PDA

View Full Version : Wave 6 Expansion Pack - Meet the Azzameens!

trojanpoints
06-19-2014, 12:02 PM
Hello!

Now that I have your attention, please let me introduce myself as a fairly recent X-Wing Miniatures convert, FFG forum lurker and slightly less recent Sci Fi gaming blogger...

I just wrote a post about a purely hypothetical (that is made up, unofficial, etc.) Wave 6 expansion pack based on the ships and characters of the X-Wing Alliance computer game and I'd love to have feedback on it...

http://www.trojanpoints.blogspot.be/2014/06/x-wing-miniatures-wave-6-meet-azzammens.html

I hope it's OK to post such a link on here (I do believe it's quite relevant - and it's not commercial - but some forum would consider it spam), if not let me know: I'll remove the post and not make the same mistake again.

Enjoy...

PalinMoonstride
06-24-2014, 08:15 AM
I have been thinking of a similar expansion since I first started playing the game. I was thinking more of a card and token only expansion giving you pilot cards for the Yt-1300 and firespray. There could be title cards for the sabra, selu, vasudra and andrasta. A few more generic ship cards with pilot skills we don't have yet and a few scenarios taken from early levels of the game. Something like the target practice mission where a yt-1300 and firespray compete to destroy cargo crates. The cargo crates could be an asteroid replacement for normal games and if you hit one and take damage you keep rolling until you come up with a miss or focus. It could represent the cargo being explosive!

Wizzardx3
07-01-2014, 07:30 PM
YT-1300
YT-2600 (when it comes out)
Firespray
Z-95 Headhunter
HWK
You can event do a Frigate for large games.

El_Davo
07-05-2014, 08:33 PM
I think it would be cool if ffg released like a section of the death star to play on. like it could have turrets and a launch bay to launch tie fighters. it could be 50 points or so, but the imperial player controls the turrents or gets a free tie fighter or something or extended deployment zone. could be kinda cool for a wave 6 lo.

kellyj
07-06-2014, 12:58 AM
Wave 6 is a trap.

Wils7
07-11-2014, 04:21 PM
Oh, I like this idea. A death star surface with turrets sticking up, so you would also need to fly around them. Let alone them also shooting at you!

El_Davo
07-16-2014, 01:20 PM
right? it could be cool if the rebels had an objective turret to destroy or an exhaust port that needs to be killed. could make proton torps useful. or bombs too. that would be sweet lol. hard to miss a stationary target.