PDA

View Full Version : 7e Tanith First and Only 87 Page Fandex

Chaos_Seer
06-28-2014, 03:49 AM
Hey all

I just completed my 87 page codex for Gaunt's Ghosts. I'm extremely proud of this - it's fully formatted to the 6th edition codex visual and organizational standards and it's the culmination of a couple weeks continuous effort - and I mean that literally.

This codex includes:

- History of the Sabbat Worlds Crusades

- A full force organization slot of units unique to the Tanith First and Only, set apart from choices in Codex: Astra Militarum

- All your favorite characters and very specific, detailed and well-considered rules for their use.

- Crusade allies - field Narmenian armour, Vitrian Dragoons, Phantine Thunderbolts and the Risen Saint herself!

I hope you guys enjoy! I put a LOT of hard work into making this to a standard of excellence. I think I can safely say this is the BEST Gaunts Ghosts codex ever made.

Such is the size of the codex (almost 17 megs!) that I can't post it as a forum attachment. I wish I could. And given the trouble I took to arrange it in the format it's in, I couldn't really take the time to UNformat it to save space. For a lack of a better option, here it is uploaded to a file-host:

http://www.filedropper.com/warhammer40k-tanithfirstandonly7ecodex2014

You can also find a version on Google Docs; alas the color is distorted on Google, but if you like it you can always download a hard copy:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6P_IpE7H5z7SkR2VTRMcDZqdjA/edit?usp=sharing

If you're a member of Dakka Dakka you can find this file directly downloadable in their 40K Proposed Rules section. That was the only forum willing to host a 16 meg PDF file. If you're a torrent guy, you can search for it under the "Other" section of The Pirate Bay. It's well metatagged, even searching "Tanith" will find it. I've already uploaded it there 94 times, and I have 11 seeds so it's downloading fast and plentifully. The total thread views I have between all the forums I've posted on exceed 560 views with positive feedback given by 10 users. So this ain't no prissy project. There are errors, being a first release, but they've been mostly identified. I've resolved them in my hard-copy and will release a second version once I've received sufficient input.

Would you like to help this project?
I've done a lot of work getting this codex put together. But what I really need are playtesters! So if you enjoy my rules, please, by all means test them out. If you'd be so kind and post battle reports here, as well as army lists you'd like to field I'd love to explore the options this codex allows for.

Chaos_Seer
07-02-2014, 03:57 PM
Although I've received no feedback on this forum, I've received positive feedback on Dakka Dakka, Warseer, Bolter and Chainsword, The Pirate Bay and two Imperial Guard dedicated forums. So please give this one a shot and give me your thoughts. I've put a lot of work into this and your involvement can only make this project better.

It'll be my intention to write a new version of the codex after some time has passed. I've already made all the obvious error fixes in the .doc file (there is maybe a dozen cosmetic errors, and two non-cosmetic errors). Between then and now I'll release an errata and FAQ, but I'm waiting for a little bit more feedback. I know of two non-cosmetic errors and a few rules which people have asked clarification on. But I'm going to wait until I have more feedback before I release something like that, so I can confront as much confusion as possible.

Also, I'm looking for additional help, if anyone's wanting to contribute to the project:

- Gaunts Ghosts fan art. I'm looking for things which are not too caricature, at least as realistic as the character art in the characters section. I am willing to accept submissions of art that is somewhat abstract, but preferably art which has no writing on it (unless the writing is in the art, like a phrase on a badge, or graffiti on a wall or something along those lines). Some of the picture use in this codex is from Games Workshop or Black Library publication; I'm willing to replace any of these with fan art submissions. I'm willing to accept any submission for the few characters who do not have pictures.

- Model submissions. I'd like to put up a full series of Gaunts Ghosts models. I'd prefer submissions of custom-built squads and characters rather than those models which GW released. It's not that I don't like them, I do, and I will include photos of them at length. But I'd like there to be more "fresh" content and less repetition. I'm looking for two kinds of photos: clear photos of the front and back of the model with a flat-toned background (white preferably), or dramatic shots of Tanith units on a well designed board, and if possible fighting enemies (of any kind, from Blood Pact to Necrons, it's all good). In the latter case I'd like the picture to only include the models and the terrain; no room as well. If you want to take a photo that shows what's around the board, please make sure the background is plain white. I'll relace the background with some kind of sky.

- Battle Testing / battle reporting. I'm desperate for this. I cannot test this codex enough. I want you to come up with any kind of list: imaginative, fluffy, competitive, over-powered, super-cheese, varied, excellent, weak, inclusive of many heroes, noninclusive of heroes, allied with Crusade Allies, and allied with any codex army. Let me know how the battle goes, how individual units perform, whether or not certain rules enhance/degrade the match, what's over powered, what's under powered and what works really well and when.

- Editing. I'm looking for anyone who is willing to receive the (eventually) updated .doc file of this codex and give it a full edit, hunting out and fixing every spelling or grammar error they find.

- Content creation. anyone who thinks they can write better content, or who can come up with good and interesting rules for characters or units I have not included may offer them to me via PM or via e-mail at [email protected]. For example - I was considering writing rules for the Outrider Bikes they used in one book. I didn't, in part because they were only used once, and in part 'cause I couldn't write any decent content for them because there was so little information on them. I'm also looking for people who are willing to come up with content to make this codex relevant to the game expansions such as Apocalypse.