PDA

View Full Version : Darkened Skies Tyranid Army List

Akaiyou
01-18-2010, 06:56 AM
HQ:
1 Swarmlord
Bone Sabre; Alien Cunning; Blade Parry; Psychic Monstrosity; Swarm Leader; Leech Essence; Paroxysm; Psychic Scream; The Horror
3 Tyrant Guard
Instinctive Behavior Feed; Rending Claws; Scything Talons; Blind Rampage; Shieldwall

Elite:
3 Zoanthrope
Claws and Teeth; Warp Field; Warp Blast; Warp Lance; Synapse Creature; Shadow in the Warp
1 Mycetic Spore
Immobile Pod; Limited Sentience; Transport Spore; Lash Whip; Ripper Tentacles; Venom Cannon

1 Death Leaper
"Where is it?"; Instinctive Behavior Lurk; It's After Me!!!; Killing Strike; Pheromone Trail; What was that?; Where did it go?!; Chameleonic Skin; Flesh Hooks; Rending Claws; Scything Talons

1 The Doom of Malan'tai
Absorb Life; Instinctive Behavior Feed; Psychic Strength; Spirit Leech; Claws and Teeth; Cataclysm; Shadow in the Warp; Warp Field
1 Mycetic Spore
Immobile Pod; Limited Sentience; Transport Spore; Lash Whip; Ripper Tentacles; Venom Cannon

Troops:
20 Gaunt Brood
Instinctive Behavior Lurk; Adrenal Glands; Claws and Teeth; Toxin Sacs; Fleshborer
1 Mycetic Spore
20 Gaunt Brood
Instinctive Behavior Lurk; Adrenal Glands; Claws and Teeth; Toxin Sacs; Fleshborer
1 Mycetic Spore
20 Gaunt Brood
1 Mycetic Spore
20 Gaunt Brood
1 Mycetic Spore
20 Gaunt Brood
1 Mycetic Spore

Total Roster Cost: 1990
Model Count: 116
Kill Point Count: 17

Notes:

I wanted to try using a bunch of the special characters together, I find that the Swarmlord, Death Leaper and Doom of Malan'tai compliment each other's abilities really really well.

The focus here is really on them, while everything else is there to support them, I decided to use my Alien Cunning to mass effect by having the entire army come from reserves minus the Swarmlord.

In Dawn of War deployment I can see this army being brutal! Specially if you get first turn. And have a ton of units arriving to back up your Swarmlord on turn 2.

Everything is in mycetic spore minus the Death Leaper who arrives in style as well. I focused on giving the mycetic spores all venom cannons, due to it's strength complimenting it's Ripper Tentacles perfectly, meaning i can always shoot both at the same targets without rending neither ineffective.

Due to the mass amounts of S6 from all the spores enemy tanks AND infantry will be in trouble as I deep strike right next to them and shoot their side/rear armour and unleash the troops within to take out the infantry around.

The Zoanthrope squad is to take out the most menacing or toughest vehicles, and the doom is there to get in and cause as much mayhem as possible hopefully lowering a Farseer's leadership with the Death Leaper by 3 and then letting the Doom do the rest.

With the Swarmlord in tow most of the army will be coming in on turn 2 with only a few left overs to arrive on turn 3. I plan on getting the swarmlord into combat with the meanest baddest unit i possibly can just to try and keep him engage and out of danger. A giant mob of orks would be a great candidate.

So what do you guys think?

I plan on proxying carnifexes as mycetic spores since i dont have any spore models. But if this list proves succesful I may have to buy quite a few spores in the future.

Oh and the gaunts all have adrenal glands and toxin sacs, with everything else that will be on the field they will probably be the last thing the opponent will be worried about if I take them vanilla so i took super gaunts to make sure they also pose a great threat to anything in their vicinity vehicles included.

Drakkan Vael
01-18-2010, 07:14 AM
While I think this is an interesting Idea, you'll have a lot of problems with mech lists.

Strength 6 shots do nothing against AV 13/14 and close to nothing against AV 12.

The Mycetic Spores are only BS2. They don't hit too often and they must allways shoot the closest target.

And if you really want a "death from above" List, I'd exchange the Swarmlord for Tyranid Primes and land them with the Zoas or some gaunts. Cut them loose and watch them kill small units or tanks on their own.

Caldera02
01-18-2010, 07:48 AM
In dawn of war, they can reserve everything. Most of your stuff will come in and then he will come on and get to shoot YOU first. Now if you went second, then yea would be better. Without a tervigon giving the gaunts counter-attack and/or catalyst, those units getting assaulted by any kind of assault unit will get crushed. You got enough of them though, that could work. Try it out and let us know.