PDA

View Full Version : help me choose space marine chapter

guardsman1231
01-16-2010, 10:58 AM
i have recently bought 4 assault on black reach sets to boost my existing ork army but i do not want to throw away good miniatures so i asked my friend if he wanted any of the space marines that came with it. he took some of them and turned them into black consuls but that still leaves me with 1500 pts i then just decided to collect a small space marine army so i bought the ultramarines codex and chaos codex because they dont look that to convert.having a look through i couldnt make my mindup about what chapter to make them so that ends up with me posting this for some ideas

Akimbo Lizard
01-16-2010, 01:14 PM
Black Templar:
Very Easy to paint
They run D6 everytime an enemy shoots at them
Nice lookng Models
'Nuff Said
WAIT AND Meat sheilds are distributed between most squads

person person
01-17-2010, 02:36 AM
Agreed, them and Dark Angels are pretty easy to paint, Blood Angels are too if you can get the solid red. Don't forget Blood Angels are coming out with a new codex.

Cryl
01-17-2010, 06:19 AM
I'd wait to see what the new BA codex is like and then make your choice unless you've got a particular preference for background (which by the sounds of it you don't), then you can make an informed choice between all the varieties of Imperial marine and csms. I like the vanilla codex myself for the variety it allows me, the wolf book is currently the most competitive of the lot imo. As always YMMV

guardsman1231
01-19-2010, 03:22 PM
[QUOTE=Cryl;48881]I'd wait to see what the new BA codex is like and then make your choice unless you've got a particular preference for background (which by the sounds of it you don't), then you can make an informed choice between all the varieties of Imperial marine and csms. I like the vanilla codex myself for the variety it allows me, the wolf book is currently the most competitive of the lot imo. As always YMMV[/QU

yeah i guess i better wait i could regret making my choice to soon

Legoklods
01-19-2010, 04:30 PM
BLACK TEMPLARS!

Both Blood angels and black templars are better in cc than space wolves. Forget the unforgiven... unless you are into hoodies and such.
Anyway the blood angels are good at getting to grips with the enermy in no time, but Black Templars are mental killing machines (and look better)

rle68
01-19-2010, 06:13 PM
obviously anyone who thinks those two armies are better in close combat then the wolves hasnt read the wolves codex i will eat any of those squads with my wolves i play all 3 and neither the BA or Templars can hang with them

ill take Ragnar and 10 grey hunters against any character and a squad of either army and eat them for lunch