PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Mech Black Templar List

Masterowen45
01-16-2010, 11:15 AM
HQ’s
Emperors champ (Vow: accept challenge no...)

Marshal
Pair of Lightning claws
Artificer armour
Holy orb

Chaplain (Reclusiarch)
Plasma pistol

Elites
Dreadnought
Extra armour
Multi-melta
Tank Hunter
Smoke Launchers
Drop pod- Deathwind Laucher

Dreadnought
Venerable
Extra armour
Tank Hunter
Smoke launcher
Drop pod- Deathwind Launcher

Terminator assault sword brethrenx5- in LRC(if only had the points for 2 more!!)
Furious charge
Lightning clawsx3
Thunder hammersx2

Land raider crusader- smoke launchers

Troops
Crusader squadx9
Melta gun
PF
Rhino-Extra armour, smoke launchers

Crusader squadx9
Melta gun
PF

Heavy
Vindicator
Extra armour
Smoke Launchers
Dozer blade

Vindicator
Extra armour
Smoke Launchers
Dozer blade

Total: 1969

Kill points: 15
Scoring units: 2
Models: 35

The idea is just for the whole army to serge forward. With the rhinos moving forward and popping smoke on turn one for the guys to then jump out and assault on turn two. The two rhinos will have the emperors champ and marshal in with the chaplain in the LRC. The two dreds then drop pod in the flanks with one charging and the other shooting. They should hopefully come in turn 2 or 3. The vindicators will then sit back and shoot at anything that is dangerous in combat. The only downside to this list is only 2 troops which is going to be difficult in objective based missions. I may also have to drop some upgrades so I can have 7 terminators and use the LRC to its full. Any C&C would be greatly appreciated as I would like to get this army started as soon and possible.

Nikephoros
01-16-2010, 01:14 PM
The Vindicators can lose all the upgrades you gave them and buy PotMS instead.

I would lose the chaplain to pay for the extra two terminators, and to give the venerable dread twinlinked lascannon and missle launcher since those take advantage of Tank Hunter better. The normal dread with a multimelta doesnt need Tank Hunter, so its a waste of points.

You should have some points left, so I would probably lose the Holy Orb on your marshal, and give him terminator honors instead.

Masterowen45
01-16-2010, 04:04 PM
I would lose the chaplain to pay for the extra two terminators, and to give the venerable dread twinlinked lascannon and missle launcher since those take advantage of Tank Hunter better.
thats a pretty good idea.

The normal dread with a multimelta doesnt need Tank Hunter, so its a waste of points.
why? you still get the tank hunted bonus from ranged weapons.

The Vindicators can lose all the upgrades you gave them and buy PotMS instead.

To be honest i am not keep on Potms especially on a vindicator- if I then get a crew shaken the vindicator will move forward 12 (full speed) which will bring it into the open the BS 2 also sucks.

You should have some points left, so I would probably lose the Holy Orb on your marshal, and give him terminator honors instead.
i may drop him as well- and add more troops

Nikephoros
01-16-2010, 10:21 PM
why? you still get the tank hunted bonus from ranged weapons.

You have a multimelta in a drop pod. There is no excuse for not landing within melta range of the rear armor of your target. Unless you miss your to-hit roll the target should die tank hunter or not.

To be honest i am not keep on Potms especially on a vindicator- if I then get a crew shaken the vindicator will move forward 12 (full speed) which will bring it into the open the BS 2 also sucks.

Power of the machine spirit will allow the tank to shoot even if shaken, and will allow the tank to move 12 and shoot. Most opponents look at vindicators like fire prisms, they dont care if they pop them so long as they shake them every turn. PotMS prevents that strategy, because it forces your opponent to focus even more fire to silence the gun, which will keep your single LRC alive longer. Also, the BS2 scatter isnt a huge deal, because 1/3rd of the time it will hit no matter what the BS is and if youre shooting at big squads or bunched up guys like you should be the tank will hit somebody even with an average roll.
[/QUOTE]

Masterowen45
01-17-2010, 12:51 PM
how's this?

HQ’s

Marshal
Pair of Lightning claws
Artificer armour
Terminator honours

Elites
Dreadnought
Extra armour
Rocket Launcher
TL Lascannon
Smoke Launchers

Dreadnought
Venerable
Extra armour
Tank Hunter
Smoke launcher

Terminator assault sword brethrenx7- in LRC
Furious charge
Lightning clawsx5
Thunder hammersx2

Land raider crusader- smoke launchers

Troops
Crusader squadx10
Melta gun
PF

Crusader squadx10
Melta gun
PF

Heavy
Vindicator
POTMS
Dozer blade

Vindicator
POTMS
Dozer blade

Total: 2046

I am 46 points over so could do with dropping something- i may drop the marshal and add a terminator (to a total of 8)

Masterowen45
01-17-2010, 02:51 PM
wow thanks very much, i will have to have a think. I agree that there aren't enough troops and a large unit would do great. shall update the list shortly

Thanks

MarshalAdamar
01-17-2010, 02:51 PM
HQ’s

Marshal
Pair of Lightning claws
Terminator armor

Why: Because with no Iron halo he has no Invul save and there is room in the LRC for him to lead the Terminator squad. I got rid of terminator honors because you were points heavy and they don’t really help him much.

