me to another next point. In the new dex can LF get Pack leader,and a Wolf guard too?

wazatdingder
01-25-2010, 05:49 PM
I was thinking Rune priest with JoWW with plasma pistol.
But after looking at the "Combat Patrol" rules armor has to be no more than 33 added up. Dread is at 34 :mad:

http://www.adepticon.org/10rules/2010cp.pdf

No JoWW. Adepticon has banned the use of any psychic power requiring psy tests

rle68
01-25-2010, 06:09 PM
its because of stupid stuff like that i wont go to adepticon, that and they like to make up thier own rules when they dont like gw's rules

syderwarp
01-25-2010, 08:37 PM
No JoWW. Adepticon has banned the use of any psychic power requiring psy tests

yeh I noticed that in the rules along with no 2wound charectors, no 2+sv,:eek: Now I just seen the psychic thing.(in 2nd ED. we would play without :omagick ) .

So I'm looking at a Landspeeder H-Flamer,MM. GH with Flamer, Plasma/and or Melta. LF with 2-3 Missles, Plasma Cannon, H B,or Las Cannon. . Stuck right there. I would like take 5 ferisan Wolves. Or scouts,and/or BC.

rle68
01-25-2010, 09:43 PM
wolves are terrible.... blood claws even worse.. scouts are a good option 2 plasmas and a melta with BEL makes them a sneaky tactic