PDA

View Full Version : Tzeench List 1500pts

Juju
08-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Here a list that I have been toiling around with for a while now.

1 Daemon Prince @ 200 Pts
Close Combat Weapon; Fearless; Wings; Bolt of Change (x1); Mark of Tzeentch; Warptime (x1)
1 Daemon Prince @ 200 Pts
Close Combat Weapon; Fearless; Wings; Bolt of Change (x1); Mark of Tzeentch; Warptime (x1)
3x 9 Thousand Sons @ 292 Pts
Bolter; Fearless; Slow and Purposeful; Inferno Bolts; Mark of Tzeentch
1 Aspiring Sorceror @ [85] Pts
Bolt Pistol; Force Weapon; Fearless; Inferno Bolts; Warptime; Mark of Tzeentch
3x 1 Obliterators @ 75 Pts
Power Fist
Total Roster Cost: 1501

Should I have my daemon princes with a nurgle mark instead? I would then add a few warriors thousand sons squads to make up the difference in points. Is the t6 really that much of an improvement?

Juju
08-05-2009, 02:55 PM
I might have just learned that my army isn't half as effective as I thought it was. There is another post in the rules section about warptime. The problem for me is I thought whole squads of thousand sons gained this ability, but the ruling has been only the sorceror gains the rerolls for hit and wound dice.

With that being said, I was still wondering what you guys think about a tzeentch deamon prince vs a nurgle deamon prince, both with warptime. Which is better in your opinion???

Latro_
08-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Yea warp time on the sorcerers is prob a waste.

ugh TS's are such a tricky army to write a list for! I don't think you 'can' actually write a killer list.

However some points:
5th ed is very mech orientated, you need troops in scoring positions and quick. You have no rhinos and your troops have the slow and purposeful rule and mid range weapons! Without a shadow of a doubt I'd get the points to make sure every TS squad is in a rhino.

The power to take on the unit sorcerers is always tricky. I intend to do a TS army in the future and the sheer cost of them would maybe make me just take the inferno bolts, However I love the idea of a long drawn out combat with them turning the enemy into spawn!

A TS list is actually maybe one of the few times the chaos lord choice is actually decent. The TS daemon weapon basically makes him into a mini unit of TS's at bs5! and still provides much needed backup in CC should the TS's get assaulted. All this for 140ish pts isnt too shabby.

You have done the dual prince option which is always sick, however it worries me when they are tzeetch themed like this as its 400 pts gone.

mkerr
08-05-2009, 03:39 PM
It looks like you are going to revise your list a bit, so I'll only leave a few comments.

1. I like Tzeench Daemon Princes. The 3+/4+ will give you enough time to get him into combat and the re-rolls make him a monster. In my experience (which isn't a lot because I rarely use wings) I found the 4+ invulnerable discourages targeting him more than T6, but your mileage may vary.

2. Thousand Sons really need transports to work.

Best of luck!

-- MKerr

Latro_
08-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Ok so you got me thinking about my TS list when i do it, just wrote this up quick and thought it might be of some use:

So idea is:
Daemon prince, nice 4+ inv save does what he does best aka smash stuff up. I put the gift on him here as I have found princes can often get tied up in long combats with lots of troops and oh so fear that hidden PF trooper. Gift however not being the most competitive is very fluffy and will be fun in these situations, mmm your farseer is now a spawn!

Chaos lord goes with the smaller TS unit and with his daemon weapon is more or less potentially doubling the AP3 death the unit pumps out, along with being bs5! He can hold his own in combat since he still gets the D6 extra attacks and has a 4+ inv save.

TS units are at 7 (ok fluff be damned, 9 is overkill, hes the lord of change and hates nurgle right? lets steal his magic number). They have rhinos to get to where they need to go and potentially do drive bys. The sorcerer is kept cheap and just adds extra fire power.

Combi weapons (flamer) on a couple of the rhinos in case of hordes

2 units of two obilterators, sole reason for not bothering with the expensive bolt... just take obilts. Family fave in any chaos army, i'd normally take 3 but owing to lack of range two units of two are needed here and they obv preform an anti tank role.

CC defiler. Use one in my DG army and must say he's a god send. In this case he adds pie plate doome to hordes and owing to his fleet and 5 attacks on the charge he should be able to respond to any of the TS units who get locked in combat with any nasties. Kept the flamer on him instead of another CCW again for anti horde.

-------------------------------------------
Daemon Prince 180
Wings, Mark Tzeentch, Gift of Chaos
Chaos Lord 145
Bolt Pistol, CCW, Frag, Krak
Mark Tzeentch, Daemon Weapon
6 Thousand Sons 185
Bolters
w/ Asp Sorcerer
Doombolt, Force Weapon, Bolt Pistol

Rhino 35
Combi-Bolter, Smoke, Light
7 Thousand Sons 208
Bolters
w/ Asp Sorcerer

Rhino 45
Combi-Bolter, Smoke, Light
7 Thousand Sons 208
Bolters
w/ Asp Sorcerer

Rhino 45
Combi-Bolter, Smoke, Light, Combi-Weapon
Defiler 150
3x CCW, Battle Cannon, Heavy Flamer
2 Obilterators 150
2 Obilterators 150

Chumbalaya
08-05-2009, 05:47 PM
If you want to do TSons, god bless you :P

Best I can think of is TSons in Rhinos with Bolt of Change, 2 DPs with bolt and warp time, and Oblits. You need as much anti-tank as possible but you really won't have much armor beyond moving shields. Termies in a Land Raider might work.