Elites
Dreadnought
Extra amour
Tank hunters
Assualt cannon
Heavy flamer/CCW
Smoke Launchers

Why: Because the TL las cannon will probably hit most of the time with BS 4. The heavy flamer is better for mass troop removal with the drop pod able to land close if there are no armored targets and Tank hunters because it makes the Las cannon effectively STR 10

Dreadnought
Venerable
Extra amour
Assault cannon
Heavy flamer/CCW
Tank hunters
Smoke launcher

Why: Because the Venerable can mow down troops and with effectively a STR 7 rending assault cannon you can effectively destroy armored units. Again, heavy flamers rock at taking out anyone not in power armor! Drop both these guys near just about any thing, flame it up then shoot it up! Then hit it with the death wind launchers because they can’t hurt the dreads if they drift and with POTMS the death wind launchers can fire the turn they land!

Furious charge
Lightning clawsx5
Thunder hammersx2

Awesome, add the marshal and it’s golden.

Land raider crusader
smoke launchers
Extra armor

Why: I gave it extra armor so you can move if you get stunned and have the POTMS fire the assault cannon. If you don’t you have to use POTMS to move and it has to be in a straight line and you can’t shoot.

Now for my comments in general.

You NEED a Marshal if you want to win with this list.
Why: Because you have only two troops and EVERY time you take a casualty from shooting your going to test LD 8 and you WILL fail 45% or so of the time. With the Marshal you’ll have Ld. 10 and that helps.

My personal opinion is that this list is missing out on one of the templar’s biggest strengths righteous zeal with 20 man squads. I would have one squad of 10 initiates, with 10 neophytes, lead by a chaplain with 3 cenobyte servitors

It will give your opponent a fit. The Chaplain allows you to automatically pass your RZ test! He allows you to reroll the RZ distance, and three servitors gets you +3” So you can move up to 9” in your opponents turn and he allows you to move towards ANY enemy you choose not just the closest one.

I would lose a vindicator and a dread and put in the squad O doom.

But that’s just me. For me this list doesn’t have enough troops but if they’re mostly there to hold objectives while the terminators kill everything it could work out well.

Hope that helps a little.

Nikephoros
01-17-2010, 03:08 PM
how's this?

Elites
Dreadnought
Extra armour
Rocket Launcher
TL Lascannon
Smoke Launchers

You need tank hunters on this. Str10 lascannons and str 9 rockets are the whole point of taking that loadout. You can save points by losing the deathwind launchers. Also, dreadnaughts do not have any use for smoke launchers or extra armor.

Dreadnought
Venerable
Extra armour
Tank Hunter
Smoke launcher

No need for smoke launchers or deathwind launchers or extra armor.

Heavy
Vindicator
POTMS
Dozer blade

Vindicator
POTMS
Dozer blade

You do not need Dozer Blades under any circumstances.

Those changes should easily bring you under your points limit and are full of win.

Masterowen45
01-18-2010, 11:29 AM
HQ’s
Emperors champ (in a rhino)
Vow: accept challenge no...

Marshal (in LRC)
Pair of Lightning claws
Terminator armour

Chaplain
Cenobyte servitorx3
Bolt pistol

Dreadnought
Venerable
Extra armour
Tank Hunter
Heavy flamer CCW
Smoke launcher

Furious charge
Lightning clawsx5
Thunder hammersx2

Land raider crusader
Smoke launchers
extra armour

Troops
Crusader squad (10x Initiates and 10X Neophytes)
Meltagun
Powerfist

Crusader squadx10
Melta gun
PF

Crusader squadx10
Melta gun
PF

Heavy
Vindicator
POTMS

Total:2106-just over i may have to cut some wargear off!?! any ideas

Legoklods
01-19-2010, 04:30 PM
I think you simply need more scoring units...
I don't know much about Black Templars but... If I were facing you I would target your troops right away and you just might be out of scoring units by turn 3...

eagleboy7259
01-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Nah, for the most part black templars still either table their opponent of they lose big, there really isn't much middle ground they way they build out their armies.

As far as this current list, I think that you could easily drop the Chappy and make room for some more of anything else or atleast put you under on points.

rle68
01-19-2010, 05:39 PM
here is my idea of a 2000 point list

heavy support
3 vindicators with potms

troops
2 las plas 5 man squads on foot
2 crusader squads 5 man 1 melta razor back las cannons

elites
sword brethern squad 5 men melta 2 lighting claws razor back lascannons furious charge
sword brethern termies 2 assault cannons tank hunter
land raider crusader transport

venerable dreadnaught
las cannon
missle launcher
tank hunter

Emperors champion
abhor the witch ( my only vow i ever take )

thats 1850

3-5 man bike squad with 2 meltas depends on total cost to get to 2000

thats 4 scoring units with the sword brothers moving and causing havoc i attach teh Emp champ to the termies becasue of the init 1

Masterowen45
01-20-2010, 11:17 AM
getting rid of the Chaplain would get me down to 1978, but this will obviously downgrade the large 20 man squad.
I guess it is the best option, so i have 22 points left, any cheap wargear which is good?