PDA

View Full Version : Salamanders Army Build out/ List

Dbrinson
01-18-2010, 08:39 AM
I plan on running Vulkan with 3 squads 2 dreads and 3 speeders squadron or no squadron depends on points. and of course everything thing taking the Vulkan Appropriate. but i was wanting to get views of Jump Infantry with two flamers and a TH on the Searg. Any Opinions.

Have several SM armies. just like to paint and want to play so i window up building about a company.

Vulkan

Additional HQ No yet Chosen

3 Tactical Squad with Rhinos

Squad of Assault Terms

3 Speeder HF MM

1 Thunder Fire Cannon

2 MM HF Dread

3 Drop Pods

1 Whirlwind

1 5 man Scout

is the Current Models Finished for this army

I have the Jump But want to know about playability

Cryl
01-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Not quite sure how much of a change you intend to make to this list but a couple of things jump straight out at me... get a landraider with extra armour and a pintle MM for your assault termies (a LRR is quite salamanders although I personally prefer the LRC) they're an awesome unit but you need their AV14 box to get them into a useful place to kill things. Don't drop pod thunderfire cannons, put it somewhere nice and safe and bolster the cover it's in.

If you're intending to drop both dreads in then keep the third pod otherwise you won't be able to drop both on the same turn so you might want to give a tactical squad a pod.

Second HQ choice should be a librarian with termie armour, Storm Shield and Null Zone plus whatever else you think is worth having, adding this to you assault team in the LR will make them a real killing unit

As for the jump infantry personally I wouldn't bother. For the cost you can add another dread or more termies both of which will kill things better than assault marines, if you're dealing with hordes consider dakka preds, they're cheap and really very killy.

As always this is just my opinion and YMMV

wittdooley
01-18-2010, 10:04 AM
I think you're pretty spot on, though a LRR would help a lot for your termies. I personally refuse to use Speeder with my Salamanders army because it so goes against their fluff.

Dbrinson
01-19-2010, 08:51 AM
well thanks for the input. i will prolly pick up the LRR. i have several lrcs for my BT's and have a bunch of jump infantry left over from a collection i had bought and wanted to do something with them. since i plan on podding on there lines turn one i thought i could maybe draw the focus there while running the jumps up on them real quick and using the thunderfire cannon to slow the assault down. any body try a similiar tactic. pods will most likely include 2 dreads and a squad with vulkan. and then 2 squads in rhino's the t-fire cannon and the 2 jump squads on the field